R34 GTT Auto Code 13 ( shift control unit) I am all out of ideas, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R34 GTT Auto Code 13 ( shift control unit) I am all out of ideas, need help

On my prevoius I said that my car went on limp mode due to the fault code 13 which is shift control unit ( only for AT) after I installed EBC

I have done a lot of reading about this and I have check any other possible causes, engine coolant sensor, throttle control sensor, maf sensor, all fuses, and resetting the ECU but did not resolve the issue, ABS/TCS/Slip lamp still remained on and I cant get pass 3rd gear and 2500 RPM, also I will try replacing all hoses to make sure that there is no leaking anywhere what so ever as that all i know other than doing a full test which I am not capable of performing such test.

I am all out of ideas and I am not ready to spend money to have the car fully inspected and diagnose and I do not want to be told by the mechanic of what I already know and pay them for telling. Any ideas of what can possible cause this? area where I can check my self and not too difficult

Should be worth it to have someone look into the problem (gear lever,gearbox,shift control unit circuit) and have it fix, or just do a manual conversion. Please don't give a 1 sided answer, really do want to hear you guys opinion and if the only answer is the manual conversion I would like some help collecting parts and at reasonable price ( Local preferred)

link to what parts I be needing http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/1...ing-r33-parts/

thanks

The car is in limp mode, You need to see if you had cut any wires during the install or you might have shorted the ecu ?

take the ECU out and see if its burn... this will tell it if she is shorted.

good luck, take pics of the ecu once opened

Comment

we did not wire the controller on the ecu, we wired it on the Lighter. tho it is possible that I did shorted out the ECU or the shift control unit, but I did check the fuse for the ECU it perfectly fine

Comment

how about unplug and plug the ecu back in,

Comment

Originally posted by rob_96 View Post
          how about unplug and plug the ecu back in,
          I just check for any fault that the ecu might have detected, but there is none... it is the shift control unit detecting a malfunction, which is so many possibility

Comment

For an error light to turn off the wiring needs to be earthed to the chassis in some way. So possibly you might have affected a earth when wiring in the boost controller???

The error code usually means there is no communication with the auto trans ECU. You get that error code when removing the auto trans ECU when converting the car to manual and still using the auto engine ECU.

Also on the NEO engine there should be a traction control device / solenoid before throttlebody that restricts air to engine. From memory that can trip the ABS/TCS/Slip lamp.

If is a engine ECU / sensor problem, the cat over heat temp lamp lights up, as it also functions as a engine check light.
            Last edited by Skym; 05-18-2015, 11:04 PM.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

in by saying of re-grounding the ecu will fix the connection back to normal?

are you referring to the TPS? throttle position sensor? that is one of the possibility of the problem.

Comment

Most likely. If not confident enough it would be advisable to get a auto electrician to check it out.

You would need to check the continuity of the earth wire to make sure it's earthing / not broken.

That's if tapped into that earth wire when wiring in the boost controller.

There's a solenoid looking thing on the opposite side of where the TPS is located that should be the traction control device (limit's air to throttlebody).
                RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Hey guys

I got the car out of limp, it was not hard overall to find the cause, but its a lot of reading and looking for info especially without a scan tool around.

2 code came up 12 and 44, 12 being maf sensor malfunction we deleted that and 44 abs/tcs/slip then I did a abs/tcs/slip diagnose to pin point the location of what is causing it which is the front left wheel sensor, in which I tried to deleted the code but i think I ended up turning off the abs/tcs LOL...

After all that I drove the car and see if it got out limp meaning all gears 1234 are working which it did, but I notice I was not getting enough power at higher rpm 4k-5k, I did notice that something is leaking a vacuum hose or something, me and my friend looked for it and found out that my PCV is done and the grommet around it is rip in half LOL we replace both. so advise on PCV replacement is just to take it to any auto parts store and just have match the size unless you are replacing did match on the database in north america.

Anyway everything is all working at the moment, tho I am not pushing the car hard. I am looking for MAF sensor to replace what I have after I do voltage and signal test on the maf sensor.

Comment

Ah, so it was the ABS part. Some warning lamps on dash are for multiple things.

It's good to hear that you found the cause.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                      Ah, so it was the ABS part. Some warning lamps on dash are for multiple things.

It's good to hear that you found the cause.
                      video

I cleaned my MAF sensor today, like completely drench the thing LOL then let it dry installed back in, so I am just trying to see if I am having backfire or odd detonations

I have test pipe installed and catback, I think its ok until I have a go and check the voltage reading and signal on my maf sensor. Do you know which power and ground on the maf sensor harness

Comment

Usually can find that pinout info on this website -

Here it is (R33 series 2 pinout is similar to R34) -

Black wire is ground.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Well I have not gotten the time to check the maf sensor signal/voltage, however the car is experiencing flat spot from 3500 rpm and up.
                          Any ideas? I am thinking its the plugs, tho I just replace them 3 months ago

Comment

If is a engine ECU / sensor problem, the cat over heat temp lamp lights up, as it also functions as a engine check light.

samsung note 5 hülle
                            Last edited by Bobena; 08-30-2015, 11:44 PM.
                            Es ist besser, ein kleines Licht zu entzünden, als über große Dunkelheit zu klagen.

Comment

Originally posted by 403SKYLINEGTT View Post
                              Well I have not gotten the time to check the maf sensor signal/voltage, however the car is experiencing flat spot from 3500 rpm and up.
                              Any ideas? I am thinking its the plugs, tho I just replace them 3 months ago
                              Could be, but sometimes can be knock / low octane maps if running on low octane gas or have a blocked fuel filter (use factory fuel filter).
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                              X