Putting a complete r34 gtr engine tranny and awd system in an r34 gt-t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting a complete r34 gtr engine tranny and awd system in an r34 gt-t

Ok I'm sort of new to the skyline community, i want to take the drivetrain from a r34 gtr and put it in a gt-t or other low end skyline r34 bcs the car and swap are much cheaper than buying a gtr. What are the parts I will need to do a complete drivetrain swap? (Engine, tranny, diff, etc.) I know this isn't an easy swap to do but I'm willing to do it.

I would question how much cheaper it will be once you're done but you'll need:
    The entire driveline, wiring harness', computers, the floor pan MIGHT be different to allow for the transfer case.
    There will certainly be more little bits and pieces as you go.
    Best of luck!

Comment

Thanks, what I've seen done is that they would somewhat mount the tranny and measure it out. Cut a hole in the floor where the transfer case is. Then measure out how big the bulge has to be and then modify the piece they cut out and then weld it back on.

Comment

I would be inclined to contact a wrecker in Japan and have the floor section cut out of a wrecked R34. Less messy.

Comment

just buy a r34 gtr . save u TIME and hassle honesly

865 whp RB32 , R32 GTR , THE LUCKY GTR *SUMMER DRAG BEAST*
          2013 Rams Laramie LongHorn 3500 Crew cab *Daily Driver*

Comment

The reason why I'm going this way is because the price and demand for the gtr is comstantly rising and buying the gt-t is a heck of alot cheaper. Not easier but cheaper

Comment

I know of one that was done, but cheaper to buy a GTR. Can bash the GTS floorpan into shape, as it's quite thin single piece metal. Or weld on and use a slide pull tool (used to remove dents) to pull it into shape.

Also you can remove transfer case internals, cut off the transfer case and run it rwd. JGTCC, SuperGT racecars were rwd, not 4wd. RB26 can run 2wd or 4wd sump with custom pickup to suit 2wd sump (Nismo used to sell a rwd sump conversion kit, but not sure if they still do).
              Last edited by Skym; 08-14-2013, 09:41 PM.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

buy an r34 GT-FOUR, this will straight bolt a gtr engine and gearbox in. It is near imposable to fit the 4wd system into a rwd skyline as its not the floor you need to cut to fit the transfer case in, it will be the chassis rails. the chassis rails on the 4wd version have the right side chassis rail way closer to the body sill.

Comment

Not all the GTRs are coming out of auction at $30k, you can be landed at $20k if you aren't too picky about condition. That doesn't mean the car is a total roach, it just means that the foo foo purists don't want it. Sucks to be them.

Way better off buying a GTR of lesser quality.

Jon.
                  Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

have to agree with all of the above. Also, if the day ever comes that you want to sell your car, a GTR will certainly bring more money.

Best of luck to you though

Comment

save all yo pennys wait for the right time to buy an 34 man i have to agree with all above way less headache..

Comment

Working...
                      X