No announcement yet.

gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do people think about husky gas, good/bad i've run their premium in mine which is almost stock and it runs awsome
    91 skyline gts-t M - holy WTF back again!

Comment

13 PSI, almost stock except RP FLUIDS in all parts of car.

Before new fuel filter:

400km/TANK

After new fuel filter:

480/TANK

I know.. I was surprised too, so I did it twice, confirmed and very happy here.

I used to run Petro 94, car liked it, but I have been using Petro 91 for 2.5 months and the car doesn't mind it either. Most of my driving is hwy/city mix with lots of hills. (SFU and westwood plateau)

Comment

Last summer I used Sunoco 94 and Shell V-Power 92. Really didn't notice a difference between the two, other than I backfired a little more with the Shell.
        '12 STi Sedan

Comment

i did a little gas experiment a while back

shell FTW :bow down:
          Skyline hipster owl

Comment

I still get like 275km, it got worse after seafoam, I plan to do a complete tune-up pretty soon, cause fawwwk. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by pf0sh0 View Post
              I still get like 275km, it got worse after seafoam, I plan to do a complete tune-up pretty soon, cause fawwwk. lol.
              What have you done to try and improve it? maybe you have a chip with a rich fuel map?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrocker View Post
                shell is goood gas man!
                i dont put anything else in my car
                it was all i used after my fuel experiments
                shell and esso won on all the tests
                all the 94 made everything very dirty and gave me the same mileage and the butt dyno did not enjoy it

i used 2 tanks of 94 a while ago and it F#$%ed my o2 sensor..

before i used 94 -->350-450km/tank
                after the 2 tanks of 94===> 250 a tank if im lucky..
                thats good, shell and esso are the same pretty much, they often buy gas from each other. density kg/l is only .05 different. shell being heavier

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                  What have you done to try and improve it? maybe you have a chip with a rich fuel map?
                  Nothing much yet, moneys at an all time low baha. But I plan on doign simple maintanence. cleaning my maf, oil, tranny oil, coolant. fuel filter, spark plugs, o2 senor, reset my ecu. Any other suggestions would help. Looking for best cost effective way.

And my gts-4 is complete stock dude, so I don't know why it runs such low kms.

Comment

i was getting about 320-350 before a tune, then i got Anton(stinky)'s tune and i get mid 400's now.
                    "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance"

Comment

do all r32's have the same size gas tank ? 50L?

Comment

Gts-t Gts-4 we roll 60L I think GTR is like 75L ?? correct me if I'm wrong homies

Comment

Originally posted by RixR32 View Post
                          Anton's Rev4 tune, new NGK BCPR6EIX plugs @ .9mm, good coils, timing set to spec, and a new 300ZX TT O2 sensor. Tires are 225/50/16 Fuzions kept at 34PSI. Royal Purple Synthetics everywhere....

Every little bit helps, I think the maintenance and tune of the car is the biggest player in mileage (aside from driving habits of course:drive: )
                          I agree with this.

The tune will play a major factor in mileage.

Oil, I have noticed, as a general observation, that the thinner the oil the better the mileage so older oils that are broken down may yield better mileage. In general a good quality 5W30 or 5W20 should yield best mileage.

Ignition, I can vouch for a 3-5MPG increase in mileage depending on components used. (Good condition, higher output, or not)

I'd also like to say that fat tires will kill mileage and so will bad sensors.

Comment

Ill get back to this post when mine is certified and ballin jdm'ness, but my gas mileage was horrible, deffinatly not fuel efficient by any means, possibly betten then my 1994 cadillac sts (about 40$ for 150kms) im guessing about 25$ per 100kms (guesstimating)shifting at 4000 on fun stuff and crusing shifting at 2000. driving my E350 turbo diesel is deffinatly more fuel efficient and thats huge.

I was missfiring and such, who knows if that makes a difference(inquiries)
                            after my FEAST stage 4 ecu flash/255 fuel pump/splitfires/rb26fpr ill get back to you with the numbers of the true fuel economy.

Bottom line, because its only 2.0 and turbo dose not mean its fuel efficient, its worth every dollar tho :-) x1000

Also, in praire town ive concluded on 2 types of fuel to use, either shell v power(91 w/no ethanol) or mohawk (94 octane,ethanol), whats my best bet, i dont want to hurt my soul mate

I hope to some day get the mileage you guys do!
                            You can live in your car, but you cant race your house

Comment

Calgary lacks stations with 94 octane, I just use 711 petro canada fuel 91 octane.

Comment

I was getting 350km per tank....after using sea foam I'm now getting 380km per tank or more depending how I drive and that with 92 octane.
                                Originally Posted by falcon:
                                why do you want to remove your ac? do you like sweaty balls?

and you live in TO too.... have fun in the summer when your sack and back and pits are sweating. I'm sure the GF is going to love it when you show up for a date dripping in your bodily fluids.

Comment

Working...
                                X