Bee R Rev Limiter Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee R Rev Limiter Install

Anyone have a manual or guide to install this? I picked it up used and didnt come with anything other than the computer and wires :P

Edit-- RB20DET

Here you go, hope this helps.

Comment

search it does wonders

Comment

dont use it too much unless you like replacing turbos
        '91 skyline gtst

Comment

Did this write up my self a last summer.

WARNING: I will NOT be held responsible for any malfunction, damage, etc. that may occur as a result of any errors made while attempting the install or use of the Bee*R Rev Limiter product. I am simply providing a step-by-step guide for reference. I have completed the install myself and it has worked very well for me. Use this install guide at your own risk.

Project Information:
          Estimated Install Time - 30min
          Difficulty (out of 5) - 2/5 (Fairly easy)

Tools/Supplies Needed:
          -Connectors (supplied with Bee*R unit), or you can use solder if you wish.
          -Electrical tape.
          -Wire cutters.
          -Wire strippers.
          -Needle nose pliers.
          -Adequate light source.

Wires on Bee*R Unit / Purpose:
          Red - +12V Power (Switched)
          Black - Chassis ground (or in this case, ECU ground)
          Yellow - 1 Degree Crank Angle Sensor Position
          Green - 120 OR 180 Degree Crank Angle Sensor Position
          White - Activates "REV2" option, either when white wire is grounded or can be used as launch control when spliced into handbrake wire.

WIRE LOOPS on Bee*R Unit:
          Brown Loop: Leave this wire intact.
          Grey Loop: All 4 cylinder engine owners are to cut this wire and insulate either end after cutting, this is for 4 cylinder engine operation.
          White Loop: Newer Bee*R units come with the white loop, cut this loop and insulate either end of the wire if you do not want to use the "launch control" feature.

Potential Problems Which May Be Encountered:

Problem: Car Will Not Start!
          Solution: Green and Yellow wires are reversed. Switch the green wire to the ECU wire which the yellow wire was connected to and the yellow wire to the ECU which the green wire was connected to. Car will then start.

Procedure:
          1 - Disconnect battery for safety reasons.
          2 - Locate & unmount ECU.
          3 - Mount Bee*R Rev Limiter.
          4 - Run wire through interior panels and make sure the wire ends are close to the ECU unit and are easy to work with, make sure they have a fair bit of slack.
          5 - Connect wires like so (FOR RB20DET ENGINES ONLY, others may differ):
          BLACK WIRE ON Bee*R Unit (Function: Ground) ---> Splice to ECU wire from PIN#50 (Function: Ground)
          RED WIRE ON Bee*R Unit (Function: +12V Switched) ---> Splice to ECU wire from PIN#49 (Function: +12V Switched)
          GREEN WIRE ON Bee*R Unit (Function: 120Degree Signal) ---> Splice to ECU wire from PIN#41 (Function: 120Degree Signal)
          YELLOW WIRE ON Bee*R Unit (Function: 1Degree Signal) ---> Splice to ECU wure from PIN#42 (Function: 1Degree Signal)
          6 - USE ELECTRICAL TAPE TO COVER & INSULATE ALL ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS!
          7 - Reconnect battery.
          8 - Start vehicle, turn the "GAIN" dial on Bee*R unit to "1", if vehicle stalls, the Yellow and Green wires from the Bee*R unit are reversed, switch green wire to where yellow is and yellow wire to where the green was, vehicle should then start.
          9 - TEST UNIT LIKE SO: Set Bee*R Limiter "REV 1" to #2 and the "GAIN" to #9, hit the throttle for 3 seconds, vehicle will hit and bounce off the Bee*R's set limit.
          10 - Remount ECU and reinstall all interior panels.
          11 - Enjoy your new Bee*R Rev Limiter Unit

....possible sticky ???
          1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
          1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

DO NOT SET the gain to low unless you like a screwed motor!

these do not do wonders for your engine in the wrong hands.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the Insight. Ill be doing it in about a week after my water pump is done.

Comment

love_boost, I didn't say to set the gain to 1 for driving, I said set the gain to "1" merely for testing purposes to see if the yellow & green wires were reversed, if so, when you set the gain to anything but 0, the car will stall.

I said right below to set gain to 9.
                1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

Originally posted by ARC240 View Post
                  love_boost, I didn't say to set the gain to 1 for driving, I said set the gain to "1" merely for testing purposes to see if the yellow & green wires were reversed, if so, when you set the gain to anything but 0, the car will stall.

I said right below to set gain to 9.
                  lol no i was just talking from personal expeirience, i had a friend have the gain horribly set and yeah...

sorry man ill be honest i didnt really read your post i just thought i would throw it in there just incase, wasnt calling you out or anything that was a good write-up

Comment

Woops lol, slight misinterpretation, my mistake. Sorry dude .

If anyone has any questions with regards to this install, do not hesitate to PM me, I'll be glad to lend any help.
                    1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

i've got a question. i've been thinking about picking one of these units up. do i want one? do i need one? i'm practically mexican so the idea of flames out the back gets me excited (just like spinners and musical horns). so should i have one? what are the benefits to my Lucy?
                      I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

i think they are great, just in the wrong hands can do lots of damage.
                        it really helps for launch control and no lift shifts, it takes the lag away from 1st to second gear.

Comment

Probably not good on stock R32 engine (oilpump drive failure). Might get away with it on stock R33GTR, R34GTR engines.

Bee-R Rev limiter on R32 GTR (I presume with rebuilt engine) -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

i think as long as you have the gain set so the rpms dont fluctuate that much there shouldnt be much of a shock load on the oil pump. also having the gain set bad can take your rings and pistons out.

Comment

so what should the gain me set at if your running one of these? plus how does it damage your pistons/rings

Comment

Working...
                              X