Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what this hole thread is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what this hole thread is?

Hey everyone, im trying to find out what the thread pitch and hole diameter is of the two nipples that come up vertically off the valve cover at the back end of the engine. Its the peice where you attach hoses for an oil catch can. Im replacing the entire part but I need to know what thread pitch and hole diameter is it and I cant take mine off because the car is my DD

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ill upload some pictures after dinner

Pics: Need the threads and diameter specs of this male piece:

Comment

I only get to my car on weekends and next weekend I am busy. I can find out for you the week after if no one else steps up.

Comment

Don't know it off the top of my head but if you can remove it fairly easily, drive your car to lordco/napa or a specialty fastener store and remove it there and get someone to help you out, they'll know in less than a minute. Unless you wanna do it yourself, all you need is a thread pitch gauge and vernier caliper. Search up online of how to measure ISO, SAE and Pipe thread bolts its a very handy thing to know and it'll help you more than you think.
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

I dont think they're threaded. The RB20 valve cover vents are press fit. If you put the valve covers in the freezer over night, they should pop right out in the morning ( Shouldn't even take that long .. ).
          Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
          www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
          Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
          Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

No they are threaded, my buddy has already done it, Im just having trouble getting ahold of him

Comment

Mine are not threaded either!
              aww crap, did you see that!

Comment

On an RB26 head? Interesting...

Comment

did you fix the other problem? what was it? just curious.

Comment

its not threaded , its a pushfit , i removed mine and had the castings tapped for russel fittings .

Here is the info :-

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...tml#post459813

threaded for 3/4 npt fittings
                    Last edited by cortexx; 08-25-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Ya, Russel fittings, thats exactly what im doing! Thanks so much for the help

Comment

The one thing i dont understand is the AN, whats that mean?

Comment

Oh, and what would you reccommend I use to connect the 90 deg elbow ill be using to the actual drilled and tapped valve cover? I was thinking of just a small male-male nipple, so a coupler of some kind. Thoughts?

Comment

the 90 degree elbow has an npt on one side and a compression fitting on the other , you dont need anything else it screws right in.

Ill post a parts list later on my build thread when i get home , your not the first second or third to ask me for it lol

Comment

Haha, yes its a very nice change to the valve cover. Thanks a ton man

Comment

Working...
                              X