Gts upgrade list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gts upgrade list?

I've used the search button and searched the old fashion way, but i can't seem to be able to find a list of upgrades and they're ( I believe) approximate cost for the GTS. I found one in the general FAQ section, only it was for GTR's, can the same list be used for GTS's?

If not, anyone have aprox prices for minor upgrades?

If it helps, I would be aiming for around 300-350 HP.
    Drives
    02 Sentra Se-R Spec V
    --I'm not a ricer, i know and respect that my car is not epic and etc, i know many can hand my cars @$$ to me, lol--

350HP will be expensive, theres no way around it. 300hp would be a little more achieveable because it can be done easier with stock manifolds because thats where the price really starts to add up.

Intake - $150
    Exhaust - $600-$1000
    Boost controller - $50 - $500
    Injectors - $400
    Turbo - $1500 - $2000
    Tune - $$$$

These are rough numbers that I found with a little research, by no means will it be exactly this.
    Jesse
    1990 HCR32
    2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

for safety sake it might be worth it to toss on a metal headgasket and some set of upgraded headstuds.. and since you have the head off get it cleaned up and ported slightly... the tune is super crazy important tho. Also a boost gauge would be something worth getting as well.. but a lot of skylines came with these anyways
      ----------------------------------------------
      widebody rb25 r32
      Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
      We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
      ----------------------------------------------
      friends of:
      genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
      Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

intake: $50.

exhaust: $600-700 (get a decent downpipe that wont crack. ebay testpipe and catback)

intercooler: $200-600

boost controller: $50-350

nistune: $???

done. quit while you're ahead. :P

Comment

Well I'm planning on getting one in a few years, so i'd have time to save up and figure it all out, I'm asking the approximate prices to see what one (between GTR and GTS-4) would be better/efficient for what I want out of it, lol.
          Drives
          02 Sentra Se-R Spec V
          --I'm not a ricer, i know and respect that my car is not epic and etc, i know many can hand my cars @$$ to me, lol--

Comment

Basic boost up menu for stock RB20DET turbo, 330hp at engine at 1bar / 14.5psi (high boost setting) -

FMIC (HDI or similar size tube N fin intercooler)

3" dump / front pipe, high flow cat, catback exhaust. (X Force, bolts on)

550cc injectors (Deatchwerks injectors)

255lph fuelpump (Bosch intank 040 300lph, Nismo 255lph fuelpump kit, Walbro 255lph). You'll need new seal for fuelpump housing, etc from Nissan, if you don't buy Nismo fuelpump that is shipped with new seals, etc.

Z32 MAF + Z32 MAF plug / tail (needs to be wired into MAF loom)

NGK PFR6A or PFR7A sparkplugs, depending on how lean engine is going to run or hp level your going to run every day with 0.8mm gap. (or similar copper sparkplugs). Let ECU tuner work this one out.

Boost controller (dual solenoid Bitz or HKS boost controller)

1.2mm, 80.5 bore Tomei metal headgasket, ARP headstuds

Nismo single plate clutch with light weight flywheel or upgraded disc, pressure plate with stock flywheel.

Nistune modified stock ECU

Then need brake pads, brake fluid, braided lines, brake stopper (minimum, front brake pad upgrade, brake fluid upgrade, which is at least Super DOT 4 with 600+ boiling point), suspension, rims / tyres to match the hp engine is going to produce.

Then can add Tomei Poncams, 18rwkw (24hp) at same boost level or get factory cams reground to Poncam specs, which cost's around half the cost of new cams with new Tomei valve springs to match, as factory valve springs probably have done high km and need to be replaced. Best to do valvesprings at same time as metal headgasket and can change cams later on.

With cams, should produce around 354hp at engine at 1bar (high boost setting) or above 300hp at engine for everyday use on low boost setting.

Also rubber intake pipe infront of turbo might collapse at 1bar, so might need to replace with metal intake pipe.

Above is if engine is in good condition (do a dry, wet compression test before doing any mods) and running good gas. Octane of gas, ECU tune to match plays a role in above hp figures, so could be less or more.

