Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R32 RB26 Stock tranny capable of holding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 RB26 Stock tranny capable of holding...

What power would the AWD tranny capable of holding if not being abused!???

Did a search came up with some actually quite good answers - 5 - 600 hp, just would like that someone running in 10s verify this!!)

GTRuk guys have variable results, but i think it is due to the driving habbit!

GTRuk

Last edited by tryingtobebest; 12-30-2011, 01:48 PM.
    TTBB is a true ACN member

you really have to factor in these trannys arnt new ,
    so its really a gamble .
    but usually a stock one at the current age can do 400 no problem , 500 if you dont go really ballsouttrackstar all the time. 550-600 is pushing it regardless of the driving habits. thats a safe guideline. if you are really concern get a rebuild and you'll be A.O.K of 600.
    Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

I have had the injector duty at 82% with 1000cc sqirters, rule of some thumbs equate that at 800hp. All I know is at the fleeting moments that I have had the car at 1.5bar it pulls like a true mid 9 sec. car.

3 seasons now and god knows how long in other peoples hands. User skill is everything, in the right hands there is no reason why a stock granny with a 300ZX freshen up kit in it and some Heavy Shockproof can't live behind 800hp for at least a couple of years.

Jon.
      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

You can break a LOT of stock transmissions at 300 each before it adds up to any decent aftermarket option... That is providing you can swap it out yourself...

Comment

Mine last about a week on 400whp. 20 year old car brother, I would'nt hit third very hard if you cant afford to replace the tranny.

Comment

Really, really depends in how you drive it and how often you use the power.

400HP every day, launches all the time, banging gears/NLS on a good clutch? About two months.

1000HP on a dyno, no gas pedal on the street ever? Forever.

I seem to get about 20,000KM out of my GTR transmissions, went to an R33 box this time and we'll see how long it lives.

I'm guessing, about two months.
            1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
            2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
            2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by terrh View Post
              i'm guessing, about two months.
              l o l
              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Had my R32 tranny rebuilt with 300zx syncro kit for about $1100. Pretty decent considering the price of some GTR parts. Haven't had the chance to test it yet but hopefully will hold 500hp for a couple years.
                Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                  I have had the injector duty at 82% with 1000cc sqirters, rule of some thumbs equate that at 800hp. All I know is at the fleeting moments that I have had the car at 1.5bar it pulls like a true mid 9 sec. car.

3 seasons now and god knows how long in other peoples hands. User skill is everything, in the right hands there is no reason why a stock granny with a 300ZX freshen up kit in it and some Heavy Shockproof can't live behind 800hp for at least a couple of years.

Jon.
                  100% correct.
                  Stock transmission gearset will take loads of power...the synchro's will not when you shift gears. Most times a major power increase is coupled with valvetrain work (ie:revving higher)...synchro's also don't like high revs as the higher you go in the revs, the more they have to slow (or speed) the input shaft (and clutch disc) to the incoming gear, and hence suffer more wear.
                  The slower you make the throw, the more time the synchro's have time to, well....synchronize, ensuring positive gear engagement.

Comment

Working...
                  X