No announcement yet.

2.2 Tomei stroker kit Rb20det Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

& also the most of all I wanted to keep the original motor with the car. I assume these engines have a serial number?

Comment

M13, yeah it's not a stroker (cheeky).

From what I understand, the powersteering cooler is there because the hard lines for HICAS to rear wheels + engine bay soft, hardlines are long which can make powersteering fluid temps rise (hydraulic). You can fit a aftermarket powersteering oilcooler (Nismo) with fins on piping if car is used for racetrack.

I think (from memory and could be wrong) the ID for engine is etched on top of side of short block on exhaust side for GTS engine (behind turbo).

Same engine ID should be part of part number on engine ECU casing.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

everything is slowly going together. do i need to get my head gasket bored aswell or any head work due to the over bore pistons?

Comment

wait... You just bought 4-5K in parts to rebuild a motor with a stroker kit... and you're wondering if you'll need a tune?
          1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Sounds like a tranny shredder! Good thing you included the removal of AC components in the list of power mods

Comment

nice build gl with that and keep us updated!
              2001 Lexus ES300 (DD)
              1991 Skyline GTS-T w/ Bee R324 conversion (Projekt)
              1991 Supra Targa Top 5spd (Projekt) SOLD!

Comment

Why? For an extra few dollars why didn't you do a sr20det and rebuild that motor? Its probably even cheaper then an rb20 rebuild you have 8 less valves and 2 less pistons.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch32 View Post
                  Why? For an extra few dollars why didn't you do a sr20det and rebuild that motor? Its probably even cheaper then an rb20 rebuild you have 8 less valves and 2 less pistons.

I wanted to keep the original motor with the car. I have never heard of a sr20 bein swapped into a skyline but anything is possible. RB20 is very light weight compared to rb25 and sr swap is changing basically everything with in the long run would cost way more if including a rebuild. I like the idea of having 6 cylinders instead of 4.

Comment

the rb20 is heavy as hell! It's an iron block. We have an SR20 HCR32 build on this very forum. It's almost done, last time I checked. Gained several hundred horsepower and lost several hundred pounds. You lose the sound of the RB, sure, but you also lose hundreds of pounds off the nose of the car. FRom the sounds of the build thread, it wasn't extremely difficult either.

Comment

i would never waste my money on a build like this, if you can make the 300hp that you want with a stock rebuilt engine i would do it. stroking and running a pretty much forged bottom end is just pointless, just trying to save you some cash.

Comment

Okay since im going overbore should i source a diffrent headgasket or a stock bore hg work? I have heard horror stories about hg hanging out inside.

Comment

Originally posted by love_boost View Post
                          i would never waste my money on a build like this, if you can make the 300hp that you want with a stock rebuilt engine i would do it. stroking and running a pretty much forged bottom end is just pointless, just trying to save you some cash.

Reliability is Ausome!.!

Comment

correct, hg hanging out inside is very bad. Go with a overbore HG.
                            Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

Does anyone think a rb25det hg will do the trick. i know the heads are simular but the bores may be slightly dif?

Comment

Just buy a Tomei 82mm hg....wtf you buy all these parts and dont read the part on there web site about the HG?

Comment

Working...
                                X