No announcement yet.

Blew my turbo, options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would plastiguage to make sure...if you put it back together and the noise is still there it definitly wasnt the bottom end. If it was though the sound would have been a dull thud as opposed to a higher pitch clack. Stock bearings are best, they tend to be softer than a race oriented bearing and will let trash imbed into the bearing and save the journal instead of grinding it in and scoring it all up. Thats if you have a filter failure or pump failure.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I'm going to order ACL bearings. Should I order the std size?

Comment

Look at the brgs you have, they should have STD on them somewhere. If they were already larger they would have +1mm or somethin like that stamped on them. Chances are they are standard.

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

What oil should I run?

Comment

The bearings the factory fitted should be mentioned on front of crank (etched?? into crank). Look at engine manual, as it shows the location of this info.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Bearings finally arrived today and they are now in the car, however I have no idea what to torque the con rod nuts to? I tried looking in the FSM but it is very confusing. Also I do not own an angle wrench, I just have a regular ass torque wrench?

I actually tightened them to 37 ft lbs but realized that was wrong so backed them off, I hope that won't do any damage that I put them that tight right off the hop? They were only that tight for about 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
              X