No announcement yet.

Bee R Rev Limiter Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you have the gain set i think to low it pops really loud and shoots big flames, but i think it is really hard on the pistons/ rings, maybe predetonation. my buddy had his set real funny it would limit at 30 and drop to 1800rpm then to 3 again, which isnt good.

i think you need to have the gain set fairly high (so rpms dont fluctuate as much) to be safe.

Comment

oh, so it'll match the engine to tranny speeds faster than if you just kick in the clutch and wait for the engine to slow down when you're shifting up? that's pretty cool.
      but with all these points of it being hard on your engine maybe that's not the way for me. thanks for the input guys!
      I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

i didnt mean ot like that, it can be bad for the engine just use it wisely and odnt abuse it to get the huge 7ft flames.

i know another guy that had his installed for years and nothing happened to date. but they can be hard if you dont have it set proper.

Comment

meh, i'm not desperate for a hardcore drag car, just a SUPAR AWESOMEZ FAST SKYRINE
          I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Hey i have a rb25det. I hook up the power and the ground and the other crank sensors. but i get no power to the bee*r. i disconnected the crank sensor and touched it to the crank wire and it blinks just for a quick second and shuts off. so ive determined that there is power to the unit. dose anyone know exactly which wires are the crank sensors on the rb25det ecu. i am pretty sure that the pinout diagram for the rb20det is diffrent and i cant seem to find one that works for the rb25det. any pinouts that work or pics of the wire that were used on the rb25det would be awesome. Thanks

Comment

may be a bad ground, from what i know the only things different on a Rb25 ecu is the injector pins.
              if you can start your car with it hooked up that way its hooked up right, if not the car wont start.

Comment

can anyone confirm this? i found on a rb25det ecu pinout that pin #41 and #42 are the crank angle sensors. but also pin #51 and #52. I wirired the power into my boost controller and turbo timer so i know power or ground is not an issue. but even with the crank sensors not connected when the unit powers up it should blink or something should it not?

Comment

bump.

Comment

that sounds more like a faulty bee*r limiter then anything. i have one on my rb25 and the only problem i have ever had with it is over fueling after hitting the limiter way to many times. many years of bee*r and not one fault. I like it especially in drift cause u can set launch control to the handbrake so when i actually am pulling the handbrake in drift i can floor it and it only revs up to what i set it to. really helpful.... handbrake rpm is set to 4500 so when i pull the handbrake i dont need to back off the throttle... the limiter does it for me

Comment

Originally posted by Zacho View Post
                      Here you go, hope this helps.

Glad to see people are using this.
                      91 GTST Type M

Comment

hey all,

i know this is quite old, but i am wondering: do i need to just tap on the wires or cut them and hook the ecu to this unit? i cant seem to find the answer.

Original:
                        ECU ----------- SOMETHING

Bee-R install (which one is correct?)

..................BEE-R
                        ECU -------<
                        ..................SOMETHING

..................BEE-R
                        ECU -------¯
                        ..................SOMETHING (not connected)
                        :.: 1990 Pulsar GTI-R // 13.5s @ 95mph

Comment

Where do I put the white cable? I know its for the ebrake, but which ecu wire is the ebrake?

Comment

Originally posted by GTRSOAR View Post
                            Where do I put the white cable? I know its for the ebrake, but which ecu wire is the ebrake?
                            connects to the ebrake wire under the center console
                            95 R33 Gtr

RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

Comment

Working...
                            X