This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...=22670-RR580US
    i know courtesy auto is not a sponsor, but this one bolts onto the stock fuel rail, and kinda overpriced as ive seen them go for less than 100USD.
    nismo FPR. set to 43.5 psi without vac and call it a day.
    fits rb20,25,and26 along with whats listed on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by boostedDET View Post
      http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...=22670-RR580US
      i know courtesy auto is not a sponsor, but this one bolts onto the stock fuel rail, and kinda overpriced as ive seen them go for less than 100USD.
      nismo FPR. set to 43.5 psi without vac and call it a day.
      fits rb20,25,and26 along with whats listed on the site.
      So you don't need to hook up the vacuum line? I could plug the line going to the intake manifold? And there is mention of an adapter on this website as well. Do I need it?

Comment

Pictures removed at posters request

Sorry Guys

Comment

woah your engine bay is super clean! Thank you for the pictures, when I get home later tonight I will add them as part of the howto

Comment

I soaked it in Armor All the night before DTP and have not looked at it since. Jason swore that it would look filthy in less than a week. But its been 2 or 3 weeks now and still going strong :-D

Thank you for the compliment though. The engine degrease cycle at the car wash does wonders to under the engine!

Comment

help me

Hey guys im kinda having the same sorta problems as you guys are having
              My engine ran perfectly last year and this summer its being a lil B*tch

The problem comes off and on, mostly when the engine is warmed up.

The car idles to about 500 Rpm. and sounds like a Harley Davidson (like a double thumping sound out of the exhaust). But even when i rev to 1000 it still sounds the same

Its really slow to accelerate but once i get going and i go to about 6000 RPM in 3rd gear the problem goes away with a huge clean boost kick, but comes right back in once i slow down.

I thought it was the MAF, i cleaned it and the problem came back a day later.
              I put 94 octane instead of 91 and reseted the ecu and the problem came back a day later.

I dont know if i am running too rich or if not enough air is coming into the engine. All i know is i feel like im driving a mustang and i hate it.

I will keep you guys posted with updates as i go down the list provided at the top of this thread.

But if you guys can help dont be shy please

Thanks
              Sky_bro 1 of 2
              \"Sky is the limit\"
              -Sky_Montana

Comment

You have a dead cylinder. Unplug the coilpacks one by one at idle until you find one that doesn't change the idle. Then you know where your problem is, it could be the injector or the ignition causing it though.
                1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
                ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

If you have disconnected your ecu lately then go back with a socket and give it a 1/4 turn of a tighten. It should smooth it right out.

If you have not played with your ecu lately then do what rock says.

Comment

?

Originally posted by rockcrete View Post
                    it could be the injector or the ignition causing it though.
                    Ya cause the problem comes on only after the engine is warmed up, onced warmed up i do crazy backfires and lose alot of gas.

!!!!
                    Sky_bro 1 of 2
                    \"Sky is the limit\"
                    -Sky_Montana

Comment

FOund the problem

Its was coil #6 tested at 0.

more expensive than a spark plug but atleast i found the problem

thanks
                      Sky_bro 1 of 2
                      \"Sky is the limit\"
                      -Sky_Montana

Comment

Originally posted by Sky_Davision
                        Its was coil #6 tested at 0.

more expensive than a spark plug but atleast i found the problem

thanks
                        ......and cheaper than having a dead cylinder with NO compression.........:-D
                        (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
                        SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
                        HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

Comment

Compatible

Does anyone know whats compatible with the coils.

I think Inifinite has a an engine that has compatible coils..??
                          Sky_bro 1 of 2
                          \"Sky is the limit\"
                          -Sky_Montana

Comment

As far as I know they are skyline specific. Most people seem to go to splitfires when their coils fail.

Comment

no, I seem to recall reading that an infiniti has the same front 3 coils (v6 turned sideways) as the skyline. But the price for one coil from nissan will be the same as all 6 splitfires. Now is a good time to upgrade

Comment

Q45 V8 coils are the same, they're around $100 a piece locally, or you can try ebay.
                                1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
                                ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

Working...
                                X