• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool story Nathan lol jks

impul looks cool. It's like a mixture of a skyline and cefiro
    RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

see and thats why is asked.. and said maybe...

i was hoping people wanted this to be a collectors edition( i will do my best to leave it in the mylar bag )

i did want to leave this stock it just needs that show room touch with north american update(navi/radio)
      passenger speaker coils cracked but others seem fine
      anyone got some door speakers???

Comment

yea i wasnt to kine on 33's either the stocks look plain almost like a 97 maxima
        love the fact that my engine is a mere weekend mod away from the legendary rb26dett
        now the body kit looks neat and the lowered fat tire (toe-in front & cambered rear btw)
        the race wheel help turning really tight plus hi-cas, stiff suspension no body roll
        sitting in it you feel like its set up for auto-cross..
        my only 2 beefs with 32's are to similar looking to a prelude and 2ltr engine needs mod just to reach the r33
        btw my impul is 50kg lighter then stock so 1340kg with 260bhp and 256 ftlbs-tq and the tires and suspension to put that power to the ground

Comment

mmm I wouldn't go as far to say that the 25 is anywhere near a 26.... Completely different motors as Nissan went a bit wonky with their mechanical ingenuity with the gts 25's. RB25 is a capable motor, but will never compare..
          HICAS for most is a deficit more than a gain.. 90% of people remove them. In reality they make cornerning much harsher by giving the rear end a much "heavier" and unpredictable feel.. I wouldn't go to say the car is setup for autocross.. If you compare your stockish suspension to a well setup track car, you'll ultimately feel the difference right off the bat.

32 doesnt need much to pass a 33. In retrospect, both cars are nearly identical due to hp to weight. The 33 is 1,400 kg, the 32 is 1,280 kg.. that is a BIG Difference. 260bhp is 200-210 wheel; 32 is around 180 wheel.. Power to weight is respectively close.

At any rate, the biggest difference in both cars is weight. And weight is more than power to weight, its also cornering and braking distances. On a track, i have no doubt a 32 is more effective and efficient in both acceleration and cornerning/braking than a 33, stock for stock..

Don't get me wrong, you have a great car, but there are very discernible difference in the 2 types of cars, even though they're both classified Skylines.
          Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
          www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
          Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
          Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

whats the stock suspension set up like?
            camber toe clearance hieghts?
            remember my impul is 50kg lighter plus it puts power down better

i know the clearance on this is like 3.5-4 inches
            and its set up to be tight and stiff i could probly have 4 people in it and it barely squatts
            i love hicas .... but i guess on a long high speed corner it would make it understeer i guess
            (since highspeed it turns same as fronts/// and low speed is opposite)
            or not turn on at all...either way
            as soon as it gets funky on me ill lock it too but till then ... wwoo whooooo

when it comes down to it comparing a 32 to a 33 is like comparing a 33 to a 34

just different
            i would love to see a 32 and 33 with same mods go toe to toe then switch drivers and go again
            and just cause .. 1st gear and half of second the 32 has a head start im sure half way through 3rd there even

Comment

i just ment increasing the bore and stroke headers injection fmic and front throttle body inntake and twin turbo to match the specs of a rb26dett
              thats all not awd and such

Comment

Bore is the same for both @ 86, stroke is off by 2 mil. It's much easier said than done to make an RB25 an RB26 unless it's meticulously done from the ground up (bare block).. But that'd be stupid.

You can make good power from this motor without thinking comparatively to RB26's and RB20's.

Like you said; injectors (will need fuel pump), front facing plenum, fmic.. "headers" or exhaust manifold is more a novelty item and shouldn't be your primary for performance gains. You'll notice gains on high flowing high hp applications because a well made exhaust manifold provides considerably more flow and is much smoother on the exit than stock. But stock is good for 4/500 hp no prob. You won't twin turbo it when you realize the amount of money and effort it's going to consume.. Get a larger turbo, 2535, 2876.. or if you're mind is set on top mount manifold, get a gt35.. GT35 is a great match for an RB25 as it creates much air more volume on exit than an RB20.. Should see 370-400 whp no prob.

Comment

Also, please dont put iridium plugs in your car. I understand your logic because i once believed in that as well, but it's false to believe because they're "iridium" and expensive that they're the best. Simply, they're not. Copper plugs burn much better, break less often, deter from any misfires, and are 16$ for the 6 tax in.

You may also want to begin reading the Tech section sticky's on FAQ's and DIY's. The physical maintenance of your car is much more important than tints and a FMIC at this point..

Clean your coils, (these are another thing i HATE about rb25's..)
                  Change fluids and etc..

Just read! And this isn't for us, it's for you. And in no offense whatsoever, but the fact that you posted in 2 sections about buying iridium plugs means you haven't been reading :P

Comment

Working...
                  X