top speed limiter removal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top speed limiter removal???

there are a few threads floating around here, but looking for a "new" definitive answer.

so on my old rb20det(ive since upgraded to a rb25det). i ran my nistune on my s13. and it was great, no complaints. EXCEPT!!! i would reach a top speed of 118-120mph then i would hit a fuel or speed cut(not sure which one). but iirc i would set the limits to 8-9k on both limiters.

still i would hit a cut at 118-120mph. these are the stock single ka parameters. i had my harness professionally merged (the rb+ka harness). so this isn't a hack job. is there a way to use nistune or anything else to eliminate the top speed limiter completly?? or do i need to get a sld??

and doing that, how would it work??

should i snip that 50-something wire to the ecu??

There's more than one speed limiter with stock ECU. Not 100% sure, but I think one is a cut out and other a cut in for fuel for R32 RB20DET ECU. You need to adjust both to over 500km/h to completely remove speed limiters.

Rev limiters you don't remove from factory settings, as is usually where the limit's of stock valve springs are when new (past the factory rev limiters is where valve bounce happens). When valve springs age that rev limit drops 500-1000rpm or more, depending on age, where they would cause valve bounce. On a older engine you tend to stick to 6000rpm for peak power to make sure valve bounce won't occur, less stress on bottomend bearings, etc and use boost level to make up for lack of revs.
    Last edited by Skym; 02-09-2013, 07:30 PM.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Apexi Rev speed meter

Comment

pin 53 is the speed sensor or what ever its called,not that we should be doing 120mph on public roads anyway
        TO GRIP OR NOT TO GRIP.... THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

^^ will this effect anything else function wise??

Comment

not that ive noticed
            TO GRIP OR NOT TO GRIP.... THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

Pin 53 will only get you to 240kmh then the second one kick in

Sent from Mars.
              DRIVE FOR THE LOVE
              1995 NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R R33 V-SPEC GOHAN

Comment

what is 240kmh in terms of mph?? and does pin 53 effect the speedo reading??

Comment

Pin 53 will not affect your speedo we cut it on my buddies r33 gts. If you wanna be safe just put a female and male connector on the ends of the wire so you can reconnect it if you want. And 240 kmh is 150 mph

Sent from Mars.
                  DRIVE FOR THE LOVE

Comment

I would google if it is pin 53 tho. I dunno if its the same on a rb20 ecu.

Sent from Mars.
                    DRIVE FOR THE LOVE

Comment

I have the greddy speed cut eliminator, it worked well.. there was a reason to not just cut the pin 53..

Comment

Working...
                      X