carbon fibre body kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbon fibre body kits

So as much as I love the nice look of a body kit - does anyone else find it a pain to deal with when it comes to being on your daily driver? Getting in and out of drive ways, towing, speed bumps etc? (I actually don't mind slowing down for train tracks, I just can't stand places I cant get in/out without crunching the kit - hate even more the places I can get in - but not out!)

I'm thinking of winter driving my GTST next season so I would need to take the body off at that point but I just thought I'd hear from the community, get some ideas rolling.
    93 R33 GTST - DD
    97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
    2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Wat..

Comment

I wouldn't recommend driving on winter time with your CF body kits..

Comment

Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
        Wat..
        Um yes, what?? Lol
        Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
        www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
        Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
        Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

dude no one knows what your trying to say or if your even asking a question....
          1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Haha wow, should have read that over before posting.

I was thinking about removing the kit completely - but I didn't know with what. I will have to take it off if I winter drive it, but I didn't know if it was worth buying something just for the winter, or if I should get something that I can keep on all year round.

Like I rambled in my first post, I do like the look of it but with this being my daily driver, I didn't know which way to go. It already needs between $500-800 worth of work on the front lip from one season.

I wanted to get some feedback on my next move, repair the front lip and buy a winter kit of some sort or just replace it with something that I can use year round?

I realize some one this is personal preference but this is my first CF body kit, just looking for feedback.
            93 R33 GTST - DD
            97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
            2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

just get some shitty used oem that you dont care about for the winter.
              - Adam

:
              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

^agreed
                1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

even better idea, take all that money you were gonna use to get a winter body kit and buy a beater for 2 grand. and then you won't have to worry about wrecking any part of your beauty!
                  Originally posted by Paradis
                  ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Yes, that ^
                    Or just remove the lip for the winter? Clearance must be terrible anyways, you'll gain an easy 3"

Comment

And what do you mean cf body kit? I keep thinking cf quarters/bumper/side skirts etc..

Comment

winter beater ftw.

Comment

To clarify, lip, skirt and rear. Everything I have came with it.

Beater was my original plan, but don't have the space/after parking it for the winter, I don't want to park it again.

Ill start looking around for a kit that I can throw on for the winter, is there anything that I should look for specifically? Right now I'd just be looking for something shorter in height. Is that the best approach?
                          93 R33 GTST - DD
                          97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                          2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

just put a lift kit on it with some 33" mudders!
                            - Adam

:
                            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Might be the first....
                              93 R33 GTST - DD
                              97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                              2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X