Drivtrain Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivtrain Limits

Hi, ive remember reading somewhere around somebody with big horsepower opinion on drivetrain, but for the sake of me cant find this post (now, after 5hrs of straight searching in Google im not even sure if ts on this forum)

Anyway looking for legit information/posts for stock R32 GTR:

Front/Rear Driveshaft limits
    Front/Rear Diff limits
    Front/Rear Axles limits

Also, I keep reading that R32 GTR axles is same as Q45, wondering if axle boots for Q45 will fit GTR???
    Last edited by tryingtobebest; 11-08-2014, 11:09 PM.
    TTBB is a true ACN member

I've blown pinion bearings a couple times due to improper launch at 630whp, all axles seem to be holding up no problem, and driveshafts are fine. I've also blown 2 trans 3rd gear.

Comment

for tranny this year, i wanna go cryo + WPC treat ( if its worth it, it will be shot peen too). pretty sure diff can take a beating.
      Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

I stripped 3rd on stock transmission running 550tq, I would say thats the weakest link in the drivetrain

Rear driveshafts withstood 700tq with no issues, not sure when fronts will break, but if attesa works properly (and with the slower response time of the 32's attesa) you shouldn't ever see as much torque upfront as on the rear diff, so I dont think it matters much how much the fronts can take (unless you are pushing obscene power levels)

Rear diff is bulletproof, strong R200 that will throw anything at it, the front is a small R160, but read above as to why it lasts.

Take the tranny, throw PPG gears (or PAR gears, if your budget is smaller, they also makes straight cut syncho gears for around 3800$) in it, some billet forks, and a OSG billet center plate and you will be laughing at any power. Its cheaper in the long run then replacing one tranny after the other.
        Last edited by Charizard; 11-08-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Yes, im fully aware of the transmission 3rd gear! That is why I never mention anything about transmission in the original post, but funny how everybody is advising about it!

PS: Never seen OSGiken transmission have such a different/funny front housing (LEFT PIC), yes, all mine, all for GTR!
          Last edited by tryingtobebest; 11-14-2014, 11:28 AM.
          TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

Looks like a getreg

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

Pinion bearing? Nuts! stock differential? Wonder why that's happening. Stock 2 piece driveshaft? Front diff?
              No build thread.
              1991 nissan
              El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

I think my pinion angle was too close to zero causing the bearing to prematurely fail. Whoever worked on the diff last used washers to space it on the carrier bushing instead of bushings, which I believe was the incorrect height.

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

ah... sounds like a bc shop I once knew ;P

Which tells me I should be very scared of my front diff upgrade.....
                  No build thread.
                  1991 nissan
                  El terror

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
                    for tranny this year, i wanna go cryo + WPC treat ( if its worth it, it will be shot peen too). pretty sure diff can take a beating.
                    I wouldn't waste money on that, just do the OSG 1-3 gear kit. Couldn't see if the 5th gear had been done on my car but 1-3 was done and it stands up to a LOT.

Jon.
                    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                      I wouldn't waste money on that, just do the OSG 1-3 gear kit. Couldn't see if the 5th gear had been done on my car but 1-3 was done and it stands up to a LOT.

Jon.
                      One cost less than 1000$ and cover synchro,shaft and gear while the other is +2000$ and only take care of the 1-3 gear. no shaft, no synchro. And not everyone needs the close gear ratio for commune driving
                      Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

That's cool that it's only $1000 but when it fails, you now have to remove the box again (labour, annoyance, down time) and you're back to square one. If you do it again, than you're nearing the cost of the better option except you didn't spend the time to remove it.

When you say the shaft and syncros, they are being upgraded or getting treated. I don't think I've heard many people talk about broken shafts under 1000hp.

I'm with Jon on this one. Bandaid fixes are just that. Since you have such big power parts (namely your 8374 turbo, 700whp?) why cheap wad the gearbox? Have all the awesome parts you want, they're only as strong or as good as the weakest part. Broken tranny will take you off road for some time. Or you could turn the power down on your 8374 and then have a slightly more expensive yet laggier 7163 turbo.
                        No build thread.
                        1991 nissan
                        El terror

Comment

Working...
                        X