No announcement yet.

The Never Ending Project..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well.. So far the dwell spikes haven't resurfaced since the replacement ViPEC was installed. That's good.

However, there is still a hot starting issue. The car will start fine if it is cold, but if you shut it off and attempt to restart while it is warm. It refuses to fire.
    :?

They are rebuilding the wiring harness again.. if that doesn't do it. Rewiring the whole car may be next. It'll be next week before I find out if that solved the problem if they must go that route.

At least some progress is coming along.. however I am almost sure the last gremlin is hiding, and will only appear after I am driving it on my own. As it always has! :roll:

Comment

• how about the ignitor chip? im sure that could make your car run a little goofy and send weird spark patterns after it gets hot?

Comment

• i had a similar issue and went to SOUK to get advise, BigChief sent me down a newer (but used) Airflow sensor which i installed and this went away.

I would start my car after it was already hot though, then the car would run like a bag of ****. Once i got the Airflow sensor, i popped it open to make sure the connections were tight then installed it.

tadah!
        .......GTRCANADA.COM
        Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

• I don't have an airflow sensor Bayside.. the car runs map now.
          They think they have it nailed down though.. some wiring on the turbo side overheated, and needed replacing. The new wire bundles are wrapped in DEI heat shielding now. The ignitor bundle is on that side too Love_Boost, so it very well may be that.. seeing as they replaced it also.

Comment

• well, i hope for your sake it is fixed!
            good luck buddie
            .......GTRCANADA.COM

Comment

• Just wrapping her up now..

need to replace the left tail light, re-aim the headlights, wrap the turbo exhaust housing in DEI heat shielding, re-install the splitfires, re-activate the kill switch, remount the battery box, re-activate the Bee-R, and give it one more street tune to make sure all is well.

A good days worth of work.. and it should be all set.

Comment

• heard you raced the charger haha

Comment

• Originally posted by ChasDuran View Post
                  Just wrapping her up now..

need to replace the left tail light, re-aim the headlights, wrap the turbo exhaust housing in DEI heat shielding, re-install the splitfires, re-activate the kill switch, remount the battery box, re-activate the Bee-R, and give it one more street tune to make sure all is well.

A good days worth of work.. and it should be all set.
                  so its working good now? i hope

Comment

• knowing the great rep......itll fall apart ,be towed, and stored in the bays off to the right for another 20 months.

lmao.
                    nothing against chas (no pun intended)
                    .......GTRCANADA.COM

Comment

• Originally posted by mikedaurie View Post
                      heard you raced the charger haha

FRACKING Ghost Car!! lol

Wasn't a race.. just tried out the launch control. lol

I can hardly believe that he let me go!

Car's running fine now.. :-D

Comment

• haha thats dope i made a project car thread
                        cars has the over fenders on now looks sexy haha

Comment

• also i put a thread up for a meet at timmys this saturday i think lol
                          im bringen my car out see if eney one shows you going to have
                          your car there

Comment

• it's likely I will be there.

Comment

• Woot!!! I have FULL access to my cars potential now.. Damn fast too!

Comment

• lol its about time...
                                lets see a vid?

Comment

Working...
                                X