Can you identify my exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you identify my exhaust?

Hi, wondering if someone can identify or may be familiar with this exhaust of my buddys, no name on any of the side of the muffler, 90mm almost all the way to the test pipe, and it weight less than 6 Kg without that cut front flange gasket and bolts (Just 2 pipes)

TTBB is a true ACN member

Custom???

A Kakimoto exhaust has the two sets of welding on the part that goes to tip of rear muffler -

Also looks like the I.D badge was removed on the tip.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

X2 for Kakimoto.

Comment

Thanks guys, indeed it looks like Kakimoto or maybe it is custom!
        Now the weight of it, how I differentiate if this is Titanium or Thin Stainless?

Comment

if it's f*ckin titanium, you'll know! ahah

Now search that so called ''internet'' to find your answer... :P
          My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

Well titanium dosnt really bend, it is usually cut into sections and welded, this is not titanium, looks like stainless, did u get this off kijiji? Greddy titanium?( or so the ad said) I wanted to go look at it but sold quick

Comment

Most of the test ive found req cutting or grinding metals to identify! Also i can do volume to weight test, still not my option!
              Im not sure where did he get it from, and look at this -

thread Steve, some Ti exhaust are bend!

Comment

wouldn't titanium have blueish spots where heated for solders...
                My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

^ My camera skills were bad, but look closely at the beginning of the intermedia pipe area (that is the only welds on it), and rear section just before muffler! They have that bluish color!
                  Other then that exhaust been heavily polished everywhere or maybe not but it just doesnt shine like all other exhaust ive seen, and dont have that mirror finish!
                  Also, ive never seen any SS exhaust being connected by springs and not flanges...
                  Last edited by tryingtobebest; 04-02-2014, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Anyways, it's pretty nice , was this the one on kijiji ? Couple days ago?? it does look a little blueish, could be just from heat, I also have kakimoto 3 pc, nice sound.

Comment

Yes, he said he got it from there Steve! Whats diameter on yours Kakimoto and what it weight? (Roughly intermedia and tail)

Comment

The shipping weight on my Tomei Expreme Ti was ~26lbs. I'd estimate the weight of the system would be about 20lbs.

Comment

Working...
                        X