internals which ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internals which ones?

well im building a nice powerful daily rb20 with a nice power goal in site. last motor i built was a b16a turbo motor for my civic sir and i used kings bearings in it. any one used them on rbs? or have any other internal parts brands they like ? thanks!

Can buy a forged RB20 bottomend kit here -

With ACL bearings, headgasket, etc -

I would change headgasket in that kit.

Factory upgraded bearings are coated to withstand more heat and can get ACL bearings in above kit coated here -

Calico's PECVD, DLC, PVD, TiN, ceramic, Teflon, and thermal coatings reduce friction, wear, and heat. Calico also offers non-stick dry film lubricants, break-in lubricants, and more to extend the life of moving parts.

You can get away with Forged ACL or CP pistons, stock forged I beam conrods with over 400whp.

That's what this RB20DET powered racecar engine has (ACL pistons, stock forged I beam conrods, new stock conrod bolts, stock crank, upgraded valve springs and probably a metal headgasket, Accusump, etc). Specs are listed in comments and on his website -

This was originally an R32 GTS-t type M. Now built as a race car with the original RB20DET engine with minor mods pulling a conservative 22bls boost with 413...

On dyno -

skyline, gts, rb20, race car, dyno, wellington, lower hutt, new zealand, link g4, link, g4, link ecu, roll cage, leith, Jepsen, GT1, GT2, SS200

Also ACL make a metal headgasket. Tomei, ACL are the metal headgasket's to use.

If going for higher boost levels, look at replacing stock intake gaskets with custom made copper or similar gaskets. You could fit O rings if want a stronger seal.

If want 1mm oversized valves, valvesprings, valveguides (to suit oversized valves), etc, can buy them from Supertech -

Upgrade your engine with Supertech Racing Engine Valves. Designed for superior durability and high performance, these valves are perfect for racing and high-performance applications. Enhance your engine's power, efficiency, and reliability with Supertech's precision-engineered racing valves.

Tomei sell cams, valvesprings, valve guides (for stock valves), metal headgasket and Tomei RB20DET crate engines in 2.2 litre or 2.4litre.

If stroking the engine with Tomei pistons, would advise to fit some sleeves, as used on HKS stroker kit for RB20DET (don't think they sell it anymore). It's best to leave it stock bore or 1x over size with forged pistons for maximum strength with block.
    Last edited by Skym; 08-28-2012, 05:57 PM.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Wow awesome response very helpful thank you !

Comment

You're welcome.

Also you'll need a aftermarket crank collar (can buy from Spool, as mentioned above, JUN in Japan, etc) to be fitted to stock crank, as stock oilpump drive is too short (I assume a design fault). The stock oilpump drive is machined off and the new collar is heated, pressed on, cooled and grub screws are fitted to collar to stop it from moving. This is done when engine is apart.

If go with N1 oilpump, buy the stronger, better designed Reimax gears and keep stock revlimiters. If going outside revlimiters, look at the more expensive tuner oilpumps. Also you probably would need oilrestrictors, as RB engines move alot of oil to head under constant high rpm.

Have a browse through the Tomei catalogue, as most of the known problems with RB engines are mentioned there -

1968年にチューナーで日産ワークスドライバーでもあった鈴木誠一が城北ライダースの仲間とともに「東名自動車」を設立し、2018年で創業50年を迎えます。そう、東名は「車好き」「チューニング好き」が集まって設立された会社です。
        Last edited by Skym; 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Alright sounds good I'll look into that for sure! Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X