Addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
    Looks great Terry!!! X2 for Super Clean. I use it often and love it.
    Thanks Rob, I used it on the wheels too, took the grime off instantly with a quick rub from white scotch brite pad.

Took off the wiper arms and hood prop today and have them a sand. A fresh coat of flat black and they look brand spanky new!

I have a couple of chips in various places around the car where you can see the grey primer, so that's the next job with a touch up pen.

Also thibking about having a small write-up about skylines posted on the window during the car show...... And ideas /thoughts about what I should include?

I'm like an alcoholic when it comes to this car, can't stop thinking about it, It feels like I need it to survive. I had put in soooo many years of research and searching for the right one. This purchase was such a rush and worry for me since I couldn't see the car being 4 provinces away ,but after Andrey gave his blessing once we checked her out on his hoist.... It all came together. I'm so lucky to get such a clean stock example of a R33.
    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Addiction

Broooooo! You got a minty R33...remember when i was pulling it in the shop and said how smooooth your tranny was???? Better than mine??? And an S2 Yea! You got a minty one! F Ing jealous still !!! Enjoy man!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by 99_SI; 08-04-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

So I put my darling away for the winter to day

Since she's in, I thought it would be a good time to stay fixing some minor things I didn't do over the summer. The lh mirror wouldn't fold, so I started taking it apart to investigate!

Once I had it part I checked the brass contacts for the position circuit under the pcb, and found that the little plastic tabs had broken off that holds the contact in place. So I mixed some epoxy and glued it back in place.

Put it back together and Volia!

Beats buying another mirror for $80!

Next is to swap the stock wheels and fix the curb rash on the ssr's from the previous owner

After that; replace stock speakers, new brake pads and I may tackle the clutch/trans fluid. Then save up more money and get go fast parts!

Comment

Addiction

So started taking a few things off today. Stock wheels are on now so I can get the tires off the wheels to refinish them.

Safe to say I had some fun the last day I had her out

and getting ready for intercooler

I Have the knight racer lip removed to fix some Chips and trim the openings( don't like how small they make it)

Not much of an update but parts will soon be coming, think my Freddy intake plenum will be here soon.
          Last edited by future_R34; 11-03-2014, 05:28 PM.

Comment

can I interest you with Series 2 Sedan fogs? pm if interested for details

As shown here.. http://www.street-cover.com/feature/r-dirty-three

I sold my 2DR so no longer have a USE for this..
            Last edited by flipridah17; 11-03-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Addiction

So as I wait for some parts to show up I'm trying to decide on a top-mount set up.
              I won't be able to purchase untill later next summer because I'm saving up for a link pnp g4+ ecu.

Anyway, I'm thinking about a hx35 and some kind of twin scroll manifold. I can get a holset for around $800 with a 12cm housing, then a top mount for $4-500. Get a down pipe made and two wastegates and some other small bits then I'm ready for tuning. Anyone have good luck with holsets? Hp goal is eventually 450.

There are a lot of other mods as well; fpr,pump, wideband, ebc.....you get the idea lol
              Last edited by future_R34; 12-01-2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Addiction

Small update. Financial issue and my house have depleted the car fund... Lol. So no big goodies this year. I do however have a few small things to do.
                Bought this at rockauto.com. Great price and good reviews, keep in mind I'm still stock power.

Here are the other goodies. New speakers!
                Started the doors first. Pulled out the woofer and then installed the new one, than mounted the tweeter. Used all factory mounting.... So it was pretty easy. I'm also going to remove the speaker cover and install the factory one again... For two reasons; keep the factory look which is better than the pioneer ones and less of a risk of break-in. Thieves love cars that look like lots of money in stuff.

Then the drivers door

Here are the back two speakers, have to remove the back seats for this.

Use proper crimps when joining wires, not twist and tape!!!!
                Two new ones in and wired up.

And a little vid. Don't make fun please, I'm from the east coast, I always talk like this...... Hahaha.
                Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Subs are needed for sure if your an audiophile like me, but that's for another day. Once I confirm everything is working, I have to install everything again. When the weather gets warmer here I'll tackle the clutch tranny/ diff/ engine oil change.
                Hope you all like. Nothing fancy, just some simple mods to make me love my car just another bit more.

Last edited by future_R34; 04-19-2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I took the hoonagin plunge and fitted a Bee R limiter to the car...... Played with it for a few mins made some backfire and pops, then the exhaust tone became quiet. Went for a quick drive and couldn't reach full boost ad the car wouldn't even break the back tires free.

Upon further investigation, my resonator was bent where the exhaust enters and exits. Brought the car to my buddy at his garage and we both decided to cut the resonator out. And it was a good idea too!

Seems the bee r caused an atom bomb inside this animal, lol. New 3" pipe welded in and she's back to the great car it was before!
                  As for the rev limiter, I may just leave it for those random times when you want to be a hoon.

Comment

May I suggest the use of High density fiber board and sound deadening material on the door or rear parcel shelf?. You'll find it improves the sound quality noticeably. The sound deadening material (Dynamat) will reduce the "tininess" of the sheet metal and help prevent rattles.
                    I prefer to solder rather than crimp connectors because I've seen many cases where the person crimped too hard and almost severed the wires or not hard enough causing an intermittent connection. Also I've seen crimps get corroded causing problems.

Please be careful with how often you use your rev limiter. It has been said many times that not only is it hard on internals (our oil pumps in particular) but causes premature failure of turbos.

Keep up the nice work! Hopefully we'll see you out this way sometime if us east coasters can ever get together.
                    Last edited by bobbo; 06-18-2015, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Addiction

Thanks Rob, The limiter is a junk box I know all about it, I just had it for fun on autox days.
                      If I had money to burn I would most definitely use the best and install the best but, unfortunately i can't afford so this works just fine, wanted a stereo I could actually listen to instead of the dry rotted factory junk.

Last edited by future_R34; 06-18-2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Good read man, keep it up. Looks really clean!
                        91'- GTR - SOLD
                        94'- GTR

Comment

Addiction

Tried my hand at auto slalom this weekend! First time ever and first time with my skyline, it was a blast. But it also opened my eyes to where it's weak- so handling mods are next before power!
                          I was very sloppy and lost it in the last corner of the course, hit 2 cones(4sec penelty) and finished at the end of the group with a time of 77.626 seconds (22.216 behind 1st) two big factors, my crap tires and my lack of experience in this type of driving skills. I had 3 other runs that were great but, unfortunately I missed a slight turn through one set of cones before the stop box ending up DNF. If it wasn't for that I could have had a time of approx 63 seconds! Ugh lol
                          I have height adjustable coil-overs now(Same as bobbo's I believe) and I think my next route should be sway bar or adjustable suspension arms? And what's a good track tire I can use with the factory wheels?

Last edited by future_R34; 06-21-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Addiction

Small update:

Got an RB20 wastegate from a member here and finally got around to installing it!

Rb20 on bottom, rb25 on the top
                            Not much to see, but buy using this and running without the factory boost control, I'm basically running wastegate spring pressure approx 10psi.
                            Took car for a quick run, can see a small rise in boost on the factory gauge and car seems to pick up tiny bit faster😋
                            Nothing crazy but a lot of uk guys were doing this with good luck so I figured I would give it a try.

Last edited by future_R34; 10-19-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I love the pic of tire smoke and C-GERI in the back ground. Blow that pic up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                                I love the pic of tire smoke and C-GERI in the back ground. Blow that pic up!!!
                                Ya it's one of my favourites! Wish we had events like that here more often, so much fun

Comment

Working...
                                X