No announcement yet.

gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alot of stuff can play a role in mileage. Tire pressure, properly greased wheel bearings and axles, new fuel filter and plugs seem to help, and apparently if you have black paint you get better mileage aswell

Comment

I had Rb23det, Greddy TD-05 turbo, fmic, 4" exhaust, (catless) at 12 psi.
      Compeltely Filled with SHELL V-power, I would clear 450-525km per tank.
      In town around 375-425km

I don't think anything less then 375km to a tank is reasonable. Either you guys have a crappy tune, your cars needs a lil TLC, or your in boost all the time.
      bscmotorsports.ca
      Arctic Cat Fircat F7 Sno pro

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f*cked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? Whaat the f*ck is so funny bout' me, tell me, tell me whats funny..."

Comment

Yeah nearly stock GTS-4 and I get about 450km to a tank or 350 if I'm kickin it all the time..
        The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

lol weird.

Comment

Well I'm going to put a good tune on my gtr and "i'll post up what kind of mileage I'm getting at 500whp lol! The turbo's are bigger so it should be slightly easier to stay out of boost. Except the first month it's on the road. It won't see less than 10 psi if it's lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by leung_dog View Post
              i use shell so i use 91. is that enough or do u guys think it realli needs 94?
              stop using shell it's garbage use 94 petrocan

Comment

wtf....i get close to 700 if i chase 0. (maybe my tank is much bigger...)

400-500 if i act like i'm a child.

much less if i've got boost fully cranked and my foot to the floor.

If you're getting under 400 change your O2 sensor and check your coolant temp sensor to see if it's working correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkylines View Post
                  stop using shell it's garbage use 94 petrocan
                  shell is goood gas man!
                  i dont put anything else in my car
                  it was all i used after my fuel experiments
                  shell and esso won on all the tests
                  all the 94 made everything very dirty and gave me the same mileage and the butt dyno did not enjoy it

i used 2 tanks of 94 a while ago and it F#$%ed my o2 sensor..

before i used 94 -->350-450km/tank
                  after the 2 tanks of 94===> 250 a tank if im lucky..
                  Skyline hipster owl

Comment

i run chevron 94 but i hear its crap so i'm switching to petrocan and everyone i've ever talked to stays away from shell its crap.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky_cefiro View Post
                      wtf....i get close to 700 if i chase 0. (maybe my tank is much bigger...)

400-500 if i act like i'm a child.

much less if i've got boost fully cranked and my foot to the floor.

If you're getting under 400 change your O2 sensor and check your coolant temp sensor to see if it's working correctly.

Thanks for the tip, anymore suggestions? Cause ****, less thank 300 is blasphemy.

Comment

Honestly everyone thinks some kind of gas is crap. Petrocan has a lot of sulfer in it but still runs awesome. I'd run either petrocan or chevron in my car. Shell I've ran in a few cars and found it ran like crap.

Whatever runs best in your car, run it. I'm sure everyones tune is a little different, anyways...I'd suggest trying petro or chevron 94 and see if it runs well. If it does, keep doing it.

Comment

1990 GTS-T (black paint for added fuel effeciency)
                          3"downpipe 3" decat 3.5" catback
                          12PSI
                          K&N M's pod
                          235 tires with 30psi

I get 400km/tank on average. I usually end up putting in 45L give or take.

That's mostly city driving with about 150 highway KMs per tank

Chevron 94 only. Anything less is for hondas

Comment

Pretty much stock setup, except for Nismo exhaust and Apexi air filter. I get about 400km a tank if I don`t push the car. However, if I do push the car, once in a while, I would probably get somewhere around 300km. So your gas consumption seems to be where it should be. Skyline is addicted to gas like a crack addict to crack

Comment

HKS intake, Apexi exhaust with decat pipe, 12 PSI on MBC, Anton's Rev4 tune, new NGK BCPR6EIX plugs @ .9mm, good coils, timing set to spec, and a new 300ZX TT O2 sensor. Tires are 225/50/16 Fuzions kept at 34PSI. Royal Purple Synthetics everywhere....

Every little bit helps, I think the maintenance and tune of the car is the biggest player in mileage (aside from driving habits of course:drive: )

With this setup I've gotten 580kms on an all hwy trip @ 110-120kmh, gets between 400-500 split city/hwy, depending on how I drive it.
                              A trip to Grand Bend speedway, a few runs down the strip, and home would likely be more like 250

This is with Esso 91 or Sunoco 94.
                              I've been leaning towards the Esso 91 lately, car seems to run better with it, and mileage seems to improve?
                              Also, I'm not hearing any detonation with the 91 over 94 either. I also hear it's better cause Esso uses no ethanol? Not sure as I 'm not good with gas chemistry, I just go by how she runs and performs. :-)

Rick
                              '89 GTST - SOLD
                              '92 GTR
                              '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                              '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

never filled it up weight savings ahaha, but for 20bucks i get 90kms ahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X