HCR32 spring '10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCR32 spring '10

Well I just got my car back on the road today, feels nice to get out of the beater. Did some stuff over the winter so I figured an update is in order.

List of parts before this winter
    Apex'i intake
    front mount
    turbo back exhaust
    Steel head gasket
    ARP head studs
    rb25 turbo
    Tein flex coilovers
    shadybeaver chip
    Momo wheel
    17inch works

This winter
    17x9 +15 fn01r wheels
    Thick rear sway bar
    end links
    solid subframe bushings
    shimmed r200 diff
    Powder coated subframe
    Complete hicas removal
    removed clutch box
    removed rear wiper
    removed carbon canister
    New gauge set up

Then tune up stuff like plugs, o2, set tps, etc

As well i alligned it myself, something i always wanted to try and it turned out really well, i didnt set castor, but camber and toe, which were my two main concerns are right where i want it. My ride height im very happy with too, fairly low with a base height drop but im still keeping decent stroke on the shocks, as well i can drive around with out ripping my lip off. Surprisingly it drives perfectly straight down the road, which is something i was concerned it but it feels just like a shop did it with a laser setup.

I was hoping to paint it this year but infortunatly budget didnt allow.

anyways heres some pics.

Jesse
    Jesse
    1990 HCR32
    2006 Chev Silverado

Nice ride man... It kinda reminds me of my ride in the beginning
    What kinda plans you got for this car??

Comment

This looks beautiful, I really like the guage/switch setup there
      Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Thanks guys,

Well im slowly building the 20, but ideally id like to do some kind of engine swap eventually. Maybe build this with parts that could work on a 25, never know. Finally out of school this year so hopefully ill be making some real cash.
        Jesse
        1990 HCR32
        2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

Just ordered a sard bov, good price, and comes w/ and install kit for the rb20 so I couldnt argue with that. I need one so i can hold boost above 11 or 12 psi. Hopfully be here in a week or two.
          Jesse
          1990 HCR32
          2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

Nice car man. Looks real clean. And I'm jealous of your wingless. I think we should organize a Calgary meet soon

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Nissan_Sean View Post
              Nice car man. Looks real clean. And I'm jealous of your wingless. I think we should organize a Calgary meet soon

Sean
              Yeah im defiantly in, thanks for the offer on the bov btw but I figured id save the hastle and buy new anyways. My cars out now, shitty weather in town right now but im game as soon as it clears up.
              Jesse
              1990 HCR32
              2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

I enjoy a well kept and put together HCR, not enough of them at all these days.

Love the concept-look. i recommend getting a GTR hood and you're golden
                1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

she looks good jeese, i wish i had a good stock bumper on my still
                  or the same color front end haha but looks great.
                  1990 gtr .... in need of axle and some tlc
                  1990 gtst 4 door, slammed, 2 toned, and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
                    I enjoy a well kept and put together HCR, not enough of them at all these days.

Love the concept-look. i recommend getting a GTR and you're golden
                    I think i'll stick to the rwd fun, i like a little wheel spin. Ha!

Thanks Austin, Im still considering some kind of kit in the future but im not sure what i want, I flip between a gtr front bumper, and matching kit and a true aftermarket kit every day.
                    Jesse
                    1990 HCR32
                    2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

Even if you didn't buy mine, I think black/origin/wingless looks amazing on a gts. Especially with those wheels.

But for the meet, should be some weekend soon, like a Saturday evening at McMahon. Always lots of space and shade. As long as its not may 1st cause I imagine a lot of people will be heading up to the Edmonton meet. Maybe the 24th?

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Nissan_Sean View Post
                        Even if you didn't buy mine, I think black/origin/wingless looks amazing on a gts. Especially with those wheels.

But for the meet, should be some weekend soon, like a Saturday evening at McMahon. Always lots of space and shade. As long as its not may 1st cause I imagine a lot of people will be heading up to the Edmonton meet. Maybe the 24th?

Sean
                        Yeah I agree with you it would look really good, Im still considering it.

But yeah the 24th would probably be the best i would think. Lets make a plan for it.
                        Jesse
                        1990 HCR32
                        2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

Originally posted by jessem
                          I think i'll stick to the rwd fun, i like a little wheel spin. Ha!

Haha, sorry man, that was supposed to say GTR Hood, i feel ashamed, as i definitely not one of those GTR elitists. One proud HCR owner to another.
                          1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Alright i posted up the 24th in western region. We'll have another one soon enough that Paradis can make it to, I want to see that sr.

Sean

Comment

Hey just wondering what size of tire you are running on those fn's

Comment

Working...
                              X