E85 RB26 tuning questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E85 RB26 tuning questions?

Was wondering if anyone has an E85 tune on their GTR? I'm wanting to tune my R32 for E85, I have 255lp/h fuel pump, tomei FPR, 1000cc injectors and R34 N1 turbos and Nistune. Does anyone have any advice for tuning this or maps I can reference? Also is there a was to tune it to run 93octane and E85 together or will I have to have a separate map for each. Will probably be having to do a street tune on it myself until I can get enough time to bring it to the closest tuner over 2 hours away. Just trying to see if anyone has any first hand advice, about to have to start doing some research after work so I'll have an idea of how I'm going to tune it before I go on days off.

Lol, where you planning to get E85 from?!? You talking about tuning on it etc! We dont have it here (In Canada)!!! But me, just llike many others we are still praying!! Since we know its real value...
    TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

I believe there are 2 E85 pumps in all of Canada, i'd like to know where your getting some as well.

Comment

Have my car down in Texas. I work in Fort Crack 2 weeks and home for one so since I have an Alberta license and the car is registered and insured in Alberta then whenever I'm home driving it around I just say I'm down there visiting wink wink and they can't do anything. I'll be able to actually import it jan of next year. I'm an hour and a half away from Houston where they have about 30 e85 pumps around town and in the small town next to mine they just build a new gas station that serves it. $2.76 a gallon which works out to about 73 cents a liter.

Comment

Your single 255lph pump will be holding you back on e85. You'd make more power on gasoline until you add a second pump.

Comment

Yeah I was just doing some searching on the internet. Might just go ahead and order the 450 that's designed for e85

Comment

And 1000cc might just barely do it too depending on your HP level...for up to 600fwhp you should be OK. Most who go E85 go straight for the 1600 to 2000cc. E85 is VERY forgiving so you most likely could push 1000s further than 650hp.

Jon.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Sorry for the noob question but what's so great about e85? I've heard of it but never really looked into it

Sent from my SC-03D using Tapatalk

Comment

85% ethanol 15% petrol. Much much much higher knock threshold than regular pump we have here allowing much higher timing advance and boost levels.

Our gas is practically e10. "May contain up to 10% ethanol"

You will find e85 in the mid to southern area of the USA, its manufactured/processed from corn/maze.

FYI "flex fuel" compliant vehicles are able to run on e85.

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

And....

E85 has a massive cooling effect to keep intake temps down. If you are maxed out on your N1 turbos, you can push it another 100hp by just running E85 and HUGE injectors (E85 requires about 40% more volume to hit stoich). Screaming hot intake temps can be tamed by 20*c by just switching to Corn Fuel.

You should just double up on the stock fuel pumps and hotwire them. That would be plenty of fuel for 650hp on E85.

Jon.
                    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

E85 is like running on methonal and the same fuel system specs apply. Make sure hoses, hard lines, pumps, etc are E85 compatible.

I would suggest to upgrade to an aftermarket ECU (LINK, ViPEC, etc) and install a GM ethonal content sensor which allows ECU to adjust tune to suit the E85 content, as the ethonal content can change.

With E85 there can be another 50-100hp at same boost level due to the advanced ignition timing.

But with E85 you'll get worse fuel economy.

If want better fuel economy a fuel like this would be best, as can be watered down with pump gas for a higher octane gas than pump gas -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

http://www.zeitronix.com/order/order.htm#ECA

My Picture Album Link

copy & paste this ☞ > > http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v201/74260zt/rb26powered74zcar/?start=all

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                          E85 is like running on methonal and the same fuel system specs apply. Make sure hoses, hard lines, pumps, etc are E85 compatible.

I would suggest to upgrade to an aftermarket ECU (LINK, ViPEC, etc) and install a GM ethonal content sensor which allows ECU to adjust tune to suit the E85 content, as the ethonal content can change.

With E85 there can be another 50-100hp at same boost level due to the advanced ignition timing.

But with E85 you'll get worse fuel economy.

If want better fuel economy a fuel like this would be best, as can be watered down with pump gas for a higher octane gas than pump gas -

http://www.martiniracing.com.au/inde...ucts/race-fuel
                          Hard to believe that flex fuel will have worse gas millage. Isn't it supposed to be for higher mpg?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigalow View Post
                            Hard to believe that flex fuel will have worse gas millage. Isn't it supposed to be for higher mpg?

The way I understand it (I'm not so good at explaining this), it's a lighter fuel, so needs more fuel to equal the weight of pump gas, hence why you run engine richer than you would with pump gas.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                            X