s2 rb25det engine swap into my gtst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadybeaverguy View Post
    meh my tranny takes much more abuse than my old rb20 one ever did....
    Oh yeah the s1 is far better than the rb20 tranny but the one that everyone calls "bullet proof" is the s2 due to the gtr internals

Comment

I have to use the s2 coil packs, can it not just be wired in to what i currently have and run rb26 cams?
      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

if the PFC is for a 25, I'd say it will work with some rewiring

as for the cams - IDK
        -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

yes the power fc is meant for my s2 engine r33! I have geard of people using rb26 cams in a rb25 but i want to make sure before i start buying stuff

Comment

Since you already have the RB20DET loom, RB20DET ECU, use them and swap out the cam with RB20DET cams, adjustable camgears + RB20DET CAS, RB20DET sensors (TPS, o2 sensor, etc), etc.

But if S2 R33 RB25DET, it should be the same sensor, ignition module wise as R34 Neo RB25DET, so could use stock R34 Neo RB25DET ECU with Nistune + R34 Neo RB25DET engine loom and earth? the features you don't need, like traction conrol device that sits infront of throttle body on R34 Neo RB25DET engine, etc.

S2 RB25DET, R34 Neo RB25DET share the same coilpack turn of feature from stock ECU (ignitors built into coilpacks).
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Whats the big benefit with swapping to GTR cams??

I'd rather get reground 25 cams and keep VCT - yeah I know I'm a Honda fanboy...

I found some NICE power playing with my VCT....

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

Earlier boost build (due to camgear settings), more pickup in low to mid, due to 240 duration intake cam, 236 duration exhaust cam and camgear settings. Also elimination of NVCS.

Tomei explain the benefits of this staggered cam setup (260 duration intake, 252 duration exhaust) with Tomei Type A Poncam on this page -

1968年にチューナーで日産ワークスドライバーでもあった鈴木誠一が城北ライダースの仲間とともに「東名自動車」を設立し、2018年で創業50年を迎えます。そう、東名は「車好き」「チューニング好き」が集まって設立された会社です。

R32 RB20DET, R33 RB25DET run the Type B Poncam (equal duration on intake, exhaust cams). I guess it's part of the reason why they have less power at lower rpm's.

Some engines like R35GTR V6 engine for example run low duration on intake cams and high duration on exhaust cams. Then use NVCS to adjust camtiming at topend on intake cams to get more hp.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

How hard would it be to change the valve train?

Comment

Tomei sell solid lifter parts (valvesprings, solid lifter kit, shims for solid lifters) for RB20DET, RB25DET, etc.

Look through Tomei's web catalogue -

1968年にチューナーで日産ワークスドライバーでもあった鈴木誠一が城北ライダースの仲間とともに「東名自動車」を設立し、2018年で創業50年を迎えます。そう、東名は「車好き」「チューニング好き」が集まって設立された会社です。

As far as I know Neo RB25DET has solid lifter. Probably easier to buy a Neo RB25DET and fit upgraded cams.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

But NVCS should give the best of both worlds....

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

Working...
                      X