Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll check the TPS this weekend. I've also got a new set of Yellow Jackets on the way, so I'll see if they help.

Comment

just fixed my hesitation... I learnt even bad coils may give good readings or they might not be strong enough to create a good spark at high boost and hence the missfiring. Testing resistance doesnt make much sense to me unless coil's completely pooched.

Replaced them with brand new yellow jackets and problem fixed. It's worth spending a few bills on new coils and then go from there.

Comment

I just installed my Yellow Jackets, but the hesitation is still there. And now my car is blubbering like a Harley - one of my coils may not be firing. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Edit: The #6 connector was loose - the blubbering is now fixed, but the high-boost stutter/extreme hesitation is still present

Comment

Originally posted by SVTong View Post
          I just installed my Yellow Jackets, but the hesitation is still there. And now my car is blubbering like a Harley - one of my coils may not be firing. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Edit: The #6 connector was loose - the blubbering is now fixed, but the high-boost stutter/extreme hesitation is still present
          ever changed your Fuel filter?? Its possible you're not getting enough fuel on high boost.. I had this problem turned out to be a plugged fuel filter.. I couldn't blow air thru from the inlet to outline side of the filter.. Infiniti J30 fuel filter is a direct replacement on rb26dett. Change it anyways if you havent.

Comment

Fuel filter sovled the problem! Thanks everyone!

Comment

cheers mate I solved my overboosting problem.. Previous owner had the boost controller hooked incorrectly. It does take a while to get everything working rite after you buy a Skyline straight from Japan. They sell it for a reason.(most of the time)

Comment

dont mean to waken the dead..but im having bad hesitiation when i first hit the gas at low RPMs. then all of a sudden it will shoot off...i know that theres time between when you hit the gas and your turbo will spool...
                92 GTS-T Sold
                98 Acura 1.6 EL

Originally posted by zrex
                the front end looks like one of those big no tooth, backwood redneck grins.

Comment

I get the same thing, but only if I've been in stop-and-go (deadlocked) traffic for a while. It's gotten so bad that the car has died on me once. It was almost like the car ran out of gas - even though it was half full. I had to wait for over an hour for the car to cool down before I could start it again.

Comment

hmm..ive had almost that problem when cold..going down a hill near the end when i would downshift ..once i clutched it..i would stall rolling down the hill as if out of gas
                    92 GTS-T Sold
                    98 Acura 1.6 EL

Originally posted by zrex
                    the front end looks like one of those big no tooth, backwood redneck grins.

Comment

Originally posted by kelaog
                      4.) Try adjusting your Throttle position sensor(TPS). ... You want to look under that box, you'll see three wires connecting to your TPS. Your going to want to tap into the middle wire. ... Now if you see your voltage above .5 you're going to want to reduce it to under. I would go .48 to be safe. If it is above this you will have hesitation problems with the throttle as it starts throwing bad codes. ... Do this until you're around .48~.49.
                      My R33 GTST didn't have a hesitation, but it actually idles better after adjusting the tps down to .48 volts (from .53), and it feels a little bit more responsive when driving as well.
                      So thanks a lot, makes my car a bit more enjoyable than it already was

By the way, is this the same for R32/R33/R34 GTST?
                      And how about GTR's, never been wrenching under the hood of one yet, but I take it they have a tps as well...
                      Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
                      1993 Nissan Skyline GTS25T
                      Giant Dutch dude

Comment

Thanks so much for the very informative post! I went through a number of the steps and had mixed results. Cleaning the MAF and re-soldering the connections really helped with some of the idle hunting issues I had been having. I am in the process of cleaning my coils and I will also check their impedance once I put my car in my shop for the winter.
                        However, what [I]really fixed my hesitation issues (much to my dismay) was a simple fix....

*Make sure [B]every time you work on your car, you double check that you have re-tightened ALL of your hose clamps!!*

I made the mistake of forgetting this simple rule a month or so ago after working on the engine and discovered today that I had forgotten to tighten 3 clamps after my IC!!! ... lets just say that I dont hesitate anymore....

Embarrassing to say the least, but some times the simplest fixes are the easiest to overlook
                        89' Nissan Skyline GTS-T
                        90' Toyota 4Runner *winter beater*

Comment

Good to hear you fixed the problem.

Also intake airleaks cause miss at idle (another symptom).
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

i worked on my car(pulled my engine) reinstsalled everything and forgot to connect the knock sensors and ran the dyno on a safe map(i fail).

Comment

Help

I'm gonna start from the top here, what could i use to check my ecu for codes?
                              I'm fairly newb, i dont even know where to find the ecu...
                              I definitely have the hesitation issue, sometimes its not so bad
                              sometimes its terrible, its not very consistent...

Comment

problemo

im working on fixing my hesitation..
                                funny thing is, before i saw this thread
                                the first thing i did was the last step...

Comment

Working...
                                X