Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mightyrocker's R33 GTST Build!! Back again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What don't you like about the Teins? They are very appealing for their cheapness haha...

Comment

They just don't stick to the road that well vs some coilovers I had on my 32. I'm going to try and play with spring rates etc..to see if I can get them dialed. It could be because lowering it changed my suspension geometry from stock a bunch vs. changing coils from an already lowered car. Once I get rollcenter adjusters I will know more about how they're doing.
      Skyline hipster owl

Comment

So I get the new wheels and tires mounted finally...

before i did that I found out that someone had clearly lost their lugnut key and drilled out all of their lugs....
        so there was one of these on each one of the wheels.....

I took this opportunity to snag some new wheel studs and lugs

I also Got an apexi N1 catback from daryl @ rightdrive a while back and some ebay parts. heh... never took any pics for some reason but here are some internet pics of exactly what I got!

shes gonna purr!!!

Up next: a big ol' brake kit!
        Last edited by mightyrocker; 03-19-2013, 12:48 AM.
        Skyline hipster owl

Comment

Damn Kurt, I'm gonna be watching this one
          2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
          2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
          1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Project looks good thus far, always been a fan of the R33 chassis Looking forward to updates!
            waiting till the states lets me own one legally...

Comment

So I got a steering wheel (the one off my old car, it is my favorite wheel ever.

And then I started on some brakes....

I ordered the BBK for the r32 from AMS and having the brackets re-machined down to fit the slimmer r33 GTST knuckles.

You can see where I had to mill off about 12mm of material, I also had the holes drilled out to fit larger hardware.

I also had to modify and extend the dust shields to fit the larger rotors, the black around the edges is just caliper paint to keep the rust off. After a 3 hour long shim battle I got the brakes all finished

Old vs. new!

Everything good to go

That's how she sits right now, Next on the list is some engine internals! Oh, and of course way moar low!!
              Last edited by mightyrocker; 04-03-2013, 12:29 AM.
              Skyline hipster owl

Comment

Working...
              X