X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB26 Turbo Selection

I am looking at upgrading my turbos.

Not sure to go with gt2860r-7's or gt2860r-9's

I see the -7 are rated for around 500hp and the -9 for around 560hp.

Does anyone have experience with the -9's? and what rpm does boost come on compared to the -7's.

Car will be used mostly for street with a few 1/4 mile drag events throughout the year (don't want a cage so 11.5(s) 1/4mile is adequate).

I will be keeping engine internals stock. Will upgrade oil pump, injectors, fuel pump, possibly cams.

thx

Long time reader, finally decided to make a account and ask something, now I have searched and searched but can't seem to find a definitive answer. Which is the better turbo for response, I know they are similar but is a general preference in which one to run? Both are similar but is there a over...

Here you go...

I personnaly have the -5s, and i LOVE 'em! At wot, they re kinda scary, haha, but thats me
    Last edited by Fred-R; 02-06-2015, 02:14 PM.
    My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

What rpm does full boost come on with the -5's?

Also do you have forged internals, cams?

tx

Comment

yeah, i have a fully built engine. full boost comes around 4200-4300

Comment

I would recommend -5s as well. As long as your motor is healthy with metal head gaskets and drop in cams like Tomei pon cams. It would have some kick ass power with pretty good response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          10 Infiniti FX35
          09 Infiniti G37X coupe
          02 Subaru WRX....sold
          01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
          90-00-08 BNR32
          92 NX2000...sold
          95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

i was once in your shoes a while back... go -5's you'll never go back

fully built w/forged internals
            tomei procams
            water meth
            28psi

28psi hits by 4800rpm on my setup

Comment

T78 single. Twins are a waste of time. I made more power than that at only 17psi and full boost at 5000rpm on a T88H. Use an Ebay special twin scroll and you cant lose. I recently went for a ride in a stockish car with -5s in it and was underwhelmed....granted the tune was most likely very conservative. Big torque can only be achieved with cool intake temps and big ignition timing...you can't do that with little turbos making a lot of heat.

Jon.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                T78 single. Twins are a waste of time. I made more power than that at only 17psi and full boost at 5000rpm on a T88H. Use an Ebay special twin scroll and you cant lose. I recently went for a ride in a stockish car with -5s in it and was underwhelmed....granted the tune was most likely very conservative. Big torque can only be achieved with cool intake temps and big ignition timing...you can't do that with little turbos making a lot of heat.

Jon.
                ^WORD!)

Totally agree but i would rec not going HUGE single, something like GT35 or BW 8875 (S362) or even S360 to get everything connected and going, upgrade to a bigger one after everything is in its place is easy later one!
                TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

it all depends on what your goals are... 600whp and 543lbs/Tq, close enough to my goals...!

Comment

Nice whats your set up and boost levels for 600whp and 543tq?

Originally posted by Fred-R View Post
                    it all depends on what your goals are... 600whp and 543lbs/Tq, close enough to my goals...!

Comment

forged internals, -5s obviously, ID1000cc, uprated everything, type b cams+ported head, full decat exhaust, tomei mani, mines turbo outlets, nismo oil pump, blah blah, goes on and on.... 600whp/543Tq @ 23psi... On mustang!

Comment

So that's 600whp and not 600awhp right?
                        Fully built GT-R

Comment

Working...
                        X