Clear All

• Rb25 s1 tune

1994 gts25t.

FMIC
    Walbro 255lph
    Sard fpr currently at 45psi
    .8 bar boost
    Wideband/test pipe full 3" exhaust

Car is a DD and am not looking for big power but I do want to tune it for our fuel over here and just basically give it a nice tune. Cars pretty much done for now so it's time to tune. Been looking at different options. Since I'm not going for anything crazy I don't want to spend 1000+ on a stand alone and have been told piggy back is not the way to go at all. So I'm wondering between the rb20 and z32 ecu with nistune. Which route would be best? I'm assuming z32 because I'll still have the vvt? But then I need to also get the z32 MAF? Anyways just wondering if someone with experience could give me some insight on this to help me figure out my best route. As far as I know the rb25 ecu can not be tuned?
    1989 GTR - summer toy
    2011 Ram - winter beater

Power fc man. Go big or go home. It's plugs in factory harness mods. You can drive around with stick tune till next pay check then tune it.

Comment

The power fc is not compatible it's te vvt. There are 3 settings for the valves: low, mid, and high (bottom end to top end)
      Due to this, my valves are permanently set on high for best top end flow. Not te greatest for low end power. It's a d jetro, so map se does and no MAF. They don't make a d jetro for the rb25, if your seeking MAP then the ecu needs to be repinned. There's no real cheap option for a standalone. Maybe nistune is what you need. That being said I have no experience with it and do not know how it works for a s1 rb25
      R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
      Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

I have no personal experience with PowerFC's but like 95% of the S1 rb25det tunes Aussies use are PFC's.

Comment

Originally posted by cooke24 View Post
          Power fc man. Go big or go home. It's plugs in factory harness mods. You can drive around with stick tune till next pay check then tune it.
          I'm already home lol and the banks screaming for me not to go big. We will see maybe I will just hold off and get the stand alone in the summer. Just feel like I would be getting more out of my car if it had a good tune
          1989 GTR - summer toy
          2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

You can use a early 300zx z32 ecu 1990-1993.

it will support vvt, plugs right in and is chipable.

Comment

Good info ^
              With stock turbo and a few upgrades the power fc might be overkill
              A chipped ecu is probably your best bet
              Last edited by r33_gtst; 03-23-2012, 08:40 PM.
              R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
              Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

Also Z32 MAF + Z32 MAF plug.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuning View Post
                  You can use a early 300zx z32 ecu 1990-1993.

it will support vvt, plugs right in and is chipable.
                  Yeah this is what I'm looking to do, it's cheaper and since I'm not far from stock I don't need a $2000 stand alone. And I thought several pins needed switched around?

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                  Also Z32 MAF + Z32 MAF plug.
                  So if I go with the z32 ecu as mentioned aove I'll also need the z32 MAF and plug and then I can get nistune installed and then get it tuned and have everything functioning properly?
                  Last edited by evolution23; 03-23-2012, 09:42 PM.
                  1989 GTR - summer toy
                  2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

Every once in awhile a power fc for rb25 pops up for sale on northwest Nissan and skylines austrailia for about $1000. Then If you choose to do more power you can. But I'm in the same situation, should I dump money into it and keep it or do what unusually do and sell. First world problems

Comment

nistune? you can get it for the rb25 ecu, then it can use stock maf

Comment

Originally posted by whiteboy87 View Post
                        nistune? you can get it for the rb25 ecu, then it can use stock maf
                        I'm pretty sure there is no nistune for the rb25 ecu
                        1989 GTR - summer toy
                        2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

the answer to everyones tuning .... vipec ... cuz eventualy your gunna need it anyway nistune and pfc are very basic ...theyll run your motors for shure but theyll just end up geting replaced eventualy
                          TO GRIP OR NOT TO GRIP.... THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

Originally posted by 92GTSTproject View Post
                            the answer to everyones tuning .... vipec ... cuz eventualy your gunna need it anyway nistune and pfc are very basic ...theyll run your motors for shure but theyll just end up geting replaced eventualy
                            cars pretty much done. not looking for 500+ whp or anything close to that. cars got plenty of power just want the tune a little better so i wont be getting anything along those lines. z32 ecu/maf + nistune will be more than enough
                            1989 GTR - summer toy
                            2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

there is nistune for rb25 ecu. ive already talked to autodream about running it in my set up.

Comment

Working...
                              X