X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 psi is pushin it
    10 psi is safe
    Swap out the wheel of your turbo fir a steel one and abuse that turbo at 20 psi
    R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
    Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

• I don't keep my cars long enough to justify spending lots of cash on it

Comment

• i got a base tune done using Z32 ecu.
        230hp/218tq @13 psi
        RG mustang dyno
        A BIRD ON YOUR HAND ** **** ON YOUR WRIST

Comment

• Originally posted by R33rr View Post
          i got a base tune done using Z32 ecu.
          230hp/218tq @13 psi
          RG mustang dyno
          Nice numbers, I'd be interested to see what it would make temporarily set at a bar (or 15psi). What's your set up?
          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• stock internals , turbo rebuilt with steel wheel on exhaust , hks FMIC , Z32 ecu.
            My winter built would be : freddy intake /550cc injectors, exotic speed T4 / either precision or holset turbo . Im not sure which one yet., Poncams , sard AFR, im not sure if my pump could feed enough , as i dont know if pump was replace in japan . will see if needed , if not a v-spec pump or gtr pump which i have just in case.
            A BIRD ON YOUR HAND ** **** ON YOUR WRIST

Comment

• can i have your turbo when you do that ?

Comment

• Nice. I look forward to the results when it's done. I have a very similar RB25 in progress.
                1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• Well finally went yesterday and did my yearly. Not a pap-smear, but spun the rollers. kinda dissapointed,but not really as my hp goals of 300whp haven't yet been realized on paper. But are there in reach.

Got a full tank of 93 oct, but the car still wasn't fast as it usually is. Thinking they sneaked in some ethanol into the mix. wanted to go to columbia and get some 94 oct just make sure it ran like a champ. But that didn't happen. adjusted my boost controller as it reads 2 psi higher than really is. so it was 15psi i started out with..

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

final number was 243.37@229.48tq
                  last year was a sorry ass 184.55@165.39tq

my problem this time was my boost wasn't steady. on my final run(this one) he hooked up a boost gauge to tell me where i was at.

got up to 15psi,dropped down to 0. got up to 16psi,dropped down to 0.got up to 18psi,dropped down to 0.???

so the dyno guy said my porfec b settings were bad AFTER i did my final run. i did set the gain "only' to 35 and i didn't adjust anything else.. so sperm on my face for that mistake.

if that wasn't the issue it could be

-the damn hx wastegate,since it dosen't have a ref bung on the cold side(i made one on the intake charge pipe). that could be it. and ive heard that the stock internal wastegates on these are funny.

-boost leak. dosen't seem likely since i have everything t-clamped(not t-bagged). but one or 2 of my pipes aren't lipped.

so there it is. the dyno guy did say cause i was dropping off and i didn't have a steeady boost curve that i was missing 50hp.. so next year iam going for goal..

Comment

• Sucks to hear about your issue, but in comparison to your previous year, those are some great numbers!
                    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• Airleak would be one cause. Intake manifold leak??

Pressure test intake piping to make sure -

We make a home made boost pressure leak tester for our turbo car from parts you can get from your local hardware store for around $10. We found a pesky leak ...

Also could run without the boost controller and see if it's the cause. Also run with higher octane gas, as ECU can pull ignition timing when knock happens or it thinks knock happens (separate feature to knock maps and pulls ignition timing), but usually that only drops boost level by 2psi or so. Stock BOV could be another cause, especially above 10psi where it starts to leak.
                      Last edited by Skym; 10-30-2011, 11:27 PM.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• Originally posted by Skym View Post
                        Airleak would be one cause. Intake manifold leak??

Pressure test intake piping to make sure -

We make a home made boost pressure leak tester for our turbo car from parts you can get from your local hardware store for around $10. We found a pesky leak ...

Also could run without the boost controller and see if it's the cause. Also run with higher octane gas, as ECU can pull ignition timing when knock happens or it thinks knock happens (separate feature to knock maps and pulls ignition timing), but usually that only drops boost level by 2psi or so. Stock BOV could be another cause, especially above 10psi where it starts to leak.

more on this stock bov leak issue please??

Comment

• It's a well known problem -

Also that's a 17psi spring, but on GTS Skylines it leaks around 10psi. I think GTR stock BOV's x 2 have a harder spring.

Modded my cars stock BOV for a while by blocking little hole next to main valve, drilling hole in side of BOV (above flange) where that little hole goes (Tomei? stock BOV mod), but BOV wouldn't open at lower boost levels. The above link makes BOV adjustable.

Also need to replace BOV gasket.

Replaced it with Synapse BOV -

http://www.synapseengineering.com http://www.facebook.com/synapseengineering http://www.twitter.com/SynapseHQ

Way better than stock or modified stock BOV, especially off boost where it picks up better.
                          Last edited by Skym; 10-31-2011, 01:13 AM.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

• i have a greddy type rs that iam going to put back on this. i had to get a rb25 pipe as my location on the 20 charge pipe made a hole in the hood from the adjusting screw..

Comment

• 254whp and 224 tq @ 14psi

Got up to 6100rpm and got too lean and aborted the pull. Ran out of time to dyno today, but will be going back in the spring with 650cc injectors, 300 lph fuel pump, and adjustable fpr.

Right now its got:

rb20det engine and tranny
                              stock internals
                              stock 270cc injectors
                              stock fuel pump
                              stock fuel rail
                              stock ecu

divorced dump pipe
                              3" down pipe
                              3" decat
                              3" cat back
                              hks style intake
                              fmic
                              stage 2 clutch
                              T3 turbo, Turbine, A/R 0.63, Compressor, A/R 0.5
                              Last edited by BongRips; 11-21-2011, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• HPI brand bell mouth 3" dumppipe / outlet pipe would be better -

But not cheap -

Divorced dumppipe / outlet pipe is roughly 2.5" on main pipe, should be 3".

To make your own bellmouth dumppipe / outlet pipe, buy flange for back of stock RB turbo, flange for front pipe side of dumppipe / outlet pipe and what is called a 3" round to oval, 90° turndown pipe. Then cut, shape to suit, weld together. Uses stock dumppipe / outlet pipe gasket on turbo side, aftermarket gasket, bolts from exhaust shop, fitting shop on exhaust side (or custom made exhaust gasket).

3" round to oval, 90° turndown piping -

Spintech Mufflers, High Performance Exhaust, Spintech Street and Race Mufflers, Performance Exhaust, Oval Exhaust, Low Profile Mufflers
                                Last edited by Skym; 11-02-2011, 11:38 PM.
                                RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                                X