This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autobahn intake pipes...enter for a good laugh

This gave me a sneaking suspicion of what was to come...This is what the compressed air hits when entering the Y pipe.

So close.....yet so far...WTF it's 45 degree's off!!!

One bolt doesn't fit because the pipe goes over the hole. It would fit if the darn PS pump wasn't there.

Hmmmmmm what's in the way......oh yeah... you have to move your PS reservoir. And the tube off the crank case for all the oil blow by to drop back into the intake and lower the octane is about 10" away.

Solution
    1-reuse the stock pipe that attaches on the front of the rear turbo and make a new pipe

2-keep the autocrap pipe and move the PS reservoir

Anybody have any other suggestions?
    Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Can you send me pictures in detail. I will contact Autobahn88 and tell them to get better quality control. 99% of the time you they are good, but quality control is not like Japan.

I know you didn't purchase this from me but I still want them to fix there mistakes:-D
    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
    1969 Cooper S. Restored
    1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Originally posted by skylinegtr20 View Post
      Can you send me pictures in detail. I will contact Autobahn88 and tell them to get better quality control. 99% of the time you they are good, but quality control is not like Japan.

I know you didn't purchase this from me but I still want them to fix there mistakes:-D

I bought the kit from a member on here in a unopened box. I also have the intercooler pipes and the pipe that enters the intake manifold was about 10 deg's off.
      Let me know what angle of pics you want because I think the ones I posted up are pretty obvious. Just tell them to get their heads out of their ass. Now I have a car in pieces and a big headache. Maybe I can send a wrench to China and have the manager of quality control hit in the head .

Full-Race.com

Comment

Hey.. You know I can sympathize with you. I had the exact same problem.

Wait no I didn't because I bought the Greddy kit. It's really too bad they are going out of business and you can be one of those people to say YES I helped put a real Japanese tuning/performance shop out of business by buying Chineses knockoff copy cat products.
        Fraser Valley Imports
        (ENDORSED)
        We aren't just Importers, we are Owners
        I perform pre-purchase inspections, general maintenance and minor to major work. PM me for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Zulu View Post
          Hey.. You know I can sympathize with you. I had the exact same problem.

Wait no I didn't because I bought the Greddy kit. It's really too bad they are going out of business and you can be one of those people to say YES I helped put a real Japanese tuning/performance shop out of business by buying Chineses knockoff copy cat products.

Hmmmmm I bought four Greddy gauges and one gauge didn't work and two sensors were faulty right out of the box....so save your Greddy quality products speech for someone else. Donk316 had an issue with their intake pipe kit as well.
          I buy ALL other tuning parts for my GTR from reputable Japanese companies....but hard pipes are a simple shape that can be welded by anyone. If I made my own pipes would I be putting Greddy out of business...I don't think so.

Full-Race.com

Comment

Hmmmmm I bought four Greddy gauges and one gauge didn't work and two sensors were faulty right out of the box....so save your Greddy quality products speech for someone else. Donk316 had an issue with their intake pipe kit as well.
            Sorry about your luck regarding faulty guages. I have never had a problem with anything that I purchased from a authorized dealer that was produced in Japan.

but hard pipes are a simple shape that can be welded by anyone. If I made my own pipes would I be putting Greddy out of business...I don't think so.
            It just goes to show you it obviously isn't that easy look at your kit. No matter how you look at it you are supporting a company who paid maybe $ 1000 for a real Greddy kit and said let's make some money boys. Who needs R&D or test facilities, we will copy and call it a day. If you made intake piping kits by making copies Yes you would in theory be "helping" real companies go out of business.

Your pictures where a good laugh I have to give that much credit.
            Fraser Valley Imports
            (ENDORSED)
            I perform pre-purchase inspections, general maintenance and minor to major work. PM me for more information.

Comment

Sorry about your luck regarding faulty guages. I have never had a problem with anything that I purchased from a authorized dealer that was produced in Japan.
              I did buy from a authorized dealer.

If you made intake piping kits by making copies Yes you would in theory be "helping" real companies go out of business.

So if I make a car tire based on a round rubber tire I'm helping put Bridgestone out of business?
              Obviously it's not a knock off because it doesn't fit!!!

zzziiinnnggggg

Full-Race.com

Comment

was that guy a greddy rep?

