Project 4 door family car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project 4 door family car

figured i'd start one of these pages since there's a fair amount being done to my car...
    Teaser:

(that's 3" pipe)

I'll post pictures and all sorts of other specs along with a dyno sheet next week hopefully... unless i break down and tell you guys :P
    90 Nissan GTS-t Type M
    Originally posted by DrMango
    Your past girl friends must have really skewed your idea of what "tight" is.

looks slow

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky_1 View Post
      looks slow
      Ah you say that now but wait until there is a car attached to that thing... What ever it is j/k
      2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
      2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
      1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

T04B, P trim, .68 hotside being strapped to the side of an RB25...
        stinky, we'll see who has the slow car:-D
        90 Nissan GTS-t Type M

Comment

Originally posted by entelijint View Post
          T04B, P trim, .68 hotside being strapped to the side of an RB25...
          stinky, we'll see who has the slow car:-D

You gonna be racing that thing at secret street during the skymeet?

If so, Ill hafta get my silver GTS4 insured again so I can race it against you.

I may have to make some "simple tuning modifications". After that a quick 300 whp tune and I should be sort of good.

I would take my white one out for sure, but its gonna be in the DTP booth instead.

Have fun with the build. You got ballz. Throwing a buncha parts on and driving that far before you know how its gonna do!

Comment

it's either balls or insanity. either way, i'm looking at throwing down 400whp, heading out to secret street 1400km away and whooping some GTR tail.

now it's all in the home stretch... should be tuned and ready to rumble by the end of next weekend.
            90 Nissan GTS-t Type M

Comment

Originally posted by entelijint View Post
              it's either balls or insanity. either way, i'm looking at throwing down 400whp, heading out to secret street 1400km away and whooping some GTR tail.

now it's all in the home stretch... should be tuned and ready to rumble by the end of next weekend.
              BBQ entry fee is a ride in it!
              2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
              2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
              1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

thread revival from the dead...
                this was my driveshaft on monday's tune day...

5 years in the making and she still doesnt want to go. 4000rpm and all of a sudden the driveshaft tunnel got bigger, exhaust got pinched, Cam Koole of lightspeed nearly lost an arm and the car learned to jump.
                90 Nissan GTS-t Type M

Comment

I heard about this on facebook, Sorry to hear man. Hopefully local driveshaft can help you out/ fixed what looks to be there work in the first place?
                  Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

I called the shop that made the shaft (Canada Auto Service in Winnipeg, MB), they basically told me unless it was their welds or their joints that failed, it's not their problem. They told me they're not engineers so how should they know if it would twist or not... with a few minutes of looking, I found out for the length of the drive shaft they made me and materials used was only good for 5000rpm of the shaft, with my circumference of tire and gear ratio works out to be 156km/h with a 10% safety margin. GREAT! I can put this thing on a pinto! They also told me it was impossible to make a larger or stronger shaft with the parts I gave them...
                    The bent shaft is now at Xtreme Driveline in Red Deer and they gave me 3 options
                    -make a new shaft identical to this one using this one's parts but it would only be good for 5000rpm for just under 300$
                    -make a larger steel shaft using the flange and yoke for 550$
                    -make a 3" aluminum one from scratch for 780$
                    Considering Canada Auto charged me nearly 800$ for a steel one using my parts, I opted for an indestructable aluminum one for the same price.

Summary:
                    DO NOT GO TO CANADA AUTO SERVICE IN WINNIPEG. BBB has been notified
                    90 Nissan GTS-t Type M

Comment

Working...
                    X