With GTR, more like 430ps at engine with stock cams (similar basic boost up menu, except has upgraded sump baffles, etc), stock turbo's or more hp with cams. But similar boosted up R32 GTS-T is lighter, so can give a 200kg or so heavier GTR good competition for less $$ spent. Look at R32 GTS-T in Targa Tasmania if you don't believe me, where a stockish boosted up R32 GTS-T can out pace a stockish R35GTR, R32GTR. R32 GTS-T is similar to a EVO in terms of times in Targa.
            Last edited by Skym; 10-13-2010, 10:21 AM.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Lol, after that post, I do believe I have some research to do.

Thank you for all the info.

The only thing I couldn't figure out/find information on is the "1 bar" thing in regards to the boost, a little help? ( sorry if its newb question, I'm trying to learn :P )
              Last edited by E-xo; 09-27-2010, 11:49 AM.
              Drives
              02 Sentra Se-R Spec V

Comment

1 bar is basically 'around' 14 psi. Stock rb20's run 10psi. I believe 1 bar (aka 14psi) is the max that you will want to run on the stock rb20 turbo. Please feel free to add/correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
                  intake: $50.

exhaust: $600-700 (get a decent downpipe that wont crack. ebay testpipe and catback)

intercooler: $200-600

boost controller: $50-350

nistune: $???

done. quit while you're ahead. :P
                  where's all the supporting mods?

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                    where's all the supporting mods?
                    Hey i don't plan anything car related, I just randomly buy stuff that I think is neat or will make the car better

It's a terrible way to do things, no one do it.

Comment

Forgot cooling mods like HKS or Trust engine oil cooler, Nismo low temp thermostat, radiator. If for racetrack, N1 waterpump. If used for road (stop, start traffic), stock waterpump (might use stock thermostat, depending on how high coolant temps are when engine is pushed to the limits. If too high, Nismo thermostat). And BOV, recommend piston type Synapse BOV (Synapse have a new style BOV that was released not too long ago) -

Last edited by Skym; 09-28-2010, 01:25 PM.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

I doubt I'd ever use it on a track, mostly highway ( to and from work, lol) a bit of city driving for the nights out with the guys . Although during rush hour, it will be very painful stop and go ... anyways, back onto topic, i'd just like to thank everyone with the info/help.
                        Drives
                        02 Sentra Se-R Spec V

Comment

Was wondering how hard those figures would be (350 hp mark) to get out of my rb25det?
                          i know the basics are a must because i would prefer overbuilding it then under (such as fuel delivery and induction with tuning), my question is will the stock internals handle that much power safely?
                          are forged internals to much or can i stick mostly with bolt ons...
                          thanks
                          Note: Turbos make torque and torque makes fun

Comment

360hp at engine is easy on RB25DET with stock turbo and can be run as a low boost setting -

Link G4 ECU + IAT sensor + boost control solenoid
                            255lph fuelpump
                            BOV
                            FMIC
                            Full 3" exhaust from turbo
                            Clutch

Injectors are an option, but worth upgrading them to 550cc with 255lph fuelpump.

Average for that setup on RB25DET is 220rwkw / 295rwhp or roughly 360hp at engine. I think was running around 12-13psi.
                            Last edited by Skym; 10-13-2010, 10:30 AM.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

wow, i didnt realise it would be that easy to have those kinds of figures... now does it have to be a ling G4 ecu, would it still be as easy using a powerFC...ive been looking and reading on them and they seem simple enough for me to learn on. How about going to a map setup? I was already planing on larger injectors and pump, Fmic, full exhaust, BOV, (as you have mentioned) but would going to map setup with a thicker head gasket and running a EBC (lets say HKS) with a 14-15 psi tune do me any better or am i just looking for problems? i will also be upgrading the oil pump and arp studs everywhere possible
                              also, front facing intake any better?
                              sorry for all the questions, i would just like to be sure its well capable of this power and still be reliable, thanks
                              Note: Turbos make torque and torque makes fun

Comment

Working...
                              X