Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken's 1989 BabyZilla

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    I was thinking of going with 38's, I doubt Id get the full use of the 44's. I havent decided if Ill go with screamers or not, I guess it depends on if the neighbours piss me off or not lol. Still debating on the Nistune or ViPec though. An oil cooler with thermostat sandwich plate wouldnt hurt either.

    Leave a comment:


  • Supraclean
    replied
    Nice man, you went twin scroll I take it. I Bet 2 44mm Tials would do the trick. Some good custom work to fit it by the cross member.

    Are you going to plum them back in or double screamers:P?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    I got the V-Band's, seems like a easier/better setup than some bolts that will seize up. Now Im just waiting on my manifold to come in so I can figure out what style/size of wastegates I want to use.

    Leave a comment:


  • Supraclean
    replied
    Nice man did you get Vband flange housing or 4bolt?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    Ordered my GTX3071R with a 0.63 A/R turbine housing.



    I LIKE TO GO FAST

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    Im jealous that you got a bunch of stuff that you wanted done finished on yours, while my stuff sits in the box lol. We'll have to out and grab a beer one of these nights.

    Leave a comment:


  • Voodoo_ChildR32
    replied
    Glad to see ya made it back bud! Quite the build ya got goin on, I'm all jealous now, lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    Im back in the great white north after a 4 month hiatus. I came back from Australia a little earlier so that I wouldnt miss out on any upcoming work. I ordered a 6Boost T3 twin scroll, twin gate exhaust manifold. Kyle says he's shipping it out tomorrow THIS will be the summer where Ill have her all done engine performance wise. Ill buy my T3 GTX3071R, waste gates, and some 60mm gauges to fill the 5 spaces in my 2 pods. Then basically install my wideband O2 + 5 other sensors, cam gears, injectors, water-meth kit, intercooler, and new turbo setup. I may just opt for the ViPec at this point instead of the Nistune I was considering. Some bigger brakes will probably be a good idea once everything else is done. Hopefully we'll have some meets this year in E-Town.
    Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 03-13-2012, 02:53 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    Supposedly:

    The r32 sender body will have the incorrect positioning; it will wear the cog poorly and eventually break it.

    Edit:
    GTR speedo assembly does need a new groove cut, dont spend the money on the gtr pinion assembly GO THE NAVARA one guys, shaft is longer and therefore stronger when holding the r33 red cog in place..they both fit r33 box and both require a locating groove cut opposite factory groove.
    Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 11-03-2011, 05:39 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Supraclean
    replied
    Yup I beleive you have to be carful with the 25 gear as it doest just slip over, I heard you have to melt it a bit. Im sure RWD_GTR can confirm tho.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    Originally posted by RWD_GTR View Post
    use a r32 gtr speedo assembly with the rb25 plastic gear on it. done.
    works?

    Leave a comment:


  • RWD_GTR
    replied
    use a r32 gtr speedo assembly with the rb25 plastic gear on it. done.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    I havent updated in a while, so I figure Id post up a pic of my newest goodies.



    My goals are to completely finish my project next year, upgraded turbo and all. I also want to throw in a R33 RB25 transmission. Im debating trying to jimmy rig the RB25 trans so I can still use the cable speedo or just opt for the electronic since Ill have the 60mm gauges anyways. Theres a few ways I can mod the 25's gearbox to make this happen, SAU has some good write ups (luckly I saved the URL to my HD when pictures worked). When Im in Australia Ill grab a Holden VL Turbo &/or Nissan Navara speedo assemblies, and perhaps a spare R33 Speedo Assembly.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    I was granted a holiday working visa to Australia, Im heading down to Sydney on November 8th. I wont be back until March 31st 2012, so Im going to do some travelling and work a little too. Ill be picking up my 6boost mani and other skyline goodies when Im downunder. I have a raging hardon already

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    BW S200SX twin scroll is pretty good too I guess



    It was compared to a GTX3071 single scroll. I wonder how a '76 twin scroll would have done against it. Once again I'm on the fence.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X