Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTS-T in the works!

Hey all
    Well, after being out of the car scene for a while, I decided I wanted to try something a little different.
    I've always been a fan of Skylines, so I decided to get one for myself off a member on the boards!

The car came with a nice list of stuff:
    - RB25 Turbo
    - GTR Injectors
    - GTR Resistor Pack
    - 3.5" full exhaust
    - HKS Intake
    - AEM Fuel/Ignition Controller
    - Turbosmart Megasonic BOV
    - Megan Coilovers
    - GReddy Boost Controller
    - GReddy FMIC
    - Nismo 1.5way LSD
    - Ogura Clutch

The previous owner cut the GTS bumper to allow air flow to the FMIC. He did a pretty good job I think, but if the fitment can be done, I'd love a GTR bumper.
    I know I'm forgetting some more but I'll update later.

Anyway, here's what I got for it so far:
    - 17" Work Ewing (BBS replicas) (Front: 17x8.5 Rear: 17x9.5)
    - Z32 MAF
    - Z32 4-Piston Front Calipers (The car came with S13 single piston brakes )
    - OEM R32 Steering Wheel
    - GTR Front & Rear Seats
    - Type-M Side Skirts (Not installed yet)

I want to buy:
    - GTR Hood
    - Potentially a GTR grill if it's compatible with the GTS headlights?
    - Maybe a GTR bumper depending on how the fitment will be with GTS fenders
    - GTS Amber corner lights

My plans for 2012 is the RB25 route, with a goal of 500rwhp
    I'll be creeping other GTS RB25 builds to get some ideas

I'll cut it short for now and just get to the pictures!

Coming back from Cayuga!

My car being dyno tuned by Tony @ DMT!
    As per my sig, she made 264whp and 227trq @ 1-bar

Thanks for reading, I'll update my car's progress as it goes on.
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Nice! Looks good.
    -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

Thanks mate
      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

i can get you a bumper for 350 shipped to your door

Comment

Originally posted by trickey1991 View Post
          i can get you a bumper for 350 shipped to your door
          PM'ing right now!
          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Well if you guys followed my previous thread about my clutch/tranny, you'll know my car isn't driving anymore.

After a lot of frustration with my whole setup giving me nothing but problems this year, I decided on a different route for 2012.

Having been referred by many people, including shop owners and GTRC members, I gave the job to the guys at PUR Auto I was really impressed by the way they explain everything in detail and make sure they know what I want before they continue. I highly recommend that anyone with goals for next year give Vlad at PUR a call.

The Skyline will be worked on over the winter month and won't be out again until April

Until next season :'( </3

1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Haven't updated this in a while so here goes.

The car is receiving an RB25DET S1 swap:
              - 1.2mm metal head gasket
              - ARP Head studs
              - N1 Oil pump
              - N1 Water pump
              - Tomei timing belt

The car is being tuned with Haltech. A few others include front facing plenum, fuel rail and new fuel pump. Turbo options have not be discussed yet.

Until next time!
              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

You are going to love the 25 such a great motor and can take a beating. What haltech are you going to use?

Comment

Thanks! I can't wait aiming for a steady 400whp daily driver for 2012.

It's a Haltech Platinum Pro. (GB that PUR had)
                  1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

What offset are your wheels? They fit really well, none of that hellarice crap. What are your plans for it? Race? Drift? Drag? 500whp is a lot if you're just gunna daily it. Not saying that a daily with 500whp is a bad thing, just seems excessive. BTW, you have GTS corner lights, the GTR corners are amber.

I love the idea of a built 25, what turbo are you gunna run?

PS the front of your car looks identical to my silver one, even down to the "GREDDY" on the FMIC and cut gts bumper.
                    Last edited by A18; 12-13-2011, 12:01 AM.
                    Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by A18 View Post
                      What offset are your wheels? They fit really well, none of that hellarice crap. What are your plans for it? Race? Drift? Drag? 500whp is a lot if you're just gunna daily it. Not saying that a daily with 500whp is a bad thing, just seems excessive. BTW, you have GTS corner lights, the GTR corners are amber.

I love the idea of a built 25, what turbo are you gunna run?

PS the front of your car looks identical to my silver one, even down to the "GREDDY" on the FMIC and cut gts bumper.
                      Hey buddy, how's things?

My goals have somewhat changed to become more realistic. I'll start off with a 350-400hp tune, and afterwards move up from there. I definitely intend to go back to the drag strip next year but I would like to start lapping too

I'm aware of my GTS corners, did I mention they were GTR somewhere?

I'm not sure of the offset on my wheels. Nothing too low that's for sure. They are 17x9.5 in the rear and 8.5 in the front.

How's the car sale? Any interested bites yet?
                      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Going good man, how about you? If you don't mind me asking, where did you get you're RB25 from and how much did it cost? I would love to put an RB25 into my silver car. We could be twins haha.

This sounds like it'll be a pretty cool build. What are your plans for suspension?

This is where you said GTS corners, just making sure you knew. It would suck if you ended up buying another set of GTS turn signals by accident.
                        Originally posted by MKIV View Post
                        I want to buy:
                        - GTR Hood
                        - Potentially a GTR grill if it's compatible with the GTS headlights?
                        - Maybe a GTR bumper depending on how the fitment will be with GTS fenders
                        - GTS Amber corner lights
                        I haven't really put much effort into selling my car since I've been too busy with school. Depending on finances, I may end up keeping it unless I can trade it for a bike. It would be fun to actaully get some track time in.

Good luck on the build, hopefully it all comes together hassle free!
                        Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by A18 View Post
                          Going good man, how about you? If you don't mind me asking, where did you get you're RB25 from and how much did it cost? I would love to put an RB25 into my silver car. We could be twins haha.

This sounds like it'll be a pretty cool build. What are your plans for suspension?

This is where you said GTS corners, just making sure you knew. It would suck if you ended up buying another set of GTS turn signals by accident.

I haven't really put much effort into selling my car since I've been too busy with school. Depending on finances, I may end up keeping it unless I can trade it for a bike. It would be fun to actaully get some track time in.

Good luck on the build, hopefully it all comes together hassle free!
                          Thanks buddy

With that said I am indeed getting amber/orange GTS corners. The reason being is I decided to keep my GTS fenders and do only the GTS hood/grille rather than the whole front end (save a lot more money and looks fine in my opinion).

Can't wait to see the difference next year!
                          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Oh so nothing major until next year, but I sold my Work rims to a friend for his 240 (personally I think they look better on his car) and picked up a set of Autostrada Modena 17" inch 3-piece wheels. I'm actually really liking them!

17x8.5 in the front
                            17x9.5 in the rear
                            +38 offset

Wish I could locate the center caps for these

1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

How much camber is that in the rear?

Comment

Working...
                              X