Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apexi PowerFC on **** 95RON/91AKI gas. Timing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apexi PowerFC on **** 95RON/91AKI gas. Timing.

So my MAF sensor is ******, i believe, and i'm getting a Z32 sensor to replace it. I have a power fc and i'm wondering how much timing i should pull with the terrible gas we have here in the southwest US.

If anyone is wondering about my MAF issue car occasionally wont rev above 2800-3000rpm or so, if it does it will work for a while and cut power and usually then stall out or it will work up until 3000rpm again. It used to do it rarely now it does it constantly and is only getting worse.

I want to be able to just install this powerfc and put the MAF in and test it but Iw ant to make sure i'm not super lean while doing it.

IDK how you measure octane in canada if it's RON or AKI.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Kanaric; 08-08-2014, 11:42 PM.

I assume you have a wide band.
    You should be able to see any abnormalities with the MAF on your PFC display.
    In the east coast we're limited to 91 octane and many places west of us have up to 93. We generally use the R+M/2 means of rating octane.
    I keep cans of 100 VP race fuel for added safety on track days.
    Last edited by bobbo; 08-09-2014, 12:01 AM.

Comment

We use PON (pump octane number) just like you...but, it would help to know what your MON # is because that is the most determining # to dictate how agressive you can be. The RON # is really useless actually...cant understand why Australia insists on using it.

I know how bad it can be down there..I nearly shat a brick when I saw a pump with 86 octane on it....yikes.

Jon.
      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
      X