No announcement yet.

RB25DET build slowly but surely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright! It's great to be back and finally updating my build I had lots going on lately, renewed my vows, got jumped and got my body pretty badly broken. Thankfully I have a great wife and friends to get me through the hard times. So any who back to business.

After doing lots of research and taking the shops advice I've finally figured out what to add to my build.

Microtech ECU
    725 ID injectors
    Turbo smart wastegate
    Turbo smart bov
    Water meth injection

Pretty much after I get these goodies in I'll take some pictures and start pulling my rb20 out and throwing in my new rb25
    Last edited by Just_Chris; 08-10-2014, 04:36 AM.

Comment

O geez I also forgot I purchased Tomei oil gallery's, extended crank collar, new oem oil pump, and water pump. I'll post pics in a couple of weeks once everything arrives at the shop
      Last edited by Just_Chris; 11-17-2014, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Update
        Unfortunately I won't have any pics until the engine is completed and in. But the block and the crank just came back from the shop. The crank has it's new collar on, and the block has been decked and honed. My RB20det is now on its way out, and looks like I have already found a buyer which happened really fast . As for the cheap top mount mani, I really do appreciate everyone's opinions on it, and yes it is a bit of a crap shoot. Someone I know of has already proven it can hold 600hp so hopefully mine will last until I can replace it with the 6boost. If I do how ever have any troubles with it I will definitely let everyone know

Comment

Here's a little update, I know in my previous post I mentioned that I had my block honed And decked. We'll that was what I had planned. The machine shop working on my block explained that my block was too out of spec to just hone and drop in my 86mm cp pistons, so I had to bore 2 over. I was able to get new cp pistons but then I had another problem with 2 out of 6 pistons being way out of spec. After dealing with this mix up my mechanic went ahead and just picked up Weisco pistons instead. These new pistons were able to be fitted with no problem. Heres a couple pics of the block

Comment

The day finally came. The car is finished and now in its break in. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. All I have to say at this point is my r32 is a completely different car

Comment

Here's a few pictures, sorry about the quality and angles but I'm a car enthusiast, not a photographer

Comment

Working...
              X