I agree 100% with Jason. If greddy didnt charge an arm a leg and my first born son for a piece of pipe then maybe id buy there piping instead. Intake piping = air in... not much technology there. make own pipe? or buy a piece for much cheaper looks decent and slap it in place. Even "NAME BRAND" parts are faulty some times... quality control isnt always in place.
                Maybe we can all just pay Shops to do are work for us and just pull out the cheque book.
                Id rather try some of the other so called Chinese parts. I baught RC engineering injectors does that mean that im putting japenese brand injector companies out of buisness. they must have copied one of the brands... oh wait... now we cant use those jap brands because they copied the OEM stuff.... now its time we all dont upgrade our cars... lets keep them stock!
                I Love The HKS GTRS SHUFFLE

Comment

So if I make a car tire based on a round rubber tire I'm helping put Bridgestone out of business?
                  Obviously it's not a knock off because it doesn't fit!!!
                  You point is mundane. How can you compare producing tires that are required for every vehicle known to man kind to producing specialty products geared towards a very very small market and group of people.

I don't want to turn this into a childish battle so I wish you luck with your current or next kit and however you may solve your current issues.
                  Fraser Valley Imports
                  (ENDORSED)

Comment

Originally posted by victoriaGTR View Post
                    I baught RC engineering injectors does that mean that im putting japenese brand injector companies out of buisness. they must have copied one of the brands... oh wait... now we cant use those jap brands because they copied the OEM stuff.... now its time we all dont upgrade our cars... lets keep them stock!
                    Yes you did put Greddy out of busniness by not buying their injectors....of wait Greddy don't make their injectors.....they rebadge denso...make sure you buy Greddy spark plugs though....oh wait....I mean NGK.
                    I like how people on these Skyline forums make random banter without actually knowing what happens in real life.

Full-Race.com

Comment

Must be a cheque book tuner
                      I Love The HKS GTRS SHUFFLE

Comment

Honeslty, you buy cheap crap, what do you expect!

I agree with Zulu! There is reasons why their parts fit with less headaches.. They actually test their products, have stricter quality control, and have experienced workers... Obviously one or two bad products might slip through out of 10000 but that's normal, with anything.

I dont' think it's fair to greddy that they do all the R&D, testing, and designing, another company buys their finished product for 1000, makes what they call a replica, sell it for 100 each and mass produce it in a foreign country...Really

Comment

OK so everyone who is defending Greddy has too stop, everyone who is defending reputable aftermarket parts suppiers need too stop, and everyone saying that GREDDY AND ALL GOOD AFTERMARKET BUISNESSES PARTS FIT because they test them..........needs to stop

Answer this one than..

I bought a Full-Race Exhaust manifold, which has more hours in it than and greddy manifold, goes through more quality controll than HKS or greddy, how do I know this.... because I bought a 2,300.00 exhaust manifold for my car.. waited 5 months for it; when it arrived and time too go on the car, guess what.

Quality controll fail, too make it fit I would have had too cut my frame rail... had to cantact the company and work with them through the manifold too fix there mistake. I did get a new one and it fits flawlessly. So everyone saying that quality controll from Greddy and HKS are the best, you all fail.... and yes I have more failed parts from HKS USA, Greddy, Trust (yes same people) tomei than parts in my car....Purchased through the manufacturer so no one say "oh well maybe you should have bought straight from them" and yes I did!

so everyone stop bickering, and let Jason rant *love*

Comment

I just posted my experience with the kit....I don't really care to bicker about companies...and who's to say Greddy invented a "y" collector anyways...give me a break

....end rant.

Full-Race.com

Comment

Originally posted by kelaog View Post
                              I dont' think it's fair to greddy that they do all the R&D, testing, and designing, another company buys their finished product for 1000, makes what they call a replica, sell it for 100 each and mass produce it in a foreign country...Really
                              Thats called economics. Its not a matter of being fair or who should come out on top, businesses rise and fall, this guy would not be the turning point of a companies financial state by buying from them or not, so give him a break, contribute something productive or nothing at all. Its posts like this that make people second guess asking for help on forums like this and its a shame.

If you feel that he "betrayed" some company by not sticking to the professionals, then keep that to yourself. I'm sure there are professional mechanics and shops that think your stealing their business with your low cost "at-home mechanic shop", but no one is making a fuss, Just some food for thought.
                              “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Working...
                              X