Splitfire series 2 r33 on series 1 r33

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitfire series 2 r33 on series 1 r33

Hi everyone, I've ordered a set of splitfire coilpacks for my r33 series 1 and got a set for series 2. I had a funny feeling it wouldn't fit my car, but before ordering I made sure I called the store and spoke to a salesperson who told me they would fit no problem. Anyhow, long story short I ended up with series 2 coilpacks instead of series 1. Is there any way to make it work? I know the connectors are physically slightly different, but I can make it fit by slightly modifying them. Does it need a new ignitor or I can use the one I have? Has anyone done this before and could give me an advice?
    Thx guys

Get the company to give you what you ordered(s1 coils), don't settle for the wrong parts.

The S2 coils have the ignitor in them. S1 has an external ignitor on the coil cover. Time consuming to do the wiring...wouldn't even bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Zacho View Post
      Get the company to give you what you ordered(s1 coils), don't settle for the wrong parts.

The S2 coils have the ignitor in them. S1 has an external ignitor on the coil cover. Time consuming to do the wiring...wouldn't even bother.
      you're right. The easiest way would be to get the right part but won't neccessarily be the fastest option because I ordered it from frsport.com and they're in LA and I'm here in Toronto. It will take about a week to ship it there and then another week to receive the right product + the money lost on shipping, customs etc. I can handle the wiring if it's possible to do it. Do u have a diagram or anything I can follow to get it done?
      Thx

Comment

dont bother doing that man. I would suck up the time and i would make them pay the shipping and duties on the item! That is complete bs and i dont really know how good that would work for you. Ship it express both ways and it will be back to you in a week and a half and you'll have the right part! I wish you the best of luck.

But if for whatever reason you decide to donate these to someone i have a series 2 motor going in my car that would enjoy some nice splitfires!
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
          But if for whatever reason you decide to donate these to someone i have a series 2 motor going in my car that would enjoy some nice splitfires!
          LOL If you really want, I can donate em to you for $500

Comment

hehehe ya i know you could, but i already have yellow jackets so they are not really needed. But just try sending them back. And tell the company to let you keep the current set and give you half off the series one. Then when you sell the series two coils then you'll get some money back from it all.

Comment

I sent them an email so we'll see what happens. Hopefully they won't be a pain in the *** about it. I'll keep you posted

Comment

ya would be interestd to see what happens and how they correct their mistake! I wish you the best of luck man.

Comment

FRSport was great for me...I hope they help you out. Tell them you were sent the wrong RB25 coils, and if they don't understand explain the s2 and s1 differences...I have been amazed at shops selling parts and have no idea the differences.

Comment

I was on the phone with the guy all day yesterday and we finally came up to an agreement. He charged my card for new coilpacks DIS-001 and I'm gonna ship the old ones back to him. He is supposed to reimburse me for the shipping charges and the old coilpacks. I still lost money on customs, but it's better to lose 40$ than to lose $500...

Comment

Working...
                    X