Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, taping my coils hasn't done it either so thats one more checkmark on the list =/
    Now to find an igniter pack to borrow/buy to test with
    Rusty 240sx 1JZ project.

Comment

Lol I would lend you mine but might be pointless

Comment

Does anybody know what to use to replace the knock sensor/compatible part?
        Rusty 240sx 1JZ project.

Comment

Woot! woot! Fixed my hesitation and it was simpler than you would think now I'm not sure if this would be your problem but I had the exact same symptoms ( just randomly go dead for Like 5 or 6 seconds and then just spring back to life like nothing was wrong) I was driving along yesterday and it started to do it again but then slowly got worse and worse. Then all of a sudden it felt like an intercooler pipe had fallen off ( wouldn't go past 3 grand and running rich) so I checked all my pipes and all was fine and tight. It was idling high as well but when I shook my Maf on the top the idle went back to normal. And it was fine again. Drove it a while and did the exact same thing. So I popped the hood and went right for the clip that connects my Mac and jiggled it. BAM!! Perfect again. So when I got home I took the intake apart and got the mafs off and inspected the connections and turns out one of the pins was very dirty, plus the clip wasn't even clicking into place properly so I cleaned off the connections with some carb cleaner (all I had worked great though) oh and by the way I did pull apart my mafs to solder the connections since I had them off and redid one but it still looked perfect but I wanted to do it anyway since I have never done it yet. But I'm pretty well positive it was just the dirty contact point and possibly the looseish clip. I also put a couple zip ties around the clip till I find a better solution and cleaned off the Maf itself again with carb cleaner. And now she purrs and I put 250 clicks on it with no signs of hesitation at all hope this helps someone I know it sounds too simple a fix but it makes sense if you think about it. Bad electrical conductivity would intermittently send a weak signal or short it out altogether. And no I don't care about my poor punctuation so bite me

Comment

Does a little dance.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

hmmmm... i briefly glanced at the connector last time i took it off. ill have to check it again then.
              Rusty 240sx 1JZ project.

Comment

i sprayed my MAF connector and it is still happening... When i get my new daily driver im going to pull apart all my connectors and spray em down.
                Rusty 240sx 1JZ project.

Comment

Ya as long as they look clean and the clip is tight should be good but ya not guaranteed to be your problem obviously but mine seems to be fixed now went to Calgary and back with no issues. Hope you get it figured out soon too.

Comment

well its not really hesitating now BUT now on my way home last night from a longer drive i stopped at an intersection and my car sounded like a subaru haven't checked it today yet

EDIT - so, looks like my headgasket blew saturday night. FML, at least its not hesitating now *extreme sad face*
                    Last edited by johnZ32; 06-20-2011, 07:38 PM.
                    Rusty 240sx 1JZ project.

Comment

Ah that's brutal. Do you have a lot of mileage on your engine? Or did you over boost? Overheat?

Comment

Aiy I am also having woes. The hesitation started off as a stumble, but it's gotten significantly worse over time. Sprayed the MAFs once, seemed to help, 2 weeks later hesitation came back. Cleaned it again but this time it had no affect. I upgraded to Yellowjacket coilpacks and the problem persists. I'm currently sourcing parts to change both MAFs, change the air intake from panel filter to cone filter, and replacing the fuel filter. Hopefully that will fix it.

I also encountered another problem last night. My tach needle was getting stuck at 2200 rpm even though the engine was revving. So when it unstuck itself, I went for a run to see if the needle reading was off. It was a semi-hard run to get the car up the rev range, but on my way back from the run the exhaust temp light came on for a minute before it went away. My heart freaking sank. So this morning I run the car, and now I can hear a very pronounced rapid ticking, like the lifters or something. My car used to have this sound, but it was much more quiet. I recall hearing the same sound on other GTRs when we had a meet. Maybe because I'm more paranoid about my motor now that I'm hearing more things?

Comment

I don't know man my head ticks quite a bit. Pretty sure it's normal though. But I'm sure if the sound of your engine changed all together then obviously something could be up. Have u resoldered your mafs? I'm positive that this intermittent hesitation that we are (I was, still perfect) experiencing is an electrical connection issue if it was mechanical it wouldn't be so erratic.

Comment

Originally posted by kelaog View Post
                            3.) Try resetting your ECU --Always start with the cheapest fixes first, and work from there. To do this simply take your negative battery terminal off and step on the brake for about half a minute.
                            my car was fluctuating at idle from 500 rpm to 1100 rpm only once in a while, i reset my ecu and now when i start my car it wants to idle at like 100 rpm and wants to die. help?
                            Last edited by jinglebell17; 06-30-2011, 06:10 PM.
                            WTB: GTR front fenders and indicators

1987 RX7 Turbo II
                            1990 Fairlady Z Version S

1991 Skyline GTS-t Type M

Comment

did you check your TPS voltage?
                              Rusty 240sx 1JZ project.

Comment

Originally posted by johnZ32 View Post
                                did you check your TPS voltage?
                                i did. and it was only reading numbers from 3, 4, 5 and 0 sometimes.

anyways my car seems like its running how it did before we reset the ECU (idling as low as 500rpm and as high as 1100rpm) so ill just worry about it later lol
                                WTB: GTR front fenders and indicators

1987 RX7 Turbo II
                                1990 Fairlady Z Version S

1991 Skyline GTS-t Type M

Comment

Working...
                                X