Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is craving more fuel, which as I said I will be giving to it in the spring. It's running a little bit lean right now, but it was with the tuner on the dyno today and he said it's fine until next season when I upgrade the fuel system and get a full tune.

Comment

• Originally posted by BongRips View Post
      It is craving more fuel, which as I said I will be giving to it in the spring. It's running a little bit lean right now, but it was with the tuner on the dyno today and he said it's fine until next season when I upgrade the fuel system and get a full tune.
      those are excellent numbers. but were using the stock t28 blower??

Comment

Bong your injector duty cycles must be really high. Your prob right on the edge of almost 100% duty cycle @ that boost level.

Comment

• Originally posted by supersayianjim View Post
          those are excellent numbers. but were using the stock t28 blower??
          I would assume that was on the stock RB20 turbo. My RB20 with RB25 turbo made only 10hp more. But I had 444cc injectors and Walbro 255
          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• Man last time I use a mustang Dyno

Comment

• Originally posted by cooke24 View Post
              Man last time I use a mustang Dyno
              Pourquoi?
              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• Cause people got the same bolt on mods as I do on a rb20 putting out higher numbers.

Comment

• There's so many factors that come into play with accuracy on a dyno though. Don't take it to heart
                  1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• Actually no, I'm sure my injectors are at 100% duty cycle because I do have an uprated turbo on there that's good for ~450hp with these specs;

Turbine housing: A/R .63 with T3 flange.

Turbine wheel outlet 48mm, outer diameter 64.5mm

Compressor housing A/R=0.5

48 trim compressor; inducer 53mm, exducer 76.5mm

And as I said, I only did a pull to around 6k and there's still 2k left before redline. On a different skyline forum there are a bunch of ppl using them making around 400whp with supporting mods. And through the whole rev range I was a bit lean but at 6k is where it got bad. It's stored now until spring when it will be getting the full treatment. 650cc DeatschWerks injectors, DW 300lph fuel pump, front facing plenum, get rid of maf and switch to map, haltech platinum pro with Haltech boost solenoid and full tune, vta bov, yellow jackets, and timing belt kit. Gauges for boost, oil temp and an aem wideband. I don't think I'm leaving anything out am I?
                    I'm hoping for 350-400whp. I know the tranny will go at that point, but I'll be gentle and once it goes it'll be swapped for an rb25 tranny. I'm gonna stick with the rb20 though as I've heard of them making over 600whp with supporting mods and that's more than enough for me especially with the weight we can get an r32 gtst down to. Excellent power to weight ratio at even 400whp and 2700lbs which is only 122lbs off
                    Last edited by BongRips; 11-21-2011, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Didn't think the rb20 reved to 8000...But the a/m turbo explains the numbers

Comment

• Hmm interesting to know its not a stock turbo. Decent numbers still...but I'll believe this 600whp when I see it. And I hope you aren't referring to a stock motor/internals
                        1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• Sorry I should have mentioned that I'm not doubting 400hp~. It's been done, 600 seems far fetched.
                          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• I never said I'm shooting for 600, I was just saying I've heard of rb20s making over 600 to the wheels and surviving. But I'm pretty sure it was a fully build engine which would explain why it survived. I am only going for 400 because that's more than enough haha

Comment

• Nice, good luck! I plan on making anywhere near those numbers as well on my RB25. 400 would be fine but 500~ would be sick, but my shop recommended at least a metal head gasket and ARP head studs for anything over 400~.
                              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

• I've also heard to replace it if boosting above 1.2 bar (~18psi if I remember correctly) Since I will be shooting for 400 tops and running 16psi, I should be fine. But if the headgasket goes I'll replace it and of course the studs. If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Comment

Working...
                                X