Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recommend a place in lower mainland that I should get my car dynoed at?

Comment

• Originally posted by r33_gtst View Post
      ^ mustang dyno, not as precise
      Ah thanks. mine was done on DynaPack which is measured at the hub, not the wheels.
      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• I am only running stock boost in the car right now. 8-9 psi.

Comment

• regarding "R32GTS-R" dyno could you post the printout. I am interested in the curve , and Air fuel ratio
          1993 GTR
          1992 GTS-T Type - M (Sold)

Comment

• I can't post pics I can email you if interested. Also, didn't connect wideband for a/f.

Comment

• Originally posted by clone View Post
              Your right my top end is rich. A guy at work pointed that out too. I am thinking of cleaning my MAF.
              any other ideas?
              It's normal for engine to go rich at mid to high rpm with bigger lph fuelpump (stock is 135lph and you have a 255lph fuelpump). It happens because injectors are open more at mid to high rpm when on boost. ECU retune (Nistune) can fix it. 10's are ok, that's roughly where it was at factory. It's just robbing hp being that rich.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• On the topic of Fuel pumps, is the Walbro 255 going to be good enough for 500+hp or should I upgrade ?
                1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• From what I understand, fuelpump is matched to the injectors your running. Bigger injectors = bigger fuelpump. With injectors, roughly 1cc = 1hp. As far as I know, 255lph fuelpump works with 550cc-600cc injectors, so limited to roughly 550-600hp at engine.

With around 1000cc+ ID (Injector Dynamic) injectors, liftpump in tank, surge / collector tank, external (internal if using Sard collector tank) fuelpump x 2 with dual entry fuelrail (Sard or similar), Sard FPR, etc.

If pushing limit's of fuelpump, make sure you have good wiring to fuelpump, as don't want a voltage drop at higher rpm.

This is a device that allows you to adjust voltage to fuelpump (from cabin) and works like factory setup -

404 Page not found Here are some useful links: Home Page Superchargers Parts Support/Contact

Running direct to battery can cause problems as puts more load on alternator when light's, aircon, etc are on, heats fuel (unless you have fuel cooler), etc. That's why factory run it the way they do, to avoid all of those problems and extra $$$ to solve them.
                  Last edited by Skym; 10-28-2011, 09:13 PM.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

• Great thread I am learning alot. My next upgrade is nistue, I did electronics in school I may install the chip myself. I heard "pure" and "RS tuning" are good for that too.
                    1993 GTR
                    1992 GTS-T Type - M (Sold)

Comment

• Thanks for clearing that up Skym.

Hoping my 800cc injectors will mate well with an upgraded Fuel pump.
                      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• I think it's limited by the 550-600cc injectors, FPR. Can bump fuelpressure up via FPR and can squeeze more fuel out of injectors. On one RB20DET they bumped pressure by roughly 10psi (stock 35.5psi to 45psi on RB20DET at idle) that when combined with ECU tune, 300lph Bosch fuelpump made stock 276cc RB20DET injectors capable of handling around 370-380hp (engine) at 100% duty.

Fuelpumps are hp, lph rated at certain voltage, so should be easy to match to injectors.

This website has graphs showing the voltage vs lph for fuelpumps (GTR, Walbro, etc) -

Deatchwerks sell a fuelpump with flow data -

and rough hp figures for fuelpump, etc -

DeatschWerks Fuel Pumps = The Flow You Want with the Fitment You Need DW has engineered its fuel pumps to maximize flow at higher pressures. By designing the armature for torque bias, delaying pressure relief activation, and maximizing impeller efficiency, DW has created a line of pumps with an extremely flat flow curv

Also they sell the hardwire kit for direct to battery feed for voltage -

From what I understand, duel fuelpump setup is due to if one fuelpump fails or is weaker, the other is still providing enough fuel. With fuelpumps in the US they can reach 1000hp+ (Aeromotive, etc), so one fuelpump is probably enough and even if weaker, probably still provides enough fuel. On most dragsters I've seen they run 2x fuelpumps feeding a V8 engine (2x fuel rails?).

Also most fuelpumps are brush type and could fail early if run at peak all the time (another reason why factory run it the way they do). Fuelpump run the factory way should last 100,000km (when it's recommended to be replaced with new fuelpump). Factory make sure car last's the 100,000km or 3? year warrenty period. If for performance you worry about factory wiring not providing enough voltage, not so much about longevity of fuelpump. But with that device to adjust voltage to fuelpump, can have the best of both worlds.

Also I think your meant to get a fuelpump with at least 10%+ more hp than hp rating of injectors. I assume it's a safety margin incase fuelpump lph drops over time due to bad wiring, etc.
                        Last edited by Skym; 10-29-2011, 06:54 PM.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

• I got my car dynoed today at racing greed..

1996 gts25t
                          Stock rb25det
                          Downpipe, decat, hks hipower catback
                          209rwhp @ 6449 rpm
                          191rwtq @ 5200rpm

Seems low or am I wrong? Supposedly tht Dyno reads lower than other mustang dynos

Just bought a hks evc3 that I'll install tomorrow and bring the boost up a bit
                          Last edited by cooke24; 10-30-2011, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• This is a exhaust from turbo back on a R33 RB25DET with cat installed -

Ignition DVD takes its project R33 Skyline to X-Force exhuast as part of the budget build up story.

161.5rwkw x 1.341 = 216.5rwhp

Then with HDI FMIC -

Ignition DVD goes to HDI to have a new front mounted intercooler fitted to the R33 budget build up car.

And they ran it again before FMIC with 156.8rwkw x 1.341 = 210rwhp.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

• What is the maximum PSI for the stock RB25 turbo, any one know?
                              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• 12psi. From wat I know

Comment

Working...
                                X