1991 Gtr R32 Battery question..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianR32 View Post

Same day i got the battery i got Pulled over and given a ticket for not having a right hand drive sticker on my car, gunna have to do some research to fight that. Thought that law was abolished.

This sounds unlikely, why would anyone need a sticker to tell if its right hand drive?

Comment

I would definitely recommend everyone to purchase a battery tender / charger. This 2 AMP tender saves my battery upon yearly storage. Never had any issues with my battery since. Plugs into a regular socket and when fully charged, it trickles the charge to a minimum during the months of storage

when on sale it's $19.99:

http://answers.canadiantire.ca/answe.../questions.htm
      Last edited by 326_godzilla; 04-02-2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

If you go down to napa, they can almost match what you need but you won't get a red top there. They might have Interstate though.

As for storing, don't leave your battery there. Bring it in the garage (or house/basement, on wood blocks and either leave it there or trickle charge it all winter).
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by dustyGTR View Post
          Optimas are problematic, go for a Braille or the Deka. Once you fully drain an Optima you can almost never bring it back to life (at least the red tops) they used to be good before they got bought up.
          Ive drained my Red-Top at least 15 times during the 8 years Ive owned it. Trickle charge or even better Gell Cell charger. Maybe the newer models are suspect. Have it in my GTS-t, new hook ups and Optima spacer made it fit. Optima is owned by Interstate now.

Originally posted by Supraclean View Post
          Honestly Relocate your battery to the truck. I'm not even good an wiring and it was super easy.
          Im replacing the battery for a customer. Damn catch can in front of battery is dictating the size of the battery. I continue to plead my case on the re-locate but he doesnt want to spend the extra money on a kit and my labour to install. I will try and convince him until I find a battery that fits.

Comment

any battery is good. even used. just chenge those terminals and you are ready to go..... 30 mins job
            did it this week on my car! works well now!!! (i got a used battery off mazda MPV)

good Luck

p.s. not sure about fitment for r32 tho... you may need a smaller Acura Integra's battery (51)
            Last edited by JDMotion; 04-05-2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I also just bought myself CTeK batter charger from he lordco auto show so just waiting for it to arrive and get a phone call from lordco! Optima battery is on sale and I've been reading up on reviews about them and it's been a big no no so looking for a alternate one, I guess I should relocate my battery aswell while I'm at it!
              TOP SECRET- 85%
              91 accord exr - DD
              R32 GTR - summer car SOLD
              R33 GTST (sold)
              91 civic hb (swap motor) - sold

Comment

why do you guys like using massive batteries,
                I dont think many members here drive their cars in winter or have huge pointless stereo system.
                go slim.
                Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Which one would you recommend, drive mine summer time only
                  TOP SECRET- 85%
                  91 accord exr - DD
                  R32 GTR - summer car SOLD
                  R33 GTST (sold)
                  91 civic hb (swap motor) - sold

Comment

Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
                    why do you guys like using massive batteries,
                    I dont care what size, i had a 2 options : pay 100 for brand new small or free normal size....

Comment

Working...
                    X