Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a BOV flange

Hey guys,

i mounted up my intercooler today, Unfortunitly i cannot use my blitz super sound bov with the piping so i am using my stock one for now, My stock bov is fluttering at a whopping 8 pounds. What flange adapter do i need to buy so i can mount the blitz onto the oem L pipe to replace the oem bov.

Thanks
    92,94,95 Honda Civic
    92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
    91 Nissan Skyline GTR
    92,93 Nissan 180sx
    90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
    89 Nissan Silvia

I would think the flutterdump is caused by no boost feed (small hole next to main valve is blocked off) that makes the stock BOV quick release. Blocking the small hole makes stock BOV not leak, but causes flutterdump at lower boost levels, loads.

I gather you need a weld on flange for Blitz BOV?

There are different types like steel, aluminium (depends on if the pipes are steel or aluminium) -

Looks like this after it's welded on -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Skym,

The small hole you talk up is that the vacuum hose the goes from the BOV into the small metal Piping?

Also is there any Flange adapters that would go from the Oem Flange onto something like you just linked me to?

Thanks
      92,94,95 Honda Civic
      91 Nissan Skyline GTR
      92,93 Nissan 180sx
      89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

If you pull the stock BOV off the intakepiping and look at the bottom of stock BOV, you'll see the main valve and small hole next to main valve. That's the small hole I'm talking about. That is the boost feed to lower part of BOV.

Oh, so it's not a weld on flange. I think you need a Mitsubishi flange (stock BOV is made by Mitsubishi, as there is a Mitsubishi logo on it).

Like this flange for Blitz SS BOV-

RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Yes thats the flange im talking about, Once tomorrow morning ill pull the bov if i cant fix the problem then ill pick up one of those.

Thanks, Skym
          92,94,95 Honda Civic
          91 Nissan Skyline GTR
          92,93 Nissan 180sx
          89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

With this Talon stock Mitsubishi BOV mod, you can make the boost feed adjustable for quick realease or anti leak -

It also shows the hole I'm talking about.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

i bought a mitsubishi bov flange from z-tune when i installed my synapse in factory location, works great

Comment

J-ran saw my nice 1/4" flange on sunday, with no holes because blow off valves are way overrated.

Comment

J-ran, any leaking from flange, etc, as I'm thinking of getting a Synapse / Synchronic BOV to replace the flutterdumping stock BOV???
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Ok so i removed the stock bov and saw that the hole was not blocked i stuck a pin in it just to be sure. I pressed on the main valve and it seemed very difficult to push up, is it possible that the owner before me changed the spring so it could handle more load?
                    92,94,95 Honda Civic
                    91 Nissan Skyline GTR
                    92,93 Nissan 180sx
                    89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

It should take a lot of force to push, vacuum assists in opening the valve when you go off throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                        J-ran, any leaking from flange, etc, as I'm thinking of getting a Synapse / Synchronic BOV to replace the flutterdumping stock BOV???
                        works good so far

Comment

I ran into the same issue when trying to mount my Blitz SS BOV.. I ended up buying this flange http://cgi.ebay.com/SKYLINE-GTST-ADA...3A1%7C294%3A50

Once I received the flange I bolted directly on the mount where the stock BOV was. Lower the hood slowly as the Blitz BOV may sit too high and rub the hood. I had a machinest take 1/4 inch off the bottom of the flange and it works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by specialedition View Post
                            Hey guys,

i mounted up my intercooler today, Unfortunitly i cannot use my blitz super sound bov with the piping so i am using my stock one for now, My stock bov is fluttering at a whopping 8 pounds. What flange adapter do i need to buy so i can mount the blitz onto the oem L pipe to replace the oem bov.

Thanks
                            are you sure you connected the hose from the top of the BOV to the vaccum port on the intake manifold?

if you leave that unhooked the BOV will not open at all.

Comment

Originally posted by love_boost View Post
                              are you sure you connected the hose from the top of the BOV to the vaccum port on the intake manifold?

if you leave that unhooked the BOV will not open at all.
                              I put the vacuum hose back on just how i took it off. The Bov just flutters nothing more then that. This is really frustrating because i cant even drive my car properly driving without boost sucks
                              92,94,95 Honda Civic
                              91 Nissan Skyline GTR
                              92,93 Nissan 180sx
                              89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Working...
                              X