No announcement yet.

Gts upgrade list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even +T (adding turbo to non turbo engine) on NA RB25DE can produce 295rwhp.

Link G4 ECU uses a MAP sensor on intake manifold (instructions are provided on how to install). Also Link G4 ECU has onboard barometric compensation (compensates for changes in altitude). Some ECU's need additional sensors to do this or don't have it.

Stock intake plenum can be used up to 300rwkw+ / 402rwhp+ without problems. Over 500hp at engine I would look at front facing intake plenum, or if you want more mid to high hp (shorter intake runners = more mid to high).

If want to run more than 12-13psi (reliable psi for stock turbo), I would suggest bolting on a GT3076R turbo, (hardpipe intake before turbo, matching exhaust / dumppipe, oil, coolant feeds) to stock exhaust manifold, as can extract 402rwhp at somewhere around 17psi with that setup. High exhaust temps (glue holding ceramic exhaust wheel onto shaft fails), launch control are a few area's that can can cause ceramic exhaust wheel failure on stock turbo.

On stock RB25DET bottomend (even with metal headgasket), best to keep to under 20psi with say a GT3076R turbo or similar, if you are going to thrash car on racetrack, drag strip, etc. Anything above 20psi and your risking blowing ringlands on stock pistons (higher compression doesn't help on RB25DET).
    Last edited by Skym; 11-10-2010, 07:53 AM.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

just a question here , i have a rb20 , gtr injectors , fpr , full exhaust , 3inch fmic , r34 neo turbo , shotgun header , a few other little things , just asking for a estimate on hp i would get out of that with a full tune ??
      im looking into adding an intake manifold maybe cams and a metal headgasket.. is that all needed to unlock some decent hp or should i be good with what i have???

Comment

rb25 steel wheel turbo 500$
        turbosmart manual boost controler 100$
        meth injection kit aem with 5 gal res 700$
        aem air fuel ratio guage and wideband senser 300$
        turn up boost and add fuel with meth kit and run 300rwhp all day as long as you have front mount intercooler with out touching your engine or manifolds
        all you need is access to a dyno and a great tuner.... we have done this before with the exact horsepower your looking for call up marko at forcefed racing.
        285whp with his ceramic turbo rb25 turbo will get you the boost you need safely with out blowing up.
        1990 GTS-4 soon to have rb25det
        239hp@14 psi stock turbo
        Drift or die tryin...8)

WTB *AWD* RB25DE BLOCK ONLY PM

Comment

Also to add to the above, I would suggest you look at this thread, as it gives you an idea of what mods (stock RB25 turbo, etc) produce what rwhp / rwkw on RB20DET -

rwkw x 1.341 = rwhp (UK rwhp, not US rwhp).

Intake temps, fuel type, etc play a role in how much can be extracted with ECU tune (usually big hp number on dyno only). The examples I mentioned are from real life cars / engines. ECU tune on RB20DET can be from 15hp (mild tune) to 30hp (aggressive tune) on pump gas.

With E85 fuel, stock internals, 60hp+ can be extracted above aggressive tune pump gas figures with ECU tune.
          Last edited by Skym; 11-10-2010, 08:14 AM.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

So your saying that my Rb25det with

Rb25 Neo Turbo
            FMIC
            Blitz BOV
            SPlitfire Coilpacks
            Forward facing Intake
            FUll 3 inch exhaust

Is capable of 360 HP after i get my Z32 Maf, Injectors installed and a tune?

OR can i expect to get more than 360 hp?

I run about 15 psi and i have a power fc
            sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
            ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Yes, if have fuelpump.clutch, BOV as well. Around 295rwhp has been done with PowerFC, RB25DE+T. With front facing intake plenum, should get mid to high hp increase (shorter intake runners).
              Last edited by Skym; 11-11-2010, 05:57 AM.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Why do you say rb25det like. Rb25de +T. It's not like I added my turbo on after
                sigpic

Comment

Was saying, have seen the same rwhp and that was done with RB25DE+T, PowerFC, etc. It should be the around the same rwhp with your car (might be more). Every engine is different and reacts to tune differently (even airleaks affect tune), so it's only a rough guess at best.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Well that works for me

I was just looking for a rough estimate anyway. I will try and get my car dyno'd next year after i get a tune and such and then i can actually know what kind of numbers i put down and let other people know
                    sigpic

Comment

got a small question about the stock fuel rail, worth upgrading the whole system? been looking around at prices and wondering....if i got a bosch 040 pump, (sard or nismo) side feed 550cc injectors with nismo FPR , would that be enough for the 400 - 500hp range? are there any benefits of going with top feed injectors and new fuel rail ? i cant decide because i want to buy once and not keep having to change everytime my power goals do lol
                      Note: Turbos make torque and torque makes fun

Comment

Most buy dual entry fuelrail (Sard for example) when running huge 1000cc injectors or basically anything above what a single fuelpump can handle in terms of injectors. You could run a duel entry Sard fuelrail (setup to run as single feed fuelrail with FPR, damper FPR (upgraded external mounted FPR's).

I think top feed cools injector better. Also, from what I understand, GTR injectors are low independance because they react quicker (matched to engine that reacts quicker).

I would fit surge tank, swirl pot, collector tank or whatever you want to call it in the trunk with stock fuelpump or similar as lift pump to tank and pump from tank to fuelrail to draw fuel from tank. This helps prevent fuel starvation when fueltank is low and cornering hard with high G (fuel moves away from pickup).

Sard sells these collector tanks (this is duel internal fuelpump version to duel fuelrail) -

RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

They do sell a single fuelpump version.
                        Last edited by Skym; 11-15-2010, 05:49 AM.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                        X