No announcement yet.

Does a non-restirctive resonator exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 3" glasspack..truthfully dude..it didnt change the sound at all, made it a little quiter but not liek 20db quieter..maybe like 4 ahahha its worth the 40.00 and it will keep the oinkers off your back.. \

but yes they make a 4" inlet http://www.cherrybomb.com/Catalog/Ca...ght_tubes.aspx

Originally posted by GTRSOAR View Post
    Do you know what the largest diameter Cherry Bombs come in? I worked at Canadian Tire many years and remember selling them and only ever seeing small sizes.
    Last edited by trickey1991; 08-09-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Most performance resonators are straight through with baffles that will absorb the noise. The mass of the exhaust will free flow through but will absorb the noise. Glass packs are just straight tubes with a fibreglass packing around the outside. Theoretically they are better flowing than a true resonator but really you won't be robbed of anything using one.
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Ya so to be clear I'm not wanting to touch my cannon, I'm just wanting to quiet it down a bit and get rid of the Honda BRAP when I hit full boost. I'm anal about restriction so I must have none of it :P Looks like the 4" glasspack which will go where my resonator was or a standard performance resonator will be my best bet. The thing about the performance resonator is that I already had a full SS Kakimoto resonator. Wouldn't that be a 'performance' one? As soon as I took it out could really feel the difference in peformance so that's what I'm worried about is going back to where I was before I took it out.

Comment

K so I was looking at this for a 3.5" inlet and 3.5" outet:

The only thing that keep bugging me is that it says its a muffler, and im not using it as a muffler im needing it as a resonator because im keeping my Kakimoto muffler. I dont want to A- look like an idiot as I buy it and B- have my system sounds like garbage :P

Comment

check out Vibrant Performance on line they have all kinds, I'm looking at getting 2 myself.
            " Using Fast and Honda in the same sentence is an Oxymoron "

Comment

Grab the Cherrybomb if you want, resonators/mufflers same doodoo different pile.
              Originally posted by Snow
              Sure a condom holds water but you don't see me drinking from one.

Comment

Working...
              X