2.2 Tomei stroker kit Rb20det Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.2 Tomei stroker kit Rb20det Rebuild

Hey i just spent about 4-5k all on new parts for my rb20det basically doin a complete rebuild.

How much hp will i acheive with this set up and will i need a tune?

2.2 tomei stroker kit:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

brand new oem r34 gtt turbo ( going to run at 13-14psi):biggrin::biggrin:

444cc injectors

upgraded fuel pump

intake

ac completly removed( pump, hoses, rad,)

Fan removed and replaced with electric one

Thanks,

At 13.5psi, should be able to get 320hp at engine with ECU tune (Nistune for stock ECU that modernises stock ECU, so can be reflashed like new car ECU's can), Z32 MAF + Z32 MAF plug / tail.

Be careful with stroker kit, as can make block weaker when it's bored that far and can crack. At least get engine builder to fit sleeves (I noticed can fit thin sleeves to RB block that are hardly noticeable) to add some strength to block. HKS used to fit sleeves with their RB24 (using similar size pistons), etc stroker kits.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post

Be careful with stroker kit, as can make block weaker when it's bored that far and can crack. At least get engine builder to fit sleeves (I noticed can fit thin sleeves to RB block that are hardly noticeable) to add some strength to block. HKS used to fit sleeves with their RB24 (using similar size pistons), etc stroker kits.
      I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the stroker kit does not touch the bore but rather the stroke

Where did you source this stroker kit from?

Comment

2.2 litre = Tomei Pistons, stock conrods.

2.4 litre = Tomei Pistons, GTR conrods, GTR crank (have to knotch bottom of cylinders, so conrods clear).

Stock bore is 78mm, Tomei Piston is roughly 82mm + additional room for expansion of piston when hot, etc.

There is stock pistons from another engine (4AGZE?? pistons) that can be used for RB24 conversion.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

So it would roughly put 300hp to the wheels. And my ecu is stock so what exactly is nistune? is it a dyno company or.? Im located in alberta i belive there is only a few dynos around here.

Comment

320hp at engine is roughly 190rwkw or 255rwhp. Also need FMIC, BOV if you don't have them. With intake, exhaust from dumppipe, FMIC, BOV, should produce 13.5psi without boost controller.

With dumppipe, boostcontroller, 1bar / 14.5psi, 330hp+ at engine is possible.

Nistune is a product that converts stock ECU, so it can be retuned via Consult diagnostic plug (under drivers side of dash), Consult diagnostic cable, laptop with tuning software.

More info about Nistune -

RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

am I missing something?

4-5k later you are running semi forged internals that is 2.4L and pushing a GTT turbo?

Why not just get a rb25..............
              Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

am I missing something?

4-5k later you are running semi forged internals that is 2.4L and pushing a GTT turbo?

That was the cost for my rebuild. If i put in a rb25 it would still be old and such and such. i had an rb20 to work with so i basically restored it with some mods. the plan is to not pull out the wrenches for a long time. also what is fmic

thanks skym you are a great help!

Comment

fmic = Front Mount Inter Cooler
                  '91 skyline gtst

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the stroker kit does not touch the bore but rather the stroke

Where did you source this stroker kit from?
                    HAHAHA I think you are pretty safe on that limb
                    -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

Originally posted by 1991HCR32 View Post
                      am I missing something?

That was the cost for my rebuild. If i put in a rb25 it would still be old and such and such. i had an rb20 to work with so i basically restored it with some mods. the plan is to not pull out the wrenches for a long time. also what is fmic

thanks skym you are a great help!
                      4-5K is enough to rebuild the RB25 + a new GTT turbo.
                      RB25 has better head flow, better tranny, more displacement.
                      but i guess it's each and their own

Comment

quick question. can these two hoses be rerouted to each other. they are connected anyway they just go to the front for some reason. cooling maybe?

and the front veiw

Comment

4-5K is enough to rebuild the RB25 + a new GTT turbo.
                          RB25 has better head flow, better tranny, more displacement.
                          but i guess it's each and their own

.................................................. .................................................. ...................

then i would have to buy the rb25/tranny/wiring harrness and then a rebuild. looking at prolly 8k when everything is said and done.

Comment

to the pic you posted:

It is for the power steering cooler. If you want to remove your hicas, you can just take everything out.

RB25 swap is only 2500, rebuild parts (assuming oem stuff - $1000), GTT turbo ($1000), $500-$1000 for misc stuff..

That is of cause assuming you already have all the bolt on stuff like FMIC, upgraded injectors, intake, exhaust..etc.

I am not here to convince you, it is just more wise to go rb25 for the extra bit more imo.

Comment

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
                              to the pic you posted:

It is for the power steering cooler. If you want to remove your hicas, you can just take everything out.

RB25 swap is only 2500, rebuild parts (assuming oem stuff - $1000), GTT turbo ($1000), $500-$1000 for misc stuff..

That is of cause assuming you already have all the bolt on stuff like FMIC, upgraded injectors, intake, exhaust..etc.

I am not here to convince you, it is just more wise to go rb25 for the extra bit more imo.
                              Sorry man but I totally agree with C-Unit. My last RB20 was 324 rwhp and I did it cheaper than that without a stroker kit. And before anyone says anything no it did not pop.
                              The rb25 comes with that extra displacement without sacrificing any of the block. Any time you put a stroker kit into almost any engine you might as well throw reliability out.
                              Regardless, good on you for going where most don't and good luck.
                              -Josh

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
                              1990 Skyline GTS-R

Comment

Working...
                              X