No announcement yet.

Blue-U-Away- What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are no such thing a one lug rims like how would the rim spin with the hub if there is only one bolt holding it lol
    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

lol i must totally be missing the ball then! ha im sure its one big bolt and not a cap lol! but whats under this "cap" haha

Comment

Ok here's my suggestions.... With the 5 k do the following:
        - like frankiman said get rid of the rims and get some better suited fitment for the car. Sell yours for let's say 500 and add another 1500 on top and grab a nice set with proper fitment( there is a specific section to help with flush fitting rims on our cars in the tech section
        - get some nice coilovers. You can usually find a nice set used for roughly 800$ and you will ride and perform better
        - get a nice front mount intercooler you can usually find a half decent kit for 500( I got a brand new greddy fmic for that with piping)
        - get a front facing intake manifold( help with your throttle response on your car with the 2.3. That if bough new will run you 1k
        - with the 1200 you have left take the time to do the regular maintenance like timing belt, spark plugs, fluid flushes etc. It's nice to dump all the money into performance but in order for your car to run properly it needs to be taken care of.

If you need a good supplier, Adam at feast auto export will serve you well and can get you pretty much anything you need at great prices with fast shipping.
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

haha thats awesome
          1993 Nissan R32 GTR

Comment

Fog lights -> garbage, swap the rims out for anything else, and what's on the truck on either side of the spoiler ? Whateverever they are they can go with the fog lights haha
            "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

wanna bet 20 bux on if that wheel is single lug or 5?

Loosen the single cover = see 5 lug nuts hahahah

Clean up that bay too.

Comment

Originally posted by evilgtr View Post
                Fog lights -> garbage, swap the rims out for anything else, and what's on the truck on either side of the spoiler ? Whateverever they are they can go with the fog lights haha
                those things are to hold a a/m wing probably a huge ass ugly thing thats why it aint on there no more lol
                Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

I'll try and loosed the cap today and see what I see lol I'm set on one lug haga if there was 5 behind the cap they would be spaced cm apart so idk

And that's antenna for my navigation haha it only works in japan so there's a bunch that's gotta go,

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo_line View Post
                    there are no such thing a one lug rims like how would the rim spin with the hub if there is only one bolt holding it lol
                    hmmm...I think the new GT3 RS has one huge lug in the middle. It's supposed to be better balance for the wheel or something. Hammond drove it recently on Top Gear I think. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
                    89 Nissan Skyline GTS-T (Sold)
                    98 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT (Sold)
                    2013 Toyota Venza V6 AWD Touring
                    1976 Datsun 280Z

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
                      hmmm...I think the new GT3 RS has one huge lug in the middle. It's supposed to be better balance for the wheel or something. Hammond drove it recently on Top Gear I think. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
                      Correct. Center locks have been offered since 09 i believe, on the GT3 and RS. However they're a pain because 1, you need an air jack or a lift to change all 4's. 2, You need special equipment that porsche does not offer to the public. Nothing like 1200$ tire changes, a-top your 3000$ tires..

It was to make it more race oriented, but it doesnt offer the DIY'er any real incentive. It is stronger, it balances the hub to a greater degree and sheds weight, but it's not an option for a street car without its own personal air lift/ pit crew..

As for your car, it's your car. Everyones opinion here is extensively biased - we've all built our own cars to our own liking and whatever we offer as guidance is simply based on what we've done/would do to your car. If you like it as it is, leave it. If you like 3 spoke rims, leave them on and save the money, put it elsewhere.

I personally would never use 3 spoke rims, but then again i prefer stock GTR rims over 99% of AM rims out there - that 1% isn't in my budget.. If you want a good fitment with a well priced tire size, find some stock GTR rims, paint them/powdercoat them whatever colour you want, and be done with it. Type M bumper is fine, Frank - it's a non N1 GTR bumper minus the lower valence fins - It's YOUR bumper without IC vents, how is that fugly?

You should simply start by cleaning the car up - tuck engine bay wires, get rid of useless junk like whatever is on your trunk. If there are holes, have them filled. If you dont like Blue, then thats a good time to rethink a paint job if the price is right, or have it vinyl wrapped.

Interior wise, just clean it up. Put stuff back in the center console if you want a stock looking riding, get the usage back out of your glove box, and maybe change your dash if you dont like those rogue gauges..

In the end, your build is simply up to you. The forum is a tool for ideas, not your mothers hand, so don't take to heart the ideas people throw at you; at the end of the day, the only person driving your car is you.

Also, while you're cleaning your car, take the next few months to read through both GTR and GTST build threads. Check out skylinesaustralia and see what they're up to as well. The more ideas you take in, the more you can contrast to determine a direction for your build.

And, as for the 5000$ mark, save the money until you truly know what it is you want to do. You dont want to purchase a new turbo if you're not going to have the money for injectors, fuel pump and a tune, OR do you even know if these have been changed? This is a good place to look before putting the money forward. Research into your car and find out what it's got going on. Learn how to pull your bellhousing, remove hicas etc. If you need a new clutch, there's no better time that in the beginning and that way you can concentrate elsewhere as the build ensues .
                      Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 01-27-2011, 12:14 PM.
                      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

new wheels,
                        sell the gauge pod from the side of the cluster..and mount on dash in single rotating pods..
                        get a real shift knob..not the one froma civic like u have now..
                        take the stickers off the valve cover..
                        clean the engine bay.
                        get rid of the mushroom filter
                        and please....LOSE THE CUPHOLDERS IN THE VENT..your killing us all here..

Comment

Here's what you do:

I like it, minus the fog lights. All it needs is some r32 gtr wheels + sticky, proper sized tires. Interior needs a bit of work, but I'm one to talk, I still have the original steering wheel that looks like it was shot out of a cannon, right into a volcano.

Comment

Clean clean clean clean and clean that interior. Honestly, it looks gross.

Lose that jap nav thing and the antennas on the back of the car, get a head unit (or fit a block off plate in there so its not a gaping hole). New rims, even some rotas would be better (17x9 +20 offset at the least, will need to roll fenders). Take it to an exterior/interior cleaning place, get it waxed and what not. Clean up all those lines in your engine bay. Get rid of fog lights, get rid of that mushroom intake junk and get an apex-i on there. Lose those gauges and buy some that are a bit smaller, mount on a-pillar or something. Then more interior cleaning. And lose the stickers in the engine bay.
                            BNR32- Sold
                            1998 Evolution V

Comment

Your wheel is not 1 lug. Get a flathead and pry the cap off. Depending what model of skyline you have you will have either 4 or bolts. The pattern will be 5x114.3 most likely. If you have 4 bolts it will be 4x114.3.

Most likely you have 5x114.3. Get better looking and fitting rims. Do all the maintenance. GTR bumpers look killer on a 4 door. Do that.

Honestly. not being a ****. but you should learn some more about the car you own. Gain a whole lot of knowledge before you toss money at a car.

It really depends on what your goals for the car are. Cause depending what you want, your reguired stuff and where you spend the money will be WAY different

do you want to
                              drift
                              drag
                              time attack
                              street styled
                              high horsepower
                              grocery getter

what do you want out of your car?
                              sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                              ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

before you start prying on anything, id check to see if its a cover thats threaded on or just clipped on.. im pretty sure the advan ones are threaded on.

but no, its not a single lug, its just a cover.

Comment

Working...
                                X