No announcement yet.

Project: Ultimate Response GTS-T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I know I gotta fix it, they were on my defunct skyline file server. EDIT:Fixed

On a side note, I got my car on track today for the first time since May, and Man was it fun ! the stock turbo is a tad bit more responsive compared to my HKS. but runs out of breath above 6000... a bit less top end too. BTW it's running at a steady 0.8 peaking at 0.9 bar.

I did manage to pop a hose from the turbo outlet on the 1st lap, got out and put it back on Tightly, and everything was fine.

I held on to an Lexus IS-F for quite a few laps.

man it felt good to have brakes compared to the Subaru or my dads cars which I both drove this summer on the Autodrome st-eustache track.

I was considering buying new pads as my Hawk HP+ were almost gone. as I was taking out the empty boxes I had lying around for the past year, I found an un-empty Hawk box.

so I put it in my big bag of stuff to bring back to the appartment and BEHOLD! a sealed pack of front Hawk HP+ WOO HOO !

I probably bought them last year and I forgot about this year with all the other stuff going on!! yesss
    Marc-André
    _________
    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
      Thats incredible.. i'll definitely have to look into this as i have a spare rb20 turbo laying around from my parts car. Would definitely be more advantageous, in my opinion, then having to deal around the lag of a larger, more powerful turbo.. Where is this possible to get done? I'm not very familiar with anyone in Montreal, rather, Canada, that deals with turbo rebuilds. And cost wise, is it an advantage?
      Thanks for the reply Skym

Klys must have an idea!
      actually I do have a name or two. just got to make sure I spell them right
      Marc-André
      _________
      2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

If you run a HKS or Garrett adjustable internal wastegate actuator on the rebuilt RB20 turbo + electronic boost controller + ECU retune, should get a rebuilt RB20 turbo to spool up earlier.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Also for a GT2871R turbo onto T3 RB20DET flange -

You need the "T3 Turbine Inlet Flange, 5 bolt T3/T4 Ford Style Discharge for internal or external wastegate use" or second housing from top in above link.

Then you buy the "swingvalve assembly" (bolt on) -

Advanced Tuning Products or ATP Turbo offers aftermarket turbo solutions and engine tuning accessories for high performance cars.

Then make a custom dumppipe to suit. It clicked when they said the "swingvalve assembly" fits on the "T3 Turbine Inlet Flange, 5 bolt T3/T4 Ford Style Discharge for internal or external wastegate use" that works with GT2871R turbo.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Well I got my turbo rebuilt!

Here are a few before and after shots

AND AFTER!

here's what the Blaast performance told me:
            It seems I was missing a ball, from the ball bearing, and the oil seal was done for. So mucho oil was coming in the intake manifold.

My theory on the over boosting is that the oil fumes didn't burn in the cylinder, but probably in my exhaust manifold, which in turn did like an antilag.. providing more boost.

Also, he ported the wastegate hole to provide more volume evac if needed.

AND he put in ceramic ball bearings!! it seems it will bring spool down by 500RPM!!

can't wait to see that!
            Marc-André
            _________
            2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

Wow that's bad@ss man. Good stuff!
              Post his contact info as i'd like to see about hi-flowing my neo 6 turbo next winter!
              Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
              www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
              Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
              Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

sweet, will it run this summer ? :P
                sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

of course! I plan on installing it next week

Genuine OEM turbochargers of all brands and models. Garrett, borgwarner kkk, Holset, IHI, continental, MHI, we carry and service all of them. VSR balancing.

514-913-2146
                  Marc-André
                  _________
                  2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

This account has been suspended.
                    Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources.
                    Hmm seems like a pretty legit company.. LOL!

Good stuff. Get that car running, we all need to meet up some time.

Comment

hihi yeah I saw that yesterday.. seems to be up and running now
                      Marc-André
                      _________
                      2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

Well, I removed the stock GTS-T turbo, to put my rebuilt HKS back in. but first I decided to to see if the manifold and turbine inlet needed a little port to optimize the flow.

well two things were discovered:
                        1- yes theres a lot of beef that can be ported compared to the gasket... around 1/8 to 1/4"

and two this:

as some of you might notice it is a divided manifold... dunno if it's stock... but it was on my car.

but the major problem is that it as a effin crack in it!!!

so my inspection lead to this finding out I had a crack manifold.. the crack is about 1.5" long and is from inside to outside

that the good part, me finding I had a crack

the bad part is that 1 of the 12 exhaust studs that broke into the head > *cry*

(-,_,-)

I have a new stock manifold on the way

just need to order an exhaust gasket
                        Marc-André
                        _________
                        2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

good thing you found that crack before it led to any other (worst) problem
                          sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Enlarging ports on exhaust manifold, matching turbo to exhaust manifold (using gasket as guide) on RB25DET engine seems to make engine rev quicker, more wheelspin and can run 4 degrees less ignition timing for same rwhp and 15% less duty cycle on boost controller.

I hear Nismo does this to N1 exhaust manifolds on RB26, so above reasons could be why they do it. I think Mines do the same thing.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Damn, at least you noticed the crack..
                              I have a manifold if you need!! I really should bump my FS thread for my RB20 motor that's just sitting around collecting dust.. If you still need it, or want one sooner, let me know!

As for the gasket matching; i did that on mine before putting it back into the car.. However, as you all know, i havent really been able to test the car to its max potential as everything seems to be exploding lol.

There may be (might be different for you) 2 ports on the engine side of the manifold that can matched as well.. For me anyways, it was the 2 closest to the firewall.. They were off as much as 2 mm.. I also stuffed the exhaust ports and went for the matching on the head as well. Cleans up really nice, and as Skym mentioned and many others as well, there seems to be a noticeable gain in terms of power and efficiency.. I can imagine an RB20 would benefit a lot more from something like this..

Comment

Hey i have one of those if it's for the rb25 and its in good condition. Will give you a great deal on it!
                                Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Working...
                                X