Battery Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Type

Hey guys i know this might sound like a stupid question but i really need to know so i need a new battery for my skyline gts-t m i need to know where i can get one like canadian tire or something? what is a compatible battery for it?? please let me know what you guys use as well''

please pm me thank you

any battery works that you can fit

measure your stock one and get one thats the same size, you can fit wider ones but the height should be kept the same so you dont hit the hood and you can still use the hold down

you will need new terminals as the ones you have are too small
    Skyline hipster owl

Comment

motorcycle batteries or quad batteries are around the same size as stock

some anyways.

Comment

I would fit a slightly bigger battery with a couple more cells. Especially if you have extra devices like gauges, turbotimer, etc.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I put the Honda Civic battery from CT in mine, its nice and small. Then converted the terminal.
          Mark
          (OO\______/OO)

Comment

Originally posted by Skym
            I would fit a slightly bigger battery with a couple more cells. Especially if you have extra devices like gauges, turbotimer, etc.
            more cells means more voltage...

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
              more cells means more voltage...
              Voltage should stay the same, amperage would be the key difference here.

I went to walmart and bought the battery they had on special. It was $60 and it fit.

Stock JDM battery wasn't doing much for my stereo without the alternator helping out, and I have a habit of leaving my lights on 8)

Comment

thanks for all the replies you guys have been a big help

Comment

Originally posted by 1990tsi View Post
                  Voltage should stay the same, amperage would be the key difference here.

I went to walmart and bought the battery they had on special. It was $60 and it fit.

Stock JDM battery wasn't doing much for my stereo without the alternator helping out, and I have a habit of leaving my lights on 8)
                  no....

Each cell produces 2.1v~ naturally.
                  you add cells you add volts, 12v car batteries have 6.

Comment

Looking at the specs for the 1st battery + photo of 1st battery, it had 11 plates and had 6x filler holes. So must have been a 6 x cell / 12 volt battery.

The 2nd battery was slightly bigger (I think longer) than factory battery and from what I remember from what I was told, it had a few extra cells. Maybe the cells were bigger???

The 3rd battery (updated version of the second battery) is thinner, but I think the same length.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

no....

Correct.

Wasn't sure if we were talking about the same thing at first.

Comment

I was very surprised how small the stock batteries are...

I was wondering this too. I have a bosche that came with my car but its only marginally bigger than stock. It does die rather fast if lights are left on...

Costco has good batteries too.

Score for that battery at WalMart for 60 bux...dang thats cheap.
                        Fraser Valley Imports
                        Cars:
                        1992 GTS-t with a TD06 top mount (for sale!)
                        1992 Toyota Corolla Levin GT Apex (for sale!)
                        2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

no....

the battery is never 12v exactly a healthy batt is running from 13v to 14 maybe even 15v every battery is different
                          92,94,95 Honda Civic
                          92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
                          91 Nissan Skyline GTR
                          92,93 Nissan 180sx
                          90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
                          89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Originally posted by specialedition View Post
                            the battery is never 12v exactly a healthy batt is running from 13v to 14 maybe even 15v every battery is different
                            Battery alone is never above 12v really, It's the alternator pushing the extra voltage.

I have never in my day seen a standard 12V battery push over 12v with the car off.

Comment

Ok do you have the part number for these battery that will work< and did you need to replace the terminal on the battery or connection on your car? thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X