the cars fighing me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the cars fighing me....

Hey everyone im in the middle of changing my water pump and to get to it i have to take the timing belt off and i cant seem to get the crank pulley off, tried using a crank puller, 2 guys pulling on it and other things. The car sat for a year and a half too. It still wont come off anything you would recommend would be great, thanks
    Last edited by Modb; 06-11-2012, 05:08 PM.
    Started rebuilding my skyline when i was 18
    1992 GTST RB25DET
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
    Originally posted by Bravo
    PS My wife just told me I was shitting in your Cheerios!
    I'm sorry,
    Good luck!

Getting that pulley off is always a good time. Assuming you have the nut off I would lace it with penetrating fluid while tapping lightly with a rubber mallet and let it sit for a bit. Also make sure you pull straight out and not twisting as you don't want to wreck the key. Good luck

Comment

It shouldnt be that hard. Leave the bolt on the last few threads. Use that for the puller to push on and use a breaker bar if you have to.
      Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

ya you have to leave the bolt in. theres even a little groove on the bolt head for the puller to sit in
        - Adam

:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

I always have used spray lube and two pry bars. Normally u can just wiggle it out with no damage. It's never taken me longer than 15 minutes to get the pulley off. That way I never have to pull the rad for clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
          -Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
          X