Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken's 1989 BabyZilla

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    So I paid for the Tomei cam gears on August 18th from AutoDream and they never ordered them. I sent my second email in over a week asking where my gears are and finally they respond saying theyre paypal account isn't showing my payment. I verified it went through and called them at 9am to resolve the matter, I told them the day and the amount that went through. They said they had some internal errors and apologized for the inconvenience, he said he'd call back in an hour to double check everything, I asked them to send an email because I'm on night shift and would be sleeping. I never got any email and had to call them back to learn they would have to order them and it would take another 2-3 weeks. I told them their customer service sucks because I never hear back from them. They apologized again, and about 5 minutes after the phone call they decided to email me about them.

    I'm seriously doubting going there to get my nistune done now.

    I got a Synapse BOV sitting at home, and a AEM water/meth kit on the way.


    Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 09-20-2011, 11:20 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    Tomei adjustable cam gears on the way!

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    Thanks mang, I'm running about 10 pounds right now. The EBC takes a while to fine tune, still don't quite have it setup the way I want. I do like how you can adjust how early boost kicks in. Hopefully I'll get my ass down for a nistune install sometime this summer...
    Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 08-17-2011, 10:54 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Voodoo_ChildR32
    replied
    Looking good man, what kinda boost u gonna run with.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    I installed my Greddy Profec Spec II, and my shift/brake boots. I also put in my O2 wideband gauge into place in the heater vent, will finish wiring and bung install on another day.

    Engine Bay (Ordered K&N Air Filter)


    Cockpit view. I installed the EBC underneath instead of above in the "tabs" spot. I thought the slot was too big by about an eighth to 3/16" on the side/side & top/bot.




    Next project will be to finish the wideband install and put in the FMIC and make some brackets to hold her up.
    Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 08-15-2011, 09:50 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • JosiahP
    replied
    he painted them red if i remember correctly

    Leave a comment:


  • RABBIT
    replied
    ^ what happend to your head lamps? is it the picture ?

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    Small Update-

    Everything Ive ordered has come in.

    I got some new shift/handbrake boots with blue stitching instead of red and a wideband.




    Picked up some blue rad hoses to match the intercooler couplings.


    Took a few pictures of the car. This is my girl without her skirts on.




    Only thing Ive done so far is put on the rad hoses. I have a couple of days off so I may through in the EBC.
    Pretty much after everything I have so far is installed all Ill need is adjustable cam gears, oil cooler, and a larger turbo + exhaust manifold.
    Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 08-15-2011, 10:36 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    Originally posted by feyd182 View Post
    AWESOME! You have a clean ass ride, glad she's running good for ya now. Try cleaning the MAF again and tweak your idle and see if that helps with the hunting, also reset the ecu we threw a lot at it so it may be a bit confused. We gotta go for a cruise sometime, you know where to find me....
    Thanks =) Ya Im down for sure, hopefully the weather will start getting a bit better.

    Originally posted by Supraclean View Post
    Make sure to check the connection from you maf plug? into the maf. I found on my car that it would hunt as I did not have it secured properly.
    The plug snaps in well, Im not sure WTF its problem is. I have a Mishimoto intercooler on the way, so if my Greddy Profec ever gets in from performance-wise then Ill install em and head for the tuners. Z32 MAF FTW. I paid for the boost controller over a month ago, when I asked them where it is they say "We sent this originally on the 19th of June. I looked into it and the parcel hadnt left the post office yet. I dont know why this happened and Im sorry for any inconvenience caused. We re-lodged it today and you should get it within 4-5 days." They gave me a tracking number atleast...

    Leave a comment:


  • Supraclean
    replied
    Make sure to check the connection from you maf plug? into the maf. I found on my car that it would hunt as I did not have it secured properly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Voodoo_ChildR32
    replied
    AWESOME! You have a clean ass ride, glad she's running good for ya now. Try cleaning the MAF again and tweak your idle and see if that helps with the hunting, also reset the ecu we threw a lot at it so it may be a bit confused. We gotta go for a cruise sometime, you know where to find me....
    Last edited by Voodoo_ChildR32; 07-24-2011, 03:12 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    I re-resoldered the MAF and no more chattering or bogging at all, I did notice a bit more idle hunt than I experienced using feyd's good MAF.

    Leave a comment:


  • Voodoo_ChildR32
    replied
    No worries, was glad to help ya finally get it solved.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    feyd182 aka James was kind enough to stop by today so we could do some problem solving on my chattering/bogging problem. We swapped AAC valves but the problem persisted, then we tried swapping MAFs....BINGO. Using James' MAF I had no problems at all. Time to resolder my MAF (again) or possibly find a another one. Thanks for the hand man

    Leave a comment:


  • Voodoo_ChildR32
    replied
    Could be from the sounds of it. It's open when cold and slowly shuts as engine gets to operating temp.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X