• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do You guys Think?

I'm in a maf dilema.lol.
    I have The RB25det built for high HP.
    I run a z32 maf and it max out on 489hp
    I run a Q45 and its even less

Now I'm told That I can run a twin maf set up Like The GTR rb26det.:-?
    I'm using a l jetro pfc
    and I'm looking for my 700hp goal
    Can any one give me a hand here.Thanks
    You Love Japan and Japan hates you.Fck JDM

Just a suggestion...

And you'll probably want this flange to install it in an aluminum housing of whatever diameter you choose...

I have one installed and running properly if you need any help wiring it in, but it is relatively simple like the older tonsil style cobra mafs.

Comment

This is the answer to my problem
      How do I make it work with the pfc?
      stock maf?
      z32 maf?
      q45 maf?
      which option do I choose on the pfc to make it work?
      Thanks man

Comment

Quite honestly i would sell the pfc ljetro and with the money buy an ecu capable of speed density, such as an aem, wolf3d, microtech, autronic etc.

Comment

Well map is the only way I know how to make high hp work.Hks is my the best for me but no tuners here.I will be runing mafs until I can find a nice deal for the hks

Comment

Any one knows how to wire a Ford Racing Lightning 90mm MAF?

Comment

Found the wiring diagram for Ford Lightening MAF on Nissan, but doesn't mention RB25DET -

In tuning software it says a Ford Lightening MAF is capable of supporting a 700hp engine. Ford Cobra MAF is capable of supporting a 500hp engine.

Ford Lightening MAF -

Supercharger repair, supercharger rebuilding, supercharger remanufacturing, reman superchargers, used superchargers, refurbished superchargers, supercharger parts

Twin Ford Lightening MAF's on GTR, 1400hp. Wow.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Thanks
                which option on the pfc do I use the ford racing lightning maf on the rb25det l jetro pfc?
                it give example me this options on the comander
                Z32
                Q45

Comment

The tuning software I looked at wasn't PowerFC tuning software.

Do you have FC Datalogit tuning software for PowerFC???

FC Datalogit tuning software for PowerFC -

FC Datalogit should allow you to adjust maps, etc that don't show up on the hand controller.

I think that software has the MAF voltage vs load table for MAF that you can custom adjust to suit the Lightening MAF.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Thanks man.I have a datalogic and
                    I already ordered the plug for the ford racing lightning maf 90mm
                    But still haven't found the ford lightning maf it self.A friend told me to get a aftermarket one.Any one know where?

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                      The tuning software I looked at wasn't PowerFC tuning software.

Do you have FC Datalogit tuning software for PowerFC???

FC Datalogit tuning software for PowerFC -

FC Datalogit should allow you to adjust maps, etc that don't show up on the hand controller.

I think that software has the MAF voltage vs load table for MAF that you can custom adjust to suit the Lightening MAF.

I believe you can adjust the maf voltage with the dataloggit software, at least i would expect it to. We used Nistune and the maf sensor in the links I posted above. Nistune has an option for the cobra maf and you can also do it manually, which still needs to be done to some extent to fine tune it... now, if only nistune had a speed density option...

A lot of folks use the older tonsil style ford maf, because they are very inexpensive... especially used. We chose the slot style ford maf because its a smaller, new part and you can put it in an appropriate sized tube according to your goals.

Regardless of what you decide to do you can get different new ford maf's from VMP tuning here is the page:

Comment

I wish I can use a 4" one since my turbo its a t78 trust.
                        The one there telling me to use its a 90mm.

My t78 sits way foward so I'm changing radiator and some other stuff.I'm going 4" intake and use a reducer to fit the 90mm maf.I have to get the plastic one right(Maf housing)?
                        Also what Color is that on your Valve colors?Gold?

Comment

Originally posted by actionbstard View Post
                          I wish I can use a 4" one since my turbo its a t78 trust.
                          The one there telling me to use its a 90mm.

My t78 sits way foward so I'm changing radiator and some other stuff.I'm going 4" intake and use a reducer to fit the 90mm maf.I have to get the plastic one right(Maf housing)?
                          Also what Color is that on your Valve colors?Gold?

the regular 90mm cobra or lightning maf is not the best maf for your 700whp goal, and running a reducer on your intake pipe isn't of any benefit either...If i could make a suggestion...have you thought about just using the upgraded PMAS HPX slot style maf, getting their aluminum flange along with it, and running it directly into your 4" intake pipe?...Put a filter on the pipe and your done...clean simple and effective. This setup is good for 750-900 whp

That color on my valve cover is a nissan gold. I can get you the paint code if you'd like.

Comment

let us know how the ku plenum and tb work out for you.
                            I have been interested in seeing someones results.

Comment

Get a Ford Racing Lightning 90mm MAF from on of the aftermarket Ford tuning companies. It's good for 800hp.

good luck,
                              Eric

This was the reply I got from Eric.Now ...Which aftermarket you were saying?I would love a 4" aluminum Maf housing,But doesn't sound like theres no proff if the 700 to 900hp will work at all?

Comment

Working...
                              X