• Show
Clear All

O noes where's it going? Sold?
    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Wagwan wit dem tings?

updates + find me a s13!!

Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

So. Skyline is back in brockville for winter storage. I recently got a new job designing components for trains, streetcars and subways. Recently did work on the lights for the new streetcars toronto is getting next year

Picked up a car i can rack up kms on. got it with 160kms. No rust on rear quarters. but its got some dins and dents. not bad for 2400 cert etested.

the best part is i get 550kms for $35. i can see the appeal of civics. But it boggles me how people cant make them cool. parts can be found at 7/11 and cost less than bag of chips.

Since the car is in storage, i had to take it off insurance. So depending if desjardins will take it back next year or not i may wait it out and get classic insurance the summer after next. the car needs lots of tlc and i hope to bring it back to its former glory
        Jordie Lewis
        1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Buy MKIV's motor and ARC240's manifold. Do it.
          Job sounds awesome btw.
          Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
          Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Rarely on this site any more now that im not driving the car daily.

I have been discussing with my parents about storing the car at their place. We own a downtown store front in brockville and have converted what were the 2 apartments into a single living space and loft. Its pretty neat. Their parking area is big enough for approx 6 cars, but its behind in a sort of ally area. Building a garage was out of the question due to zoning and all the legalities of building in a downtown core not to mention the cost.

my dad came up with the idea retrofitting a shipping container so i can have a (small) work space and store the car in.

Something like this

the rolly doors in the side allow access to the car (shipping containers are narrow). they are relatively inexpensive when you compare it to renting a storage unit longterm and dont require building permits as they are not permanent structures.

I also moved up in the company i started at so i decided to reward myself with some cool 90's tommykaira aero.

Shipping for the skirts was ridiculous so im trying to get them to separate the rear valance. hopefully it works out.

The car is set to be off the road for a year or two until i can get classic car insurance under my own name and to swap it to hopefully make some decent jam.

thanks for reading.

-Jordie
            Jordie Lewis
            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Hey all, Sorry there have been a lack of updates but not much has happened with the car being 300km away from me

I have started getting parts in slowly and have been stacking cash for whatever build route i end out going.

1. My TommyKaira Aero is just clearing customs in Vancouver

2. I bought Trickey's 4pt cage which with some love from good welding buddy will be receiving a diagonal cross bar connect the 2 rear bars (its my inner ricer i cant help it)

3. Currently on the casual look out for some confetti recaros.

4. Ordered a shipping container last week to store the car in so i can get it off my buddys property.

5. Picking up a 32 half cut in the upcoming weeks so i can properly rebuild the car. The rad support was bent so the clip means i can bring the car back to its former glory.

So This past weekend I made it back to Shannonville for some rainy drift action.

Went back to brockville for the night for a home cooked meal.

I had picked up a GTR bumper for the Skyline as well as a replica JUN lip to flow better the TommyKaira Aero.

The shitty weather and lack of a proper garage led to me working in the living room. The bumper was pretty scuffed as i imagine it was thrown in a container with a bunch of random crap. I was skeptical on how it would turn out.

I took the GTR Lip off and scrubbed the whole thing with a scotchbight pad. Most of the scuffs came out. I will need to properly sand and finish the bumper before painting obviously. but it looks 20x better.

I also mocked up the JUN lip and it looks pretty cool.

I will need to trim and modify the lip to fit the bumper properly. I would also like to reinforce the mounting tabs to make it more durable.

Work in progress but. im stoked on how it will look.

New HKS water temp gauge is on its way matches my boost gauge. Found it Brand New in Box on Ebay which is pretty sweet because they are discontinued and extremely hard to find in good condition with the harness and sensors.

I had started making a enclosure in my interior panel for my turbo timer. I started with a s13 map light piece and grafted it to the panel. It was hard to make the turbo timer fit in and was too much effort.

So at work we recently got a 3D printer so i am going to make a model of the enclosure and the turbo timer and print it. The printer prints to within .010" so everything will fit nicely. I am going to CAD this up on lunch this week so expect updates on that.

OH and finally . I NEED someone to find me these seats.

There was probably only 5 sets or so made so i bet im SOL

And My car has a Twin in Japan.

Things are slowly starting to come back together. updates should be coming more frequently.
              Jordie Lewis
              1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

just went threw this thread for the first time and i love the 240 at the first and im lovin what your doin with the skyline love the wheels and the seats also keep er up im jelly on what u got for yours and i dont haha
                FWD=FUCKIN WONT DRIFT /:

Comment

Hey man thanks, Ya i havent been able to find the HKS seats lol theyre probably super rare so ill have to settle for some recaros. But at least your car has fresh paint. I have a dent in my rear quarter that i have to pop out. then the car will get re sprayed as well.
                  Jordie Lewis
                  1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

After my failed attempt at making a turbo timer. i chose to print one at work.

quickly mocked up the timer and enclosure in Solidworks....
                    and then hit print.

it will take the printer 7 or so hours to make this. I will post the printed model tomorrow evening.

Jordie Lewis
                    1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Anyways so the part came out quite nicely. It took 7 hours to print.

The turbo timer sits nicely inside (as modeled hah) and will just be held in place with 3M VHB Tape.

Gotta wait until i get my front clip to mount to the panel seeing as i already butchered the one i had.

Column mount gauge pod is next.
                      Jordie Lewis
                      1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Tooning Facility arrived at my parents house today

20ft container with a 12ft roll up door in the side. Probably going to roll the car out most times im working on it. But its a cheap and easy way of having a garage and its completely tamper proof.

Tommykaira Aero is in brockville to and will probably get delivered tomorrow too

Stoked to go home this weekend
                        Jordie Lewis
                        1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

LET ME WORK ON YOUR CAR!
                          my s13 sucks and i dont want to touch it .

Comment

Productive day today

Like all other journeys it started off like this

Got the car boosted, didn't electrocute ourselves and got the car on the trailer.

Some fine work by Berthiaume Towing Inc. had the car delivered through a tight ally and up to my container.

Easiest Unload of life.

Un Wrapped my Aero and got crackin'

The Kit had to be cut in half to avoid crazy shipping charges. But its fiberglass and will be put back together relatively easily. I Hope.

Rear Kit Fits like a Dream. What a difference buying Legit Aero makes.

Obligatory Pic with the wangan wing

Panda 32!

Side Skirts mocked into place. The GTR Bumper needs some rebar love to get it to fit correctly. Stock Lip Shown as the shitty replica Jun Lip needs some work to get it to fit properly.

My Help Fell Asleep

There is a Surprising amount of room to work around inside the container. Keep in mind the car can be shifted another foot or so to the left.

The car can roll back in the container another 5.5 feet or so.

Mean Muggin'

BNIB HKS Water Temp Gauge also came in

It hurt to take it out of the box

'Til Next time i'm in town. Bye car
                            Jordie Lewis
                            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

that looks awesome! are those gauges OOP or something?
                              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Big ups to Tim Audet who helped me get my aero back together. We got the GTR bumper fitting properly with the GTS-T fenders (OEM bumper, none of the cheap fiberglass ****)

Overall i'm stoked with how the car looks. Needs to be raised a bit and have wide non-chinese tires to complete the look.

Exterior Mods are:

GTR Bumper with JUN lip
                                Tommy Kaira Skirts and rear valance
                                East Bear Mirrors
                                Bomex Wangan Wing

Also quickly mocked this up in solidworks. I am going to match the radius to that of my column surround and print it shortly. Each one will have the HKS logo, boost and water temp printed into the design
                                Jordie Lewis
                                1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Working...
                